ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form - NEW

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Fustrated2019

Re: Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form - NEW

Post by Fustrated2019 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:57 pm

@ngoo congratulations. Enjoy your much earned freedom 🎉

Ngoo
Nigeria

Post by Ngoo » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:02 am

Fustrated2019 wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:57 pm
@ngoo congratulations. Enjoy your much earned freedom 🎉
@Fustrated2019, thank you.

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:17 pm

gee4 wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:50 pm
Good day everyone

Is there anyone who’s had oral hearing for their appeal please? I’m looking to find out the process and what I have to do. I’ve been sent an email to expect hearing date soon for my Zambrano application appeal. I sent skeleton of argument to the court along with the appeal form but I haven’t sent any to home office. I am also looking to get help on how to attend the hearing and what to say as I have no representative. Thanks
Just checking on you. How is it going?. Have you called the courts/tribunal?. Did you get any help yet?.

gee4
Nigeria

Post by gee4 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:21 pm

LULUBABY wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:17 pm
gee4 wrote:
Good day everyone

Is there anyone who’s had oral hearing for their appeal please? I’m looking to find out the process and what I have to do. I’ve been sent an email to expect hearing date soon for my Zambrano application appeal. I sent skeleton of argument to the court along with the appeal form but I haven’t sent any to home office. I am also looking to get help on how to attend the hearing and what to say as I have no representative. Thanks
Just checking on you. How is it going?. Have you called the courts/tribunal?. Did you get any help yet?.

Thank you so much for checking. I called the courts and was told I should send a bundle to HO but I haven’t received their bundle neither. I am currently speaking to legal aid advisers, hopefully they help me out. I now have hearing date also and i have been researching what to do, I’ve never been in court nor know the procedures and it’s a little overwhelming

gee4
Nigeria

Post by gee4 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:55 am

Hi everyone
I just spoke to a solicitor who said the chances of the appeal being successful is low because i didn’t apply for DRF initially and it’s part of the legal requirements. But I remember reading here it’s not compulsory to make the application hence why I didn’t 😢

snooky

Post by snooky » Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:26 am

gee4 wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:55 am
Hi everyone
I just spoke to a solicitor who said the chances of the appeal being successful is low because i didn’t apply for DRF initially and it’s part of the legal requirements. But I remember reading here it’s not compulsory to make the application hence why I didn’t 😢
Hi Geek4

On this platform especially on topics with euss Zambrano applications, we have always said to people to first do drf1 applications before the settlement scheme or do them concurrently.

The solicitor maybe right because these derivative applications are dicey but the Appendix eu and the guidance stipulate that, when any one apply for derivative under the settlement scheme, the caseworkers should use EEA reg 16 and its guidance to assess the applicant.

Remember the settlement scheme should reflect and be compatible with the EU Laws. Anything which precludes someone to meet it is unlawful and illegal and can be challenged.

So far the courts are doing a great job as in most cases the judges are looking into what the laws say mot the guidance from HO.

Have hope, put in good skeleton Argument and witness Statement with enough genuine documentations from recognise organisations then wait and see.

Good luck

snooky

Post by snooky » Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:42 am

gee4 wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:21 pm
LULUBABY wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:17 pm
gee4 wrote:
Good day everyone

Thank you so much for checking. I called the courts and was told I should send a bundle to HO but I haven’t received their bundle neither. I am currently speaking to legal aid advisers, hopefully they help me out. I now have hearing date also and i have been researching what to do, I’ve never been in court nor know the procedures and it’s a little overwhelming
Hello

Keep up with the fight.

snooky

Post by snooky » Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:51 am

@All

For those who haven't yet applied for the settlement scheme, please remember we are getting closer to its end. The courts have said HO is right to put a deadline and will not interfer.

If you have derivative eea BRC and you haven't accrued continueonsly 5 years or you think you are entitle to it under the euss, please make sure you request for application form from the settlement scheme people and login your right before 30. 06. 2021.

We technically have 3 months from today to say goodbye to the most uncertain immigration policy and change in our era.

Hopefully we will have a thread namely ZAMBRANO SETTLED STATUS TO BRITISH NATURALISATION

Nice day

Fustrated2019

Post by Fustrated2019 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:31 am

Happy new month everyone.

@snooky please I need to pick your brains. I have received a date from the court for case management review before a hearing. I am appealing DFR1. I haven’t received anything from the home office and I haven’t sent anything either . I am self representing .
What will happen ? Can you please help?
Thank you

snooky

Post by snooky » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:27 am

Fustrated2019 wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:31 am

@snooky please I need to pick your brains. I have received a date from the court for case management review before a hearing. I am appealing DFR1. I haven’t received anything from the home office and I haven’t sent anything either . I am self representing .
Thank you
Hi

The reason why hearing has been converted to a Case Management Review Hearing is in order for the Judge to determine whether the case should proceed to a full hearing. If decided it is not necessary the Appellant’s case will be decided on the papers only.

The Immigration Tribunal often arranges Case Management Review (‘CMR’) Hearings where the Immigration Judge, Appellant, his or her representative and the Secretary of State for the Home Department’s representative attend to discuss any preparations required for the hearing. While there are few of these hearings, paragraph 7.2 of the relevant Practice Direction relates their significance:

The main purpose of the CMR is to confirm the points in issue prior to the substantive hearing. The judge conducting the hearing should be seeking to confirm the issues that will be raised by either side. ... The CMR is regarded as a hearing of the appeal and is held before an Immigration Judge.

Now self representing against HOPO is a very dangerous thread to go. The HOPOs are ambiguous with their definitions and twist so much.

You will need to engage a representative to properly help you through.

You have to also make sure you have a bundle of Skeleton Argument and Witness Statement for your trial should your case goes on trial.

Prepare for courts proceedings else your case wouldn't succeed.

I always say to people to do paper applications because if you can't argue with law whilst in court with HOPO then it call a car crash.

Fustrated2019

Post by Fustrated2019 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:34 pm

snooky wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:27 am
Fustrated2019 wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:31 am

Thank you
Hi

The reason why hearing has been converted to a Case Management Review Hearing is in order for the Judge to determine whether the case should proceed to a full hearing. If decided it is not necessary the Appellant’s case will be decided on the papers only.

The Immigration Tribunal often arranges Case Management Review (‘CMR’) Hearings where the Immigration Judge, Appellant, his or her representative and the Secretary of State for the Home Department’s representative attend to discuss any preparations required for the hearing. While there are few of these hearings, paragraph 7.2 of the relevant Practice Direction relates their significance:

The main purpose of the CMR is to confirm the points in issue prior to the substantive hearing. The judge conducting the hearing should be seeking to confirm the issues that will be raised by either side. ... The CMR is regarded as a hearing of the appeal and is held before an Immigration Judge.

Now self representing against HOPO is a very dangerous thread to go. The HOPOs are ambiguous with their definitions and twist so much.

You will need to engage a representative to properly help you through.

You have to also make sure you have a bundle of Skeleton Argument and Witness Statement for your trial should your case goes on trial.

Prepare for courts proceedings else your case wouldn't succeed.

I always say to people to do paper applications because if you can't argue with law whilst in court with HOPO then it call a car crash.
Thank you very much snooky . I will seek the services of an immigration lawyer as soon as possible. Thank you 🙏

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:32 pm

Happy Easter all.

UPDATE:

Hi all I just received this email from the Tribunal.

Please see attached decision and directions. The hearing listed for 12 April 2021 is vacated.

Consequent to the reference to a decision of Judge Neville in the applicant's grounds of renewal, filed with the Tribunal on 26 February 2021, the Judge has requested that a copy of the decision in Khan et al (EA/03099/2019 et al) be forwarded to the parties.

Kindly acknowledge receipt.

Please Snooky, what does this mean?. Oh my God I am really having headache and my heart is pounding really hard.

apollo_alpha

Post by apollo_alpha » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:28 pm

Hi Lulubaby,

I don't think the judgement of Khan Et al. is publicly available. I have tried to search for it but can't seem to find it. Can you copy and paste the text of it into the chat so we can read it... Thanks :)

snooky

Post by snooky » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:24 pm

LULUBABY wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:32 pm
Happy Easter all.

UPDATE:

Please see attached decision and directions. The hearing listed for 12 April 2021 is vacated.

Consequent to the reference to a decision of Judge Neville in the applicant's grounds of renewal, filed with the Tribunal on 26 February 2021, the Judge has requested that a copy of the decision in Khan et al (EA/03099/2019 et al) be forwarded to the parties.

Please Snooky, what does this mean?. Oh my God I am really having headache and my heart is pounding really hard.
Hi

It means a lot and in favour of your case. Should the unreported been true then the judge would allow your case. You can ask the courts to send copy of EA/03099/2019 et al through utiacdecisions@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk.

Actually judge Nevile is well known in the courts so the judge will revalue all the information and how he arrived at its decision.

Remember there has been a recent case which upheld and reintroduced Alvi vs SSHD. Which affirms that HO guidance are not law and can't override the law.

The HO guidance should be drafted to reflect the law but not to precludes someone from meeting the act of parliament laws.

Keep dreaming and it would reality. Good luck

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:25 pm

snooky wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:24 pm
LULUBABY wrote:
Happy Easter all.

UPDATE:

Hi

It means a lot and in favour of your case. Should the unreported been true then the judge would allow your case. You can ask the courts to send copy of EA/03099/2019 et al through utiacdecisions@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk.

Actually judge Nevile is well known in the courts so the judge will revalue all the information and how he arrived at its decision.

Remember there has been a recent case which upheld and reintroduced Alvi vs SSHD. Which affirms that HO guidance are not law and can't override the law.

The HO guidance should be drafted to reflect the law but not to precludes someone from meeting the act of parliament laws.

It is a 23 page document.

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:28 pm

Oh my God, I am trembling.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:29 pm

LULUBABY wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:25 pm
snooky wrote:
LULUBABY wrote:
Happy Easter all.

UPDATE:

Hi

Please only post official links to reported cases. Not all cases can be or are published or made public. You also do not have permission from the relevant people in the case to post their personal details on a public imigration forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:41 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:29 pm
LULUBABY wrote:
snooky wrote:
LULUBABY wrote:
Happy Easter all.

UPDATE:

Hi

Please only post official links to reported cases. Not all cases can be or are published or made public. You also do not have permission from the relevant people in the case to post their personal details on a public imigration forum.
Oh dear, I am so sorry, please. Thanks.
I don't even know where to get the link from. Oh my God, what have I done.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:51 pm

LULUBABY wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:41 pm
CR001 wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:29 pm
LULUBABY wrote:
snooky wrote:

Hi

Oh dear, I am so sorry, please. Thanks.
I don't even know where to get the link from. Oh my God, what have I done.
Don't stress, I have removed the images you posted.

Links are usually available on the tribunal court website if a case is reported.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:00 pm

snooky wrote:
LULUBABY wrote:
Happy Easter all.

UPDATE:

Hi

If the Judge's decision says, appeal is allowed and to the respondent fee award, please what does that mean. Here the respondent is HO.

Ngoo
Nigeria

Post by Ngoo » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:04 pm

LULUBABY wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:28 pm
@Lulubaby, God is good! We give God all the glory!. Our good God will perfect all that concerns you. THANK YOU JESUS!

Ngoo
Nigeria

Post by Ngoo » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:12 pm

LULUBABY wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:00 pm
snooky wrote:
LULUBABY wrote:
Happy Easter all.

UPDATE:

Hi

If the Judge's decision says, appeal is allowed and to the respondent fee award, please what does that mean. Here the respondent is HO.
In my own case my appeal was allowed, and the HO awarded the appeal fee to me. Hope it helps. Bless you

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:36 pm

Ngoo wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:04 pm
LULUBABY wrote:
@Lulubaby, God is good! We give God all the glory!. Our good God will perfect all that concerns you. THANK YOU JESUS!
Ngoo please pray harder.

It just feels like I am in okro soup, the more I try to come out, the more I slip further down.

I now have to also work on my body language.
What kind of life is this?.

When I talk, it is "you are being sarcastic, mummy". When I decide to keep quiet I begin to hear things like "You are raising your eyebrow mummy, you are rolling your eyes, you are smirking, you are pouting your lips, you are staring at me".

I hope I don't get thrown out of court.

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:47 pm

snooky wrote:
LULUBABY wrote:
Happy Easter all.

UPDATE:

Hi

Thanks for your help and encouragement. Please what year is the Alvi vs SSHD upheld case so I can read it up?.

Oh my God, why I am feeling so cold despite the heating being on?. Please God, help me.

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:01 pm

Ngoo wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:04 pm
LULUBABY wrote:
Ngoo, thank you so much for your encouragement. I really appreciate.