ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Carer's Allownace and meeting adequate maintenance

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

asas1911
Newly Registered

Less than 6 months in employment

Post by asas1911 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:44 am

Hi,
I read somewhere on this forum (I can't find the thread now) about the option of a 'Section B' rule if you have not been in your job for more than 6 months.

Does anyone know if there is such a thing? I have been in employment for 3 months with a annual salary of £19k pro rata. In addition we have (between both me and my husband) saving of around £50k.

We want to apply for a spouse visa. What are the potential routes apart from waiting 3 more months until I've got 6 months employment history.

Thanks

walker
Mood:
Palestine

Re: Less than 6 months in employment

Post by walker » Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:51 pm

You must eb referring to 'Category B'.

Please see:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... .0-ext.pdf

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Re: Less than 6 months in employment

Post by TODMATT » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:58 pm

asas1911 wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:44 am
Hi,
I read somewhere on this forum (I can't find the thread now) about the option of a 'Section B' rule if you have not been in your job for more than 6 months.

Does anyone know if there is such a thing? I have been in employment for 3 months with a annual salary of £19k pro rata. In addition we have (between both me and my husband) saving of around £50k.

We want to apply for a spouse visa. What are the potential routes apart from waiting 3 more months until I've got 6 months employment history.

Thanks
You can apply under CAT B depending on whether you salaried or un-salaried. CAT B has two requirements in which first requirement can be combined with SAVINGS and second condition CANNNOT be combine with savings.

Have you earned 18,600 during the last 12 months ?because at the moment you are looking CAT B or else you can wait for 6 months with your current employer and apply under CAT A.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

asas1911
Newly Registered

Financial requirement - Carers Allowance or savings

Post by asas1911 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:56 pm

Hi, I possibly have 2 routes to settle the financial requirement, one is on cash savings (from combining both my husband's and my bank accounts) and the other is as I can claim Carer's Allowance as I am carer for one of my children.

Which route is the best and safer option with a higher chance of success?

Thanks

wak9001

Re: Financial requirement - Carers Allowance or savings

Post by wak9001 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:56 pm

asas1911 wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:56 pm
Hi, I possibly have 2 routes to settle the financial requirement, one is on cash savings (from combining both my husband's and my bank accounts) and the other is as I can claim Carer's Allowance as I am carer for one of my children.

Which route is the best and safer option with a higher chance of success?

Thanks
Carers allowance, you are exempt from the financial requirement. So if you meet what is needed for this, i'd say CA would be easier. I applied using that and it was straight forward :)

asas1911
Newly Registered

Temporary Job

Post by asas1911 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:45 am

Hi,
I am the sponsor and will be applying for a spouse visa soon for my husband.

I have been employed in my job since January 2021 earning £19,296 p/a (£1608 per month gross) however my contract is going to end in July 2021 - it's a 7 month contract.

As I need to be in my job for 6 months to apply under Catefory A am I able to in June (when I have 6 months worth of payslips) submit 6 payslips? Do the Home Office require that the time in employment must be a permanent or long term role? They will know my contract as 7 months as my employment contract states I am in my post until July2021.

Please can anyone clarify.
Thanks

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Re: Temporary Job

Post by TODMATT » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:09 am

asas1911 wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:45 am
Hi,
I am the sponsor and will be applying for a spouse visa soon for my husband.

I have been employed in my job since January 2021 earning £19,296 p/a (£1608 per month gross) however my contract is going to end in July 2021 - it's a 7 month contract.

As I need to be in my job for 6 months to apply under Catefory A am I able to in June (when I have 6 months worth of payslips) submit 6 payslips? Do the Home Office require that the time in employment must be a permanent or long term role? They will know my contract as 7 months as my employment contract states I am in my post until July2021.

Please can anyone clarify.
Thanks
Appendix FM-SE
"(iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency)."
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

asas1911
Newly Registered

meeting the £62,500 savings from moeny abroad

Post by asas1911 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:03 am

To meet the minimum savings amount (£62,500) for a spouse visa can my husband (the applicant) sell a property he owns to his brother (they live in Egypt). Once the money from the sale is in his account we will have enough combined between us to meet the £62,500 threshold. My husband has owned this property for 8 months but to meet the financial requirement wants to sell it to his brother. Will the Home Office accept property sales conducted abroad we will provide the sale documents and their translations. Also will the fact he sold it to his brother have any impact?

vinny

Re: meeting the £62,500 savings from moeny abroad

Post by vinny » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:19 am

See also 11A, etc., related to cash savings.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: meeting the £62,500 savings from moeny abroad

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:06 pm

Topics merged!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

asas1911
Newly Registered

Video calls via Viber

Post by asas1911 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:35 am

Hi,
I am submitting screenshots of the calls and audio calls using VIber between me and my husband showing the day and tie of the call and the length of the call. Is this sufficient or do I need actual screenshots of our faces during a videocall.

We have a very good call and videocall history (we call each other several times daily and videocall at least 7-10 times a week) and we've been doing this since we knew each other from last year. So I have screenshotted the call and video call logs but not the actual video calls.

Is this sufficient or would I need actual screenshots of our videocalls?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Video calls via Viber

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:13 am

asas1911 wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:35 am
Hi,
I am submitting screenshots of the calls and audio calls using VIber between me and my husband showing the day and tie of the call and the length of the call. Is this sufficient or do I need actual screenshots of our faces during a videocall.

We have a very good call and videocall history (we call each other several times daily and videocall at least 7-10 times a week) and we've been doing this since we knew each other from last year. So I have screenshotted the call and video call logs but not the actual video calls.

Is this sufficient or would I need actual screenshots of our videocalls?
The records you stated is sufficient. No need of screenshot of you both on video calls, that serves no purpose.
Submit the screenshot of the call records and chats that you have.

asas1911
Newly Registered

Carer's Allownace and meeting adequate maintenance

Post by asas1911 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:09 am

I have savings which I want to use towards the adequate maintenance requirements along with carer's allowance and child tax credit. I don't work as I am a carer for my daughter who receives DLA. I married last year and now wish for my spouse to join me here in the UK. As I am in receipt of Carer's Allowance I am exempt from meeting the financial requirement but must meet adequate maintenance. I have 2 children from my previous marriage.
Regarding my savings what figure do I use: is it the lowest amount in my bank in the past 6 months and provide 6 months of bank statements or the amount in my savings account at the time of application and just the last bank statement?