ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER 2 VISA EXTENSION DELAY

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

puneet84
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

TIER 2 VISA EXTENSION DELAY

Post by puneet84 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:35 pm

Hello Every one,

I have some query and need suggestion.I am working here in uk on tyre 2 shortage occupation visa and my visa expired on 19th april 2020.My company has applied for 3 year visa extension before expiry through solicitor.I applied for visa as a group with my wife and 2 kids.We got appointment on 21st September 2020 for BRP and document submission.
It’s been more than 6month and no idea what’s going on with about my application.I called home office several times but no response from there.My solicitor is saying they tried to contact home office but no responce and advised me to contact my local area MP.
I contacted my local area MP and got reply that delay is because of this pandemic and stopped replying.
Did anybody faced same situation like me and I would be very interested in hearing from you with regards to your views on this matter.

Thnks
Puneet

hemu1980
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: TIER 2 VISA EXTENSION DELAY

Post by hemu1980 » Sun May 09, 2021 12:43 am

Our's is much worst case. Applied in June'2020 and Biometrics in Aug'2020. Till now no trace of the decision and escalated some 7 times but no use

Mabincredible

Post by Mabincredible » Sun May 09, 2021 12:49 pm

This is very disheartening to hear. I was hoping that the HO would have recovered a bit in face of the pandemic. I applied for mine via the super priority route and yet it’s been several days since I attended my biometrics appointment. As I’m changing my employer so it complicates the decision of turning in my notice. The level of anxiety associated with this uncertainty has been quite crippling for me, I can’t imagine how stressful it must have been for you.

lily123
Newly Registered

Post by lily123 » Thu May 13, 2021 11:32 am

Mabincredible wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 12:49 pm
This is very disheartening to hear. I was hoping that the HO would have recovered a bit in face of the pandemic. I applied for mine via the super priority route and yet it’s been several days since I attended my biometrics appointment. As I’m changing my employer so it complicates the decision of turning in my notice. The level of anxiety associated with this uncertainty has been quite crippling for me, I can’t imagine how stressful it must have been for you.

Hi @Mabincredible, have you received any news from HO? I am on the same timeline as you and applied through super priority service. Thanks

Mabincredible

Post by Mabincredible » Thu May 13, 2021 1:02 pm

lily123 wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 11:32 am
Mabincredible wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 12:49 pm

Hi @Mabincredible, have you received any news from HO? I am on the same timeline as you and applied through super priority service. Thanks

Hello, sadly there is no update by the time of writing. The escalation from last week does not seem to have made any positive impact.