ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent- Query regarding change of course

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

guest514
Newly Registered
China

Urgent- Query regarding change of course

Post by guest514 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:52 am

Hi. Please see below my immigration history in short for Tier 4 visa.

1. Oct 2017- Received visa to study at university A. While coming here I got very sick and decided to withdraw. I returned to my country after 3 days without registration. I received the full refund from uni etc.

2. Apr 2018- Received visa for university B. The uni later cancelled the course due to lack of students and informed me this by email. I didn’t travel on that visa.

3. Sep 2018- Received visa to study at university A again for my current course.

Course is a BSc programme with placement year. Total duration is 4 years. After 2nd year I had to transfer to regular course (BSc without placement year). So my course is 3 years now but visa is still 4 years duration.

Now I’m in 3rd year. I’ve been approved by my department for changing my course to MEng which is undergraduate masters course but with a different subject title from BSc course. Can I transfer to it without applying for a new visa? There is another undergraduate masters course MChem with the same subject title as BSc course. If I transfer to that, can I do it without applying for a new visa?

I enquired my international student support team last year about transferring to MChem. They replied that I can do it without applying for a new visa.
But now I’ve requested to transfer to MEng and they have asked me to leave the UK and apply for a new visa. They have also mentioned now that I’ve previously studied in the UK (maybe they mean my course which was cancelled). They have also asked me name the course I have studied.

Please advise as my registration will be blocked soon and I’ll have to leave the UK.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Urgent- Query regarding change of course

Post by sah10406 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:01 pm

guest514 wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:52 am
I enquired my international student support team last year about transferring to MChem. They replied that I can do it without applying for a new visa.
But now I’ve requested to transfer to MEng and they have asked me to leave the UK and apply for a new visa. They have also mentioned now that I’ve previously studied in the UK (maybe they mean my course which was cancelled). They have also asked me name the course I have studied.
It's very important that you discuss this again with the international student adviser at your university. Your situation is complex and they need to look at your options with you, and help you understand them. If you don't understand your options, or why your options now are different from your options before, ask them to explain it until you do understand. That way you can make your best decision on what to do next.

Your situation is complex, and it is deeply linked to the university's own academic decisions and systems. You need guidance from someone who understands every angle, including your full situation, and the university's own systems. With respect, you cannot expect or receive professional-level one-to-one advice about this on an internet message board.

I am sorry to put it that way, and wish you all the best.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.