ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EUSS: Application to the EU Settlement Scheme as a family member of an EEA - Form Application HELP!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

pclaper
Newly Registered
Brazil

EU Settlement Application: EEA-Route?

Post by pclaper » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:43 pm

Hello everyone,
I'm having some issues with my application for the EU Settlement Status and wanted to check if anyone can help me.

What I've done so far:

Applied online via EEA route > received a text message saying I need to submit a paper application form. Once I requested this form, I received an email requesting the following details.

"Paper applications are only available in specific case types and depending on an applicant’s individual circumstances.
For us to assess your eligibility, please resubmit an online enquiry form with the following information:
Full Name (as shown on identity document)
Postal address
Date of birth
Nationality
Email address and contact number
Details of your representative (name, email, phone number if applicable)
Details of your current circumstances and immigration history
Reference number of biometric residence card you hold/have previously held"

After sending all the above information for the 1st time, I received an email mentioning that I don't need a paper application which was very confusing to me: "We understand from your email you are querying how you can apply to the EU Settlement Scheme, as the family member of an EEA national.If your EU sponsor is your spouse, you can apply online and not through the paper application route."

After this email I applied again online via EEA route for the 2nd time and I received the exact same text message as above saying I need a paper application form, and now I also received the same email as above requesting the same information, which I didn't send yet.
I have a feeling that when I send it will have the same outcome: they will reply saying I only need an online application so I feel I'm going in circles here... and it's been quite stressful.

So before sending them the information again, I wanted your help if possible?!

My details:
Nationality: Brazilian
Current Circumstances: I'm married to an EEA who is also a British Citizen since 29th Nov 2018.
My latest Biometric Card was issued when he was only EEA so before he became a British citizen.

My immigration history:
Arrived: Jan 2010 on a Tier 4 visa
May 2011 - valid until May 2013: Post study 
April 2013 - valid until May 2016: Tier 2 general 
Jan 2014 - valid until Jan 2017: Tier 2 general 
Mar 2017 - valid until Mar 2022: Family Member EU

I want to know how to apply for the EU Settlement Scheme and which route to take as I must be doing something wrong. :(

Thank you so much for all your help!
Best.
P.

kamoe

Re: EU Settlement Application: EEA-Route?

Post by kamoe » Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:35 am

pclaper wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:43 pm
Applied online via EEA route
As far as I know, if your sponsor is also a British national you cannot apply online, and you need to call the EU resolution centre and ask for a paper form. See here: https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-ci ... led-status
Who cannot use this service
You cannot use the online service to apply to the scheme if you’re applying as:
  • the family member of a British citizen you lived with in Switzerland or an EU or EEA country
  • the family member of a British citizen who also has EU, EEA or Swiss citizenship and who lived in the UK as an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen before getting British citizenship
  • the primary carer of a British, EU, EEA or Swiss citizen
  • the child of an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen who used to live and work in the UK, and you’re in education - or you’re the child’s primary carer
Contact the EU Settlement Resolution Centre online to find out how to apply.
Did you mention your spouse is dual EU/UK national when you submitted your information? Anyone knowing your sponsor is a dual EU/UK citizen would have told you that you need a Lounes paper application.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

pclaper
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by pclaper » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:15 am

Hi Kamoe,
Thank you so much!
You are absolutely right. I didn't mention to them that my husband is dual EU/UK national. I'll reply to them and mention that.

I've tried calling them a few times and never managed to get anyone as it looks like they are always busy on the phone.

I guess I just need to mention that and they will send me the form by post correct?

Thank you once again for your help!
Best,
P.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:17 am

pclaper wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:15 am
I guess I just need to mention that and they will send me the form by post correct?
That's what I understand, yes.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:27 am

Just to clarify the question in the title, an EU Settlement Scheme application is not an EEA Route application.

EEA Route applications (from the viewpoint of the Home Office) were made under the EEA Regulations and ceased to be available from 31st December 2020.

People who meet similar requirements can make applications under the EU Settlement Scheme, issued under Appendix EU of the UK Immigration Rules. But some of those applications, such as the Surinder Singh route or a Lounes application, need to be made on paper applications issued by the Home Office.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

pclaper
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by pclaper » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:11 pm

Hello!

secret.simon,
You're absolutely right and I'm really sorry about my title. I got it mixed up. Thank you so much for clarifying. It was every helpful.

kamoe
I just wanted to thank you as today I received an email from the Home Office confirming they are sending the printed form by post as shown below:

Thank you for your email enquiry dated 1st April regarding applying to the EU Settlement Scheme via a paper application.

Your details have been noted and your paper form will be dispatched in due course.

Please return the completed form to the address provided.

Please note that the issue of the form does not, in itself, confirm your eligibility to apply to the Scheme via this route, nor does it guarantee that your application will be successful.

Your eligibility will be considered by a caseworker, taking all of the supporting evidence provided into consideration, and a decision will be made in accordance with the EU Settlement Scheme qualifying criteria.

Fingers crossed and I'll be ok filling the form. If I do have any questions can I just come back here to this thread and ask for help?

Cheers!
P.

hbsg196678
Newly Registered
Uruguay

Post by hbsg196678 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:37 am

secret.simon wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:27 am
Just to clarify the question in the title, an EU Settlement Scheme application is not an EEA Route application.

EEA Route applications (from the viewpoint of the Home Office) were made under the EEA Regulations and ceased to be available from 31st December 2020.

People who meet similar requirements can make applications under the EU Settlement Scheme, issued under Appendix EU of the UK Immigration Rules. But some of those applications, such as the Surinder Singh route or a Lunes application, need to be made on paper applications issued by the Home Office.
Hi,

Can you give me more details of EU Settlement Scheme. Regards

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:32 am

hbsg196678 wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:37 am
secret.simon wrote:

People who meet similar requirements can make applications under the EU Settlement Scheme, issued under Appendix EU of the UK Immigration Rules. But some of those applications, such as the Surinder Singh route or a Lunes application, need to be made on paper applications issued by the Home Office.
Hi,

Are you a family member of an EU citizen who is in the UK with Settled Status?
Refer to the Settled Status website: https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-ci ... led-status
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

pclaper
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by pclaper » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:15 pm

Hello there,

My form arrived and I'm trying to complete it asap.
However I'm stuck on page 13, section 3 (not sure if this info helps or not) it's saying:

Section 3 - Application type

3.1 Mark the box of the status for which you believe you are eligible
__Pre-settled status
__Settled status

3.2 Which of these describes you
__I have completed a continuous qualifying period of 5 years as a family member of a relevant EEA or Swiss citizen
__I have completed a continuous qualifying period as a family member of a relevant EEA or Swiss citizen, of less than 5 years and am eligible for a pre-settled status
__I have completed a continuous qualifying period of less than 5 years but am eligible for a settled status
For example:
There are a list of examples but the one Im trying to understand is:
.you are a family member of a relevant EEA or Swiss citizen who has ceased activity in one of the permitted ways and the have been or are being granted settled status or would be if they were to apply

Can someone please explain to me what does the above mean?

In my case, my biometric card was issued 23.03.2017 so I believe my option would be this one:
__I have completed a continuous qualifying period as a family member of a relevant EEA or Swiss citizen, of less than 5 years and am eligible for a pre-settled status

However Im a little confused with the last option and the example they gave...

Thank you for your help again. I really appreciate it.

P.

pclaper
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by pclaper » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:52 pm

I have a few more questions (as expected! these forms are never on our side right?!)
Here are my questions, hoping someone could help.

Page 17
Section 3.22
Is the "Home Office reference number of their citizenship application" (as they called) the same as "Unique Application number"? Or is this the "Case ID number"? How does this number look like?

Page 18
Section 3.27
Is the "Home Office reference number for the permanent residence document" (as they called) the same as "permanent residence card number"? How does this number look like?

Page 17
Section 3.24

At the time of acquiring British citizenship what were they doing in the UK? Tick all relevant boxes
__Job Seeking
__Working
__Self-employed
__Self-sufficient
__Student
__They had a right of permanent residence
__None of the above

In this case, my husband left his job on 11/10/2018 and he got his British Citizenship on 29/11/2018 so I should only mark "Self-sufficient" and "They had a right of permanent residence". Is this correct?

After this one there is:
Section 3.25
Date they started working, self-employment, being self-sufficient or studying in the UK
___/___/___

This date, is it still related to "At the time of acquiring British citizenship...." ? If yes, my answer should be the day after my husband quit his job and became self-sufficient? I'm confused about this one sorry!

Thank you once again!

All the best,
Patricia

pclaper
Newly Registered
Brazil

Re: EU Settlement Application

Post by pclaper » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:44 pm

Here I am again with more questions... so sorry! I thought it would be much easier! :|

This is now Page 25, Section 4 - Evidence to provide:

This Section includes a list of examples of the evidence os residence they will accept.

I'm guessing this is my case:
"For applications from family members of relevant naturalised British citizen".
Am I correct?

. Evidence that the British citizen family member was a worker, self-employed person, self-sufficient person, or student in the UK, or had a right of permanent residence in the UK, at the time of the acquisition of British citizenship.

. Evidence that the British citizen family member retained their nationality of origin after acquiring British citizenship, for example their valid passport or national identity card for that nationality .

. Evidence that the British citizen family member continues to be a worker, self-employed person self-sufficient person or student, or qualifies for a right of permanent residence in the UK.

From what I understood I need to send all the above and I'm wondering if the following evidences are sufficient / accepted by them:

. We'll send the UK permanent residence card
. We'll send my husband's valid passport from his other nationality
. This one.... could we send an annual bank statement showing sufficient funds? Or should we send something else? We are not sure what to send as evidence for this one. He is now self-employed but doesn't have Tax returns yet.

Thank you!
P.

pclaper
Newly Registered
Brazil

EUSS: Application to the EU Settlement Scheme as a family member of an EEA - Form Application HELP!

Post by pclaper » Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:51 pm

Hello people,
I have a few questions regarding the form and was wondering if you could help me.

My form arrived and I'm trying to complete it asap.
However I'm stuck on some questions such as page 13, section 3 (not sure if this info helps or not) it's saying:

Section 3 - Application type

3.1 Mark the box of the status for which you believe you are eligible
__Pre-settled status
__Settled status

3.2 Which of these describes you
__I have completed a continuous qualifying period of 5 years as a family member of a relevant EEA or Swiss citizen
__I have completed a continuous qualifying period of less than 5 years but am eligible for a settled status
For example:
There are a list of examples but the one Im trying to understand is:
.you are a family member of a relevant EEA or Swiss citizen who has ceased activity in one of the permitted ways and the have been or are being granted settled status or would be if they were to apply

Can someone please explain to me what does the above mean?

In my case, my biometric card was issued 23.03.2017 so I believe my option would be this one:

However Im a little confused with the last option and the example they gave...

Page 17
Section 3.22
Is the "Home Office reference number of their citizenship application" (as they called) the same as "Unique Application number"? Or is this the "Case ID number"? How does this number look like?

Page 18
Section 3.27
Is the "Home Office reference number for the permanent residence document" (as they called) the same as "permanent residence card number"? How does this number look like?

Page 17
Section 3.24

At the time of acquiring British citizenship what were they doing in the UK? Tick all relevant boxes
__Job Seeking
__Working
__Self-employed
__Self-sufficient
__Student
__They had a right of permanent residence
__None of the above

In this case, my husband left his job on 11/10/2018 and he got his British Citizenship on 29/11/2018 so I should mark "Job Seeking", "Self-sufficient" and "They had a right of permanent residence". Is this correct?
What do they want to know exactly here?

After this one there is:
Section 3.25
Date they started working, self-employment, being self-sufficient or studying in the UK
___/___/___

This date, is it still related to "At the time of acquiring British citizenship...." ? If yes, my answer should be the day after my husband quit his job and became self-sufficient? I'm confused about this one sorry!

This is now Page 25, Section 4 - Evidence to provide:

This Section includes a list of examples of the evidence os residence they will accept.

I'm guessing this is my case:
"For applications from family members of relevant naturalised British citizen".
Am I correct?

. Evidence that the British citizen family member was a worker, self-employed person, self-sufficient person, or student in the UK, or had a right of permanent residence in the UK, at the time of the acquisition of British citizenship.

. Evidence that the British citizen family member retained their nationality of origin after acquiring British citizenship, for example their valid passport or national identity card for that nationality .

. Evidence that the British citizen family member continues to be a worker, self-employed person self-sufficient person or student, or qualifies for a right of permanent residence in the UK.

From what I understood I need to send all the above and I'm wondering if the following evidences are sufficient / accepted by them:

. We'll send the UK permanent residence card
. We'll send my husband's valid passport from his other nationality
. This one.... could we send an annual bank statement showing sufficient funds? Or should we send something else? We are not sure what to send as evidence for this one. He is now self-employed but doesn't have Tax returns yet.

Thank you so much for your help!
Best,
Patricia

hbsg196678
Newly Registered
Uruguay

Post by hbsg196678 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:32 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:32 am
hbsg196678 wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:37 am
secret.simon wrote:

Hi,

Are you a family member of an EU citizen who is in the UK with Settled Status?
Refer to the Settled Status website: https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-ci ... led-status
(Hi, I lived with my brother in republic of Ireland for 5 years and came back October 2020 to UK and i have all dependency proofs, my brother is British citizen so can i apply here now?