ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

A brief Youtube video on resumes/CVs

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

secret.simon

A brief Youtube video on resumes/CVs

Post by secret.simon » Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:57 am

A Youtube video by an American expat living in the UK/American immigrant in the UK (take your pick on phraseology) on the differences between British and American ways of writing resumes/curriculum vitae.

Resumes & CVs! British VS American

While it looks at only British and American styles of writing resumes/curriculum vitae, I thought it would be useful to people moving to the UK to give them an overview of how resumes/CVs are structured in the UK.

As an aside, I would also point out that many common features of CVs/resumes in other cultures, such as age/date of birth, gender, marital status, etc, are not stated on their equivalent in the UK.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

nichjeremiah19
Newly Registered
Australia

Re: A brief Youtube video on resumes/CVs

Post by nichjeremiah19 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:44 am

Very informative video it is. The points and ideas in the video is so realistic and really happen in real life. I think i need to update my CV today i guess.