ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa - unique situation

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

maibm

Spouse visa - unique situation

Post by maibm » Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:20 am

Dear all,

Hope you are well and keeping safe.

Need some advice please and apologies in advance if this question has been asked before (I have been unable to find something similar on this).

Just to give you some history, I am a British National and my wife is a Pakistani holding a Pakistani passport. We married in 2017 and she moved to the UK under a 30 month spouse visa in August 2017.

In August 2018, we moved to Dubai due to me getting a job here and my wife's UK spouse visa finished in April 2020. Since then, my wife has obtained a 2 year visit visa so we can travel to the UK to see family.

My question is are we able to apply for a UK spouse visa with cash savings of £62.5k even if we are still living in Dubai i.e. as her sponsor, even though I am living and working in Dubai, can I still sponsor her based on the cash savings?

Happy to answer any questions should there be any but would greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance.

vinny

Re: Spouse visa - unique situation

Post by vinny » Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:29 am

Yes, subject to Appendix FM-SE, etc.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

walker
Mood:
Palestine

Post by walker » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:39 pm

It would seem you will not have an issue in terms of meeting the financial requirement. However, if you are not living in the UK, I do not see how you will satisfy the requirement of intending to live together permanently in the UK.

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:24 pm

walker wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:39 pm
It would seem you will not have an issue in terms of meeting the financial requirement. However, if you are not living in the UK, I do not see how you will satisfy the requirement of intending to live together permanently in the UK.
If the sponsor is intending to move back to the UK together with their spouse, then this is a very common way to do it.

Of course, evidence of the intended move has to be provided: accommodation in UK from arrival, etc.
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.