ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for a passport under Covid restrictions

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

a.s.b.o
- thin ice -

Applying for a passport under Covid restrictions

Post by a.s.b.o » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:32 am

Hi everyone

My passport expires in October and I am mindful of renewing my passport well in advance. Have any of the forum members applied for renewal? Has there be any movement on the online-submitted applications?

Many thanks

Taki
Ireland

Re: Applying for a passport under Covid restrictions

Post by Taki » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:03 pm

I got my naturalisation cert. today and want apply my 1st time passport on line but as per DFA the passport services paused during level 5 lockdown.
Anyone has any idea when they’ll bring down restrictions to level 4?

a.s.b.o
- thin ice -

Post by a.s.b.o » Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:23 pm

Taki wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:03 pm
I got my naturalisation cert. today and want apply my 1st time passport on line but as per DFA the passport services paused during level 5 lockdown.
Anyone has any idea when they’ll bring down restrictions to level 4?
something tells me you cannot apply online and would face a bigger hurdle with the need to submit original papers.

twista
Ireland

Post by twista » Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:41 pm

Hi, in relation to first time passport online applications, applicants must send supporting documentation including original birth certificate and naturalisation cert. Can certified copies be sent? (Certified by solicitor).

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:47 pm

You can send in certified copy of passport. Not sure about birth certificate though. Why can you not send the original birth certificate?

luj608
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by luj608 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:17 pm

Hi,
I have the same question. I have applied and they are holding back my application because the birth certificate I have sent is a Certified Copy issued by the Authorities back in my country.

I tried to reach out to the passport office but they keep telling is a photocopy and it's not.

Has anyone had a similar issue? What are my options?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:51 pm

luj608 wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:17 pm
Hi,
I have the same question. I have applied and they are holding back my application because the birth certificate I have sent is a Certified Copy issued by the Authorities back in my country.

I tried to reach out to the passport office but they keep telling is a photocopy and it's not.

Has anyone had a similar issue? What are my options?
What's your nationality? Have you talked to your own country's authorities? Have you checked with people from your own country? I haven't heard of this issue from anyone else.
It's a simple black-and-white issue. Certified copies are not accepted for passport applications. If there is absolutely no way for you to obtain an original copy, you need written proofs of that from your own country's authorities along with a signed affidavit.