ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR M visa queries

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rkbalu31

Family Visa question/clarification

Post by rkbalu31 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:06 pm

Hello Team,
I've recently got an ILR (LR) approval and now in position to apply a Family Visa for my Dependents. Currently they are in PBS Dependents and their visa expire on 21st April 2021.

I have below questions:
1) I have been told to apply for Family visa (FLR(M)). Is this the correct visa type I should apply?
2) Should I need to book an appointment before 21st April 2021? If I only manage to get an appointment after 21st , would that impact their visa, because I'm worried if at all I did not get any appointment before 21st?
3) Given I must apply FLR(M) for my dependent, then the below questions are really confusing on my daughter application.

1) Birth Certificate of Parents?
Are they expecting to give parents birth certificate? Because We don't have that one. What should we do in this case? or are they expecting to give my daughter's birther certificate?

2) Would you like to provide any other information to show that you have genuine and active parental relationship with my daughter?
Should we need to say Yes and give a detail? If so, what level of information is required? Any direction would help me a lot.

Need a help on my spouse application for the below.

1)Could you and your partner live together outside the UK if necessary?

2) Please explain why you and your partner cannot live together outside the UK?

I'm not sure what level of information is needed here. Does application has impact depends on the answer?

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

thanks in advance!

rkbalu31

FLR M visa queries

Post by rkbalu31 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:49 am

Hi,

I'm applying family (FLR(M)) visa for my spouse and daughter. Both are already in UK.

Please someone confirm if the Birth certificate for both the parents are mandatory for this type of visa? Because when filling my daughter application one of the section ask to tick it if I can provide or not.

I can't proceed further without marking as yes. However, the document section post filling all the both document did not mention the birth certification of parents. It mentioned only for my daughter birth certificate and parents marriage certificate.

Could someone please confirm if the parents birth certificate is mandatory to submit. the reason for this is that we both don't have now and visa is running out.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Re: Family Visa question/clarification

Post by TODMATT » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:15 am

rkbalu31 wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:06 pm
Hello Team,
I've recently got an ILR (LR) approval and now in position to apply a Family Visa for my Dependents. Currently they are in PBS Dependents and their visa expire on 21st April 2021.

I have below questions:
1) I have been told to apply for Family visa (FLR(M)). Is this the correct visa type I should apply? correct
2) Should I need to book an appointment before 21st April 2021? If I only manage to get an appointment after 21st , would that impact their visa, because I'm worried if at all I did not get any appointment before 21st? No impact as long as you have submit your application before you leave is due to expire, you are protected under section 3C even if bio was 2 months later.
3) Given I must apply FLR(M) for my dependent, then the below questions are really confusing on my daughter application.

Are they expecting to give parents birth certificate? Because We don't have that one. What should we do in this case? or are they expecting to give my daughter's birther certificate? It is not a requirement unless the checklist ask for it.

2) Would you like to provide any other information to show that you have genuine and active parental relationship with my daughter? Do you have a exact phrase of the question?
Should we need to say Yes and give a detail? If so, what level of information is required? Any direction would help me a lot.

1)Could you and your partner live together outside the UK if necessary? Just answer the question based on your circumstances, some can live abroad whilst some can't due to other reasons maybe due to partners health problem, language barrier etc

2) Please explain why you and your partner cannot live together outside the UK? same as above

I'm not sure what level of information is needed here. Does application has impact depends on the answer?

thanks in advance!
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

rkbalu31

Re: Family Visa question/clarification

Post by rkbalu31 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:40 am

TODMATT wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:15 am
rkbalu31 wrote:
Hello Team,

I have below questions:
1) I have been told to apply for Family visa (FLR(M)). Is this the correct visa type I should apply? correct
thanks
2) Should I need to book an appointment before 21st April 2021? If I only manage to get an appointment after 21st , would that impact their visa, because I'm worried if at all I did not get any appointment before 21st? No impact as long as you have submit your application before you leave is due to expire, you are protected under section 3C even if bio was 2 months later.

Are they expecting to give parents birth certificate? Because We don't have that one. What should we do in this case? or are they expecting to give my daughter's birther certificate? It is not a requirement unless the checklist ask for it.
One of the section while filling my daughter application expects to tick that I'll submit parents birth certificate. Without that It's not allowing to move forward. Whereas there is a checklist post fill the document does not ask for parents birth certificate. Hence the confusion.

2) Would you like to provide any other information to show that you have genuine and active parental relationship with my daughter? Do you have a exact phrase of the question?
This is the exact question on the form

1)Could you and your partner live together outside the UK if necessary? Just answer the question based on your circumstances, some can live abroad whilst some can't due to other reasons maybe due to partners health problem, language barrier etc

2) Please explain why you and your partner cannot live together outside the UK? same as above

thanks in advance!

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Re: FLR M visa queries

Post by TODMATT » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:48 am

rkbalu31 wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:40 am
TODMATT wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:15 am
rkbalu31 wrote:
Hello Team,

I have below questions:
thanks

One of the section while filling my daughter application expects to tick that I'll submit parents birth certificate. Without that It's not allowing to move forward. Whereas there is a checklist post fill the document does not ask for parents birth certificate. Hence the confusion.

This is the exact question on the form

thanks in advance!
Personally there's no right or wrong here because if all requirements are MET then nothing concerning! If you want to say yes, you have to provide evidence to back it up and if you are unable to provide your birth certificate, write a cover letter explaining this.

rkbalu31

Post by rkbalu31 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:34 am

Thanks for your response. Can you share the covering letter template to follow if possible please?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:37 am

There is no "template letter".
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rkbalu31

Post by rkbalu31 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:41 pm

Hi,
Sorry to ask sort of the same question.

Does just giving a covering letter instead of birth certificate impact the decision of my dependent application? Other than passport, I can show my school and university document that has date of birth.

Your thought?

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:31 pm

rkbalu31 wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:41 pm
Hi,
Sorry to ask sort of the same question.

Does just giving a covering letter instead of birth certificate impact the decision of my dependent application? Other than passport, I can show my school and university document that has date of birth.

Your thought?
I do not believe this would be the case.

rkbalu31

Post by rkbalu31 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:34 pm

Thanks TodMatt for your input and time. Really appreciated!

rkbalu31

Post by rkbalu31 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:08 pm

Sorry, some more questions from my daughter's application:

1) Has the child ever lived in another country?
My daughter mostly on this country, except few long trips to my home country. Given that as a case, I'm thinking to give no. Please advise.

2) Has the additional applicant ever visited another country?
Who is the addition applicant here? I'm applying for my wife and daughter. And, this question is on my daughter's application. Are they referring my Wife? If so, should I need to give all my wife's travel details again on my daughter's application as well?

Please advice. Thanks!

rkbalu31

Post by rkbalu31 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:06 am

Any help on my above queries please?

Thanks!

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:43 pm

rkbalu31 wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:08 pm
Sorry, some more questions from my daughter's application:

1) Has the child ever lived in another country?
My daughter mostly on this country, except few long trips to my home country. Given that as a case, I'm thinking to give no. Please advise.

2) Has the additional applicant ever visited another country?
Who is the addition applicant here? I'm applying for my wife and daughter. And, this question is on my daughter's application. Are they referring my Wife? If so, should I need to give all my wife's travel details again on my daughter's application as well?

Please advice. Thanks!
1. No. I am saying your daugher is a British citizen?
2. It's only one applicant so if you are adding another applicant such as a dependent then the question might be relating to them.