ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant visa extension

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Iham85
Newly Registered
Iraq

Dependant visa extension

Post by Iham85 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:57 pm

Dear all,

I would be grateful for your advice please.
I came to UK on Tier2 PBS visa in 2015, my wife has joined me in 2019 on a dependant visa. Now I have obtained ILR status in the UK.

My wife visa expires in July 2021, can she still apply for an extension as a Tier 2 dependant visa online?

When I checked the online form on gov.uk for tier 2 dependant extension/application, it sates that dependant can apply for extension if the partner is on the above types of visa (ILR is not included).

Not sure if this has been discussed before, but could not find it on the board.
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Dependant visa extension

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:01 pm

My wife visa expires in July 2021, can she still apply for an extension as a Tier 2 dependant visa online?
Yes, it will be a 3 year extension.
When I checked the online form on gov.uk for tier 2 dependant extension/application, it sates that dependant can apply for extension if the partner is on the above types of visa (ILR is not included).
You put your tier 2 general details.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Iham85
Newly Registered
Iraq

Re: Dependant visa extension

Post by Iham85 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:13 pm

Many thanks for the prompt and kind reply.
Regards