ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship application by naturalization for non EU/EEA national

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Athlon77
Newly Registered
Mood:
Israel

Citizenship application by naturalization for non EU/EEA national

Post by Athlon77 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:06 pm

Hello dear experts,
I am new to this forums, apologies if my questions here had been answered in the past, i've tried to search but unfortunately didn't find answers to my questions. I have some queries doubts about the timing of the application for citizenship by naturalization for non EU nationals.

1) Me and my partner first arrived to Ireland for immigration purposes at 23/3/2016 (stamps says that the reason for arrival is registration), However i've managed to get appointment to Garda GNIB office (we were based outside of Dublin) only at 04/05/2016 (Critical skills stamp 1) and for some reason it was till 15/04/2017. (My partner registered only in September since he headed after some weeks back to Israel to take care of our cat that was in process of moving abroad) Next stamp was from 02/04/2017 till 03/04/2018 and then stamp 4 from 26/4/2018 till 26/4/20 (the gap of few weeks due to lack of appointments) and then from 02/10/20 till 01/10/2022 the gap due to Covid pandemic which extended automatically the stamps for up to 5 month due to office closures in spring 2020. Having all this in mind my question when are we eligible to apply for citizenship:

a) On 23/3/2021 - exactly 5 years after we both entered the country for purpose of registration/
immigration or
b) on 04/05/2021 for me ( 5 years after my first stamp 1) and my partner on 16/9/2021 (after 5
years of his first stamp 3- again he permanently arrived with our cat in July, but was lacking the
appointment to register till mid September. )
c) any other option?

2) Different question but very important for section 5.6 in the application form - the ask is to detail all absences from state - in case you exceeded 42 days (6 weeks) for each of 4 previous years(year 5 is OK). My situation is with my role at my previous employer i had to travel multiple times for business reasons (sometimes as much as a week in calendar month). Also we had some family visits and vacations ( some visits were essential due to health reasons of family members and some were just normal visits). Anyway the point is that my passport is full of immigration stamps both from entering Ireland and both in EU (usually our flights were not direct- but with stopover in other EU state). My Question is:

a) My estimation is that with business trips and other as explained above i am well over 42 days per each of 5 years (or at least most of them) - i tried to make the detailed list- but the mission is very difficult and almost impossible - since Ireland has stamps only on entry but not exit, our own country (israel doesn't use stamps for citizens, some countries have only partial stamps in or out, some stamps went fading and not even readable and there are lots of them- so really hard to understand how many trips were there and especially for how many days overall.

b) I am not sure my previous employee will be in position to provide exact list of all business trips and the dates for the last 5 years...Maybe general statement/confirmation that i had to travel frequently for business (for example on average a week per month)

Having this in mind, my question is - what kind of information i should provide for section 5.6- and if i estimate for example that i was absent 50 days per year (which makes it 200 for 4 years- last year i wasn't more than 42 days due to Covid) and if that's the case will those days then be subtracted from my reckonable residence count - meaning no use for me to submit the request even in 04/05/2021 as suggested before since i need to wait additional 200+ days? Any best practice/ advice from experts here on my situation and the reasonable way forward?

Thank you so much for your best advise and apologies in advance for long text- that was needed i believe to give all the context!

Best Wishes and looking forward to hear your comments :)

Athlon77
Newly Registered
Mood:
Israel

Re: Citizenship application by naturalization for non EU/EEA national

Post by Athlon77 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:13 pm

#TLTR -->Realized to long text- so a brief for those who are interested:
1) What is the first counting date for reckonable residence: entry for registration purpose ( first entry to the country- or the actual registration stamp --> could be different due to long appointment queues)
2) For section 5.6 ---> absent in the state for more than 6 weeks for each year--> can't produce exact picture due to faded stamps/missing stamps and a mix of business and personal trips (business trip might not be possible to confirm with previous employee) - how to manage this in the best way?

Thanks &BR---now the full details is bellow. :)
Athlon77 wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:06 pm
Hello dear experts,
I am new to this forums, apologies if my questions here had been answered in the past, i've tried to search but unfortunately didn't find answers to my questions. I have some queries doubts about the timing of the application for citizenship by naturalization for non EU nationals.

1) Me and my partner first arrived to Ireland for immigration purposes at 23/3/2016 (stamps says that the reason for arrival is registration), However i've managed to get appointment to Garda GNIB office (we were based outside of Dublin) only at 04/05/2016 (Critical skills stamp 1) and for some reason it was till 15/04/2017. (My partner registered only in September since he headed after some weeks back to Israel to take care of our cat that was in process of moving abroad) Next stamp was from 02/04/2017 till 03/04/2018 and then stamp 4 from 26/4/2018 till 26/4/20 (the gap of few weeks due to lack of appointments) and then from 02/10/20 till 01/10/2022 the gap due to Covid pandemic which extended automatically the stamps for up to 5 month due to office closures in spring 2020. Having all this in mind my question when are we eligible to apply for citizenship:

a) On 23/3/2021 - exactly 5 years after we both entered the country for purpose of registration/
immigration or
b) on 04/05/2021 for me ( 5 years after my first stamp 1) and my partner on 16/9/2021 (after 5
years of his first stamp 3- again he permanently arrived with our cat in July, but was lacking the
c) any other option?

2) Different question but very important for section 5.6 in the application form - the ask is to detail all absences from state - in case you exceeded 42 days (6 weeks) for each of 4 previous years(year 5 is OK). My situation is with my role at my previous employer i had to travel multiple times for business reasons (sometimes as much as a week in calendar month). Also we had some family visits and vacations ( some visits were essential due to health reasons of family members and some were just normal visits). Anyway the point is that my passport is full of immigration stamps both from entering Ireland and both in EU (usually our flights were not direct- but with stopover in other EU state). My Question is:

a) My estimation is that with business trips and other as explained above i am well over 42 days per each of 5 years (or at least most of them) - i tried to make the detailed list- but the mission is very difficult and almost impossible - since Ireland has stamps only on entry but not exit, our own country (israel doesn't use stamps for citizens, some countries have only partial stamps in or out, some stamps went fading and not even readable and there are lots of them- so really hard to understand how many trips were there and especially for how many days overall.

b) I am not sure my previous employee will be in position to provide exact list of all business trips and the dates for the last 5 years...Maybe general statement/confirmation that i had to travel frequently for business (for example on average a week per month)

Having this in mind, my question is - what kind of information i should provide for section 5.6- and if i estimate for example that i was absent 50 days per year (which makes it 200 for 4 years- last year i wasn't more than 42 days due to Covid) and if that's the case will those days then be subtracted from my reckonable residence count - meaning no use for me to submit the request even in 04/05/2021 as suggested before since i need to wait additional 200+ days? Any best practice/ advice from experts here on my situation and the reasonable way forward?

Thank you so much for your best advise and apologies in advance for long text- that was needed i believe to give all the context!

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:07 pm

Absences totaling 42 or more days per year will most likely be deducted from your reckonable residence. When applying, give details of your absences on a separate sheet, excluding the days of departure and arrival. Contact your former employer or airline and ask for a copy of your travel tickets and hotel reservations.

Bear in mind that it is up to you to prove that your extensive absences from the state were for legitimate reasons. If you fail to do so, you application can be deemed ineligible (fail the initial stage) and you will have to start again.

avta
Ireland

Post by avta » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:39 pm

Hi,

There was one guy here with a similar query on how to retrieve the travel info.
His previous passport was picked up by the authority when exchange and he didn't save the travel history from it.
He requests the FOI from INIS for any entrances/exits information that they have regarding His travel.
This can't be full travel information as for some years back they store only travels to the non-EU countries.
It also can be that not all airlines/ferries provide the exit information to be stored, but at least this can be some start reference for such personal research.

BR.

ciaomao
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by ciaomao » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:28 pm

Hi,

You should count from the GNIP card dates.
you have to deduct ALL the periods you were out in a single year if they exceed 42 days.
Athlon77 wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:13 pm
#TLTR -->Realized to long text- so a brief for those who are interested:
1) What is the first counting date for reckonable residence: entry for registration purpose ( first entry to the country- or the actual registration stamp --> could be different due to long appointment queues)
2) For section 5.6 ---> absent in the state for more than 6 weeks for each year--> can't produce exact picture due to faded stamps/missing stamps and a mix of business and personal trips (business trip might not be possible to confirm with previous employee) - how to manage this in the best way?

Thanks &BR---now the full details is bellow. :)
Athlon77 wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:06 pm
Hello dear experts,

immigration or
c) any other option?