ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship application as a company director

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

wattm
Newly Registered
Ireland

Citizenship application as a company director

Post by wattm » Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:21 pm

I have a full-time job and I currently holding Stamp 4. I registered a private company in Ireland two years ago to work on my side-project/startup ideas. I'm applying for Irish Citizenship based on the 5 years rule and my full-time job is my main source of income but I also noticed that in the form it says whether I'm the Director of a company or not.

I'm not sure if I need to mention the fact that I'm a company director in addition to my main full-time job?

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Re: Citizenship application as a company director

Post by Vorona » Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:58 pm

Tick boxes "Employed" and "Other" in 9.1 and explain your second employment in 9.2

wattm
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by wattm » Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:40 am

Vorona wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:58 pm
Tick boxes "Employed" and "Other" in 9.1 and explain your second employment in 9.2
Thanks. One more question, I haven't received any salary from the second company (no payslips, payments, etc). Do I still need to mention it in the form?

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:54 am

It doesn't matter. You need to give details of your employment in your application.
Any additional details related to your employment (and/or anything else) that you wish to clarify must be explained on a separate sheet and attached to the form.

nojoyfrominis

Post by nojoyfrominis » Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:40 am

Make sure you fill your directorship details as this info will be available on cro regardless of any business income or not

wattm
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by wattm » Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:18 am

Got it. Thanks folks.

My understanding about the "Means of support" section is where you get money from (i.e how you pay your bills?). I asked my solicitor as well and they mentioned you don't need to include it if you haven't been paid through the company but I just wanted to know what you guys think about this section as well.