ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EUFAM Stamp 4 (Surrinder Singh) Brexit

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Esmerelda
Newly Registered
Ireland

EUFAM Stamp 4 (Surrinder Singh) Brexit

Post by Esmerelda » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:19 am

Hi,
I am a nonEU married to an Irish citizen who was exercising treaty rights in the UK where I had an EU family permit. We moved to Ireland before Brexit and I was issued EUFAM Stamp 4 visa under Surrinder Singh. My question is, do I need to change to the new post Brexit residence card as my current visa was issued on the basis of exercising treaty rights in the UK when it was still in the EU. My thinking is I should not need to change my visa as it was issued on the basis of exercising treaty rights before Brexit. I am very interested in other people's thoughts.
Thanks
Esmerelda

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Re: EUFAM Stamp 4 (Surrinder Singh) Brexit

Post by raja.brit » Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:31 pm

Esmerelda wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:19 am
Hi,
I am a nonEU married to an Irish citizen who was exercising treaty rights in the UK where I had an EU family permit. We moved to Ireland before Brexit and I was issued EUFAM Stamp 4 visa under Surrinder Singh. My question is, do I need to change to the new post Brexit residence card as my current visa was issued on the basis of exercising treaty rights in the UK when it was still in the EU. My thinking is I should not need to change my visa as it was issued on the basis of exercising treaty rights before Brexit. I am very interested in other people's thoughts.
Thanks
Esmerelda
I don't think you need to coz your spouse is Irish Citizen.

The card exchange program only applies to non eu members whose sponsor is a UK Citizen.

You should be fine.

I hope it helps