ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Financial Requirements Exemptions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

adeolu100
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Spouse Visa Financial Requirements Exemptions

Post by adeolu100 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:15 am

Hello everyone,
I'm a British Citizen married to a non EEA Citizen. I have a mental health illness called psychosis. I'm in receipt of universal credit, Limited capability to work and I was wondering if I could sponsor my wife's visa based on that. I was earning over 18600 for 2 years until July last year due to relapse I I suffered. My PIP was refused but now in appeals. How can I mitigate these precarious situation of mine and sponsor my wife's spouse visa as I need to build a family life with her and need her help to live a healthier life mentally. I call on the experts to advise accordingly.
Kind regards

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Re: Spouse Visa Financial Requirements Exemptions

Post by TODMATT » Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:14 pm

adeolu100 wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:15 am
Hello everyone,
I'm a British Citizen married to a non EEA Citizen. I have a mental health illness called psychosis. I'm in receipt of universal credit, Limited capability to work and I was wondering if I could sponsor my wife's visa based on that. I was earning over 18600 for 2 years until July last year due to relapse I I suffered. My PIP was refused but now in appeals. How can I mitigate these precarious situation of mine and sponsor my wife's spouse visa as I need to build a family life with her and need her help to live a healthier life mentally. I call on the experts to advise accordingly.
Kind regards
Are you in receipt of any of the following? page 15

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... .0-ext.pdf

"Where the applicant’s partner is in receipt of any of the following benefits or
allowances in the UK, the applicant will be able to meet the financial requirement at
that application stage by providing evidence of “adequate maintenance” rather than
meeting an income threshold:
• Carer’s Allowance
• Disability Living Allowance
• Severe Disablement Allowance
• Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit
• Attendance Allowance
• Personal Independence Payment
• Armed Forces Independence Payment or Guaranteed Income Payment under
the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme
• Constant Attendance Allowance, Mobility Supplement or War Disablement
Pension under the War Pensions Scheme
• Police Injury Pension"
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.