ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switch from Tier 2 to FLR(M) Unmarried Partner Delay

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

knorval
Newly Registered
United States of America

Switching Tier 2 to Unmarried Partner

Post by knorval » Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:48 am

Hi there!

I am switching from Tier 2 to an unmarried partner visa (family). I’m wondering if anyone has done this recently and can explain their process? I’m wondering if they’ll reuse my biometrics as my last visa process was less than 2 years ago. I’m worried about having to travel to Glasgow for a biometrics appointment from Edinburgh during these times.

For reference, I am American, my partner of 4 years is Scottish. We have lived together for 2 years.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Switching Tier 2 to Unmarried Partner

Post by seagul » Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:59 am

knorval wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:48 am
Hi there!

I am switching from Tier 2 to an unmarried partner visa (family). I’m wondering if anyone has done this recently and can explain their process? I’m wondering if they’ll reuse my biometrics as my last visa process was less than 2 years ago. I’m worried about having to travel to Glasgow for a biometrics appointment from Edinburgh during these times.

For reference, I am American, my partner of 4 years is Scottish. We have lived together for 2 years.
Reusing of previous biometrics detail was only possible through UKVI app during the first lockdown which is now defunct. Therefore, you will have to re-enroll your biometrics detail for making the application be valid. For this purpose you can select any of your conveniently accessible centre.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

knorval
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by knorval » Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:30 pm

Okay, thanks. I’m guessing it’ll be awhile before I can get an appointment then. Pretty stressful stuff!

Have you done the partner visa route? Is it common for people to be rejected?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:13 pm

See what authorities expect from unmarried partners:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ners-set05
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

knorval
Newly Registered
United States of America

Switch from Tier 2 to FLR(M) Unmarried Partner Delay

Post by knorval » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:58 pm

It seems as though other people on my same visa route have gotten a decision on or before 8 weeks but unfortunately, I still haven’t heard a thing and am beyond frustrated.

I lost my job in November (which is why I am making the visa switch) and cannot work until I have confirmation of this next visa.

Application submitted online: 9/12/20
Visa/immigration health charges paid: 9/12/20
Documents uploaded: 3/1/21
Documents checked/confirmed: 5/1/21
Biometrics: 6/1/21

I have heard NOTHING since my biometrics appointment. Going on almost 11 weeks now. I’ve tried going to my MP/MSP and the complaints email at the Home Office as well as the customer service line. Not one person can get information regarding this visa. So I’m still waiting.

Apparently my visa is still “under consideration” but if they need more information from me or if there was a delay wouldn’t someone be in touch?

The unmarried partner route seems pretty straightforward to me, you either meet the requirements or you don’t. I know there are delays via Covid, but this is taking far too long.

Is there anyone on this forum who might be able to help me???

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Switch from Tier 2 to FLR(M) Unmarried Partner Delay

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:31 pm

Standard applications can take up to 6 months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

knorval
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by knorval » Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:34 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:31 pm
Standard applications can take up to 6 months.
Via the government website:

“If you apply outside the UK a decision will usually be made within 12 weeks.

If you apply in the UK a decision will usually be made within 8 weeks of your application date if you use the standard service.”

I am inside the UK. Where is the information that says it can take six months?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:51 pm

The most relevant parts of your application will be meeting the income threshold and demonstrating the living a kin to marriage. These are the two areas where most concern / refusals come from. As long as these areas have been completely covered off it should be a case of wait and see.

knorval
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by knorval » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:52 pm

I’ve been waiting almost 14 weeks now and can’t get a new job until I hear about this visa. I’m just wondering why this delay is so long when this type of visa is straightforward (you meet the requirements or you don’t). The Home Office won’t even give my MP any information!