ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp 5 query

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

irishman003
Ireland

Stamp 5 query

Post by irishman003 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:50 am

Dear all,

I hope you all keeping well.

I have a query regarding when can I apply for Stamp 5 I wonder can someone help.

I am currently Stamp 4 EU FAM holder (not PR), and soon will reach 8 years and plan to apply for Stamp 5.

I read their FAQs online:
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/FAQ%20Wi ... 20time.pdf

But still a bit confusing, as in the FAQ, Stamp 4 EU FAM is addressed to Stamp EU FAM, then another line says "If you are on a Stamp 4 or Stamp 5 you can only apply in the last 6 months of your current permission"

So my question is can Stamp 4 EU FAM holder apply for Stamp 5 as soon as I reach 8 years or I still have to wait in the last 6 month of my current permission?

Thank you in advance all!

KR

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Stamp 5 query

Post by littlerr » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:36 am

WCATT is not something that many people have applied before, so the best option is to email them to confirm this.

I would strongly advise against getting a WCATT if you are on 4EUFAM and that you have already been approved for EU3 (permanent residency).

Some notable differences between EU3 and WCATT:
- EU3 is free for life. WCATT requires a registration fee of 300 euro every time you change your passport.
- EU3 can be renewed online when expired. WCATT requires a new application every time your passport expires, which takes 6 months to process.
- Your EU3 permission can be renewed even if you have a minor conviction of offence. WCATT cannot be renewed as long as you have any kind of conviction.
- You are allowed to live outside of the state for no more than 6 months per year on EU3, but only 4 months on WCATT.
- EU3 allows you to travel to other EU countries without a visa, and gives you easier access should you decide to move to a different EU country permanently. WCATT does not.

irishman003
Ireland

Post by irishman003 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:54 am

littlerr wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:36 am
WCATT is not something that many people have applied before, so the best option is to email them to confirm this.

I would strongly advise against getting a WCATT if you are on 4EUFAM and that you have already been approved for EU3 (permanent residency).

- EU3 is free for life. WCATT requires a registration fee of 300 euro every time you change your passport.
- EU3 can be renewed online when expired. WCATT requires a new application every time your passport expires, which takes 6 months to process.
- Your EU3 permission can be renewed even if you have a minor conviction of offence. WCATT cannot be renewed as long as you have any kind of conviction.
- You are allowed to live outside of the state for no more than 6 months per year on EU3, but only 4 months on WCATT.
- EU3 allows you to travel to other EU countries without a visa, and gives you easier access should you decide to move to a different EU country permanently. WCATT does not.

Thank you so much Littlerr to answer my query, I see you are always been helpful and professional to everyone!

I didn't apply for EU 3 but reapplied for EU 1 and approved, this was due to lack of some key document from the EU spouse for EU 3 application.

I can see EU3 has no doubt more benefits to me, the reason I ask, is if Stamp 5 accept EU FAM to apply as soon as I reach 96 months, then this will save me couple years because EU 3 only accept the application in the last 6 month of my current permission.

Ye, I will send an email to INIS.

irishman003
Ireland

Post by irishman003 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:01 am

I guess Stamp 5 and 6 section is idle these days lol

They replied my email in 10 mins

So for anyone who has the same query, below is the answer:

Please be advised that this Office is currently accepting applications
prior to the final 6 months.

Once you meet all the qualifying criteria, and have completed the required
96 months legal residency, it is open to you to submit a completed Stamp 5
application form and supporting documents.

Kind regards,

Without Conditions as to Time Unit
Residence Division
Irish Naturalisation & Immigration Service
13 - 14 Burgh Quay
Dublin 2

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:07 pm

So it sounds like you would have to wait till the 6 months before the expiry anyway. I would definitely consider EU3 over WCATT.

Btw, my understanding is that if you have been living in Ireland with the same EU spouse for 5 years, you should be able to apply for EU3. You shouldn't have to wait till the last 6 months of your EU1 before you can apply for EU3. I might be wrong though.

You said there was a key document missing. Did you eventually find that document and submit it to INIS? Or did INIS simply say that they wouldn't be able to verify your first X years of residence because of this document? That would be a very cruel thing to do. (Of course, the good thing is that you still have a valid permission and presumably your previous permission was never revoked due to the missing document.)

Stamp 5 is really an obsolete permission that should be completely revamped. It should just work like a PR. But I guess it's never a priority for INIS, as most people will choose citizenship or EU3 over it anyway.

irishman003
Ireland

Post by irishman003 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:32 pm

littlerr wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:07 pm
So it sounds like you would have to wait till the 6 months before the expiry anyway. I would definitely consider EU3 over WCATT.

Btw, my understanding is that if you have been living in Ireland with the same EU spouse for 5 years, you should be able to apply for EU3. You shouldn't have to wait till the last 6 months of your EU1 before you can apply for EU3. I might be wrong though.

You said there was a key document missing. Did you eventually find that document and submit it to INIS? Or did INIS simply say that they wouldn't be able to verify your first X years of residence because of this document? That would be a very cruel thing to do. (Of course, the good thing is that you still have a valid permission and presumably your previous permission was never revoked due to the missing document.)

Stamp 5 is really an obsolete permission that should be completely revamped. It should just work like a PR. But I guess it's never a priority for INIS, as most people will choose citizenship or EU3 over it anyway.

Thank you littlerr again, just want to double check with you, from the email I got, my understanding is I can apply stamp 5 as soon as I reach 96 months, so they don't require you to wait until 6 mths before current stamp expiry.

I don't have that document unfortunately, and I read the forum before I was deciding to go EU 3 or EU 1, many people suggested the chance for me to get EU 3 without that missing piece was slim so I went straight to reapply EU 1, and got approved with no issue at all.

Ye, for me the reason to go with Stamp 5 simply because it saves me couple years to be independent on my own visa status instead relying on my EU partner, as our relationship status is not stable and we may go separate.

So thank you so much littlerr.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:35 pm

Sorry yeah I misread the reply. Yes it sounds like you can apply for it when you have 8 years.

Ok it makes sense. Every family has its own problem. If you believe Stamp 5 is the quicker way for you, then go for it.

zigandzag
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by zigandzag » Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:12 pm

Stamp 5 is taking the full 6 months from what I can gather from friends.

And yeah, they'll have to make it properly permanent and not dependent on good character checks every 10 yrs.

usmanch313

Post by usmanch313 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:26 pm

If an application is received from a person holding a stamp 4 or stamp 5, who
have more than 6 months permission remaining in their current permission,
your application will not be accepted and will be returned.
Currently applications are taking up to 6 months to process. Applicants are
required to keep their permission to remain up to date while their application
is being processed. Failure to do will result in a refusal decision being issued.

irishman003
Ireland

Post by irishman003 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:50 pm

usmanch313 wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:26 pm
If an application is received from a person holding a stamp 4 or stamp 5, who
have more than 6 months permission remaining in their current permission,
your application will not be accepted and will be returned.
Currently applications are taking up to 6 months to process. Applicants are
required to keep their permission to remain up to date while their application
is being processed. Failure to do will result in a refusal decision being issued.
Check the above the reply from INIS, they changed.

usmanch313

Post by usmanch313 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:18 am

Irishman003@ Did you apply Stamp 5 ?

irishman003
Ireland

Post by irishman003 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:33 am

usmanch313 wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:18 am
Irishman003@ Did you apply Stamp 5 ?
If 8 years comes earlier than my citizenship approval, I will then apply.

SeanDub
Mood:
Ireland

Post by SeanDub » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:54 pm

@littlerr
I was caught drink driving in 2007, my question is will that effect my stamp 5 application?
that's 14 years old and no other convictions before or after, not even the single penalty point on my drivers license. never been an undue burden on the state, always paying taxes.

SeanDub
Mood:
Ireland

Post by SeanDub » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:57 pm

littlerr wrote:

I was caught drink driving in 2007, my question is will that effect my stamp 5 application?
that's 14 years old and no other convictions before or after, not even the single penalty point on my drivers license. never been an undue burden on the state, always paying taxes.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:24 pm

I don't think anyone other than the team responsible for Stamp 5 will be able to answer your question.

BobDuru
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by BobDuru » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:36 pm

littlerr wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:24 pm
I don't think anyone other than the team responsible for Stamp 5 will be able to answer your question.
Hello Littler
I'm sorry to bother you. Please can you update me with the required documents for stamp 4 zambrano renewal as regards the newly introduced renewal website.
I look forward to hearing from you
Thx

zigandzag
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by zigandzag » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:55 am

littlerr wrote:

How long can one stay out of Ireland on a regular Irish spouse stamp 4? (5 yr) If longer than the 4 months you mention for the Stamp 5, that's insane. Stamp 5 is taking well over 6 months now btw. Friend is at 8 mths but may well not take it up if the 4 mths rule is hard and fast.

(Also, excuse the hijack....but does anyone know of any link to the application form required for initial stamp 4 for non-visa required non-eu nationals at gnib/inis on day one? I presume there is one, and people don't just submit documents without a form?)

Cheers

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:04 pm

zigandzag wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:55 am
How long can one stay out of Ireland on a regular Irish spouse stamp 4? (5 yr) If longer than the 4 months you mention for the Stamp 5, that's insane. Stamp 5 is taking well over 6 months now btw. Friend is at 8 mths but may well not take it up if the 4 mths rule is hard and fast.

(Also, excuse the hijack....but does anyone know of any link to the application form required for initial stamp 4 for non-visa required non-eu nationals at gnib/inis on day one? I presume there is one, and people don't just submit documents without a form?)

Cheers
All normal immigration permissions (Stamp 1-4), with the exception of Stamp 4 IIP and Stamp 4EUFAM, require the person to reside in the state for at least 9 months every year.

Regarding your other question, in future please open a new thread. It depends on how you obtained Stamp 4. If it's via an Irish spouse, no form is required. Just make an appointment and visit the GNIB or local Garda office depending on where you live.