ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

deadline to submit spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

lomo

FLR Spouse Visa Query

Post by lomo » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:59 am

Hi All,

I have the following querie regarding my wife's spouse visa application? Hope someone can advise.

She received a penalty from HMRC for not filling a Self-Assessment. She appealed and the Penalty was cancelled. We have documentary evidence as proof. Because the penalty was issued (although later cancelled), we though of stating this under "Convictions and Other Penalties -A caution, warning, reprimand or other penalty". I'm not sure whether this the correct thing to do, so please advise.

lomo

Re: FLR Spouse Visa Query

Post by lomo » Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:49 pm

Can someone please reply.

lomo

Spouse Visa Rent and Council Tax

Post by lomo » Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:04 pm

Hope someone can help with following two queries. My wife is applying for her spouse visa and need to provide following evidence as part of proof of renting.

1. Myself and wife have been renting since 2013. We signed a contract in 2013, after its expiry in 2014 the landlord did'nt bother signing a new contract. But we have been staying at the same property and paying rent. The contract has been extended by word of mouth, and therefore we do not have a contract signed in 2020. However, the landlord agreed to provide a letter to confirm our tenancy. My wife is planning to submit the contract signed in 2013 and the letter from the landlord. Is this acceptable?

2. The council tax is in my name and does not include my wife's name (My wife applies for the spouse visa). Will there be a problem if I submit the council tax bill with only my name in it. Is there a legal requirement to have names of all occupants of a property in the council tax bill or notifying the council? I am paying the full council tax.

Casa

Re: Spouse Visa Rent and Council Tax

Post by Casa » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:00 pm

lomo wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:04 pm
Hope someone can help with following two queries. My wife is applying for her spouse visa and need to provide following evidence as part of proof of renting.

1. Myself and wife have been renting since 2013. We signed a contract in 2013, after its expiry in 2014 the landlord did'nt bother signing a new contract. But we have been staying at the same property and paying rent. The contract has been extended by word of mouth, and therefore we do not have a contract signed in 2020. However, the landlord agreed to provide a letter to confirm our tenancy. My wife is planning to submit the contract signed in 2013 and the letter from the landlord. Is this acceptable? 'Rolling tenancies' are common. This won't be an issue.

2. The council tax is in my name and does not include my wife's name (My wife applies for the spouse visa). Will there be a problem if I submit the council tax bill with only my name in it. Is there a legal requirement to have names of all occupants of a property in the council tax bill or notifying the council? I am paying the full council tax. There's no requirement for your wife's name to be on the council tax bill.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

lomo

deadline to submit spouse visa

Post by lomo » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:20 am

I've received my ILR through long residence in March. My wife is currently on a PBS dependant visa which expires in 2023. she obtained this visa as a dependant of my old Tier 2 visa. Now she needs to submit her spouse visa. However, we are in the process of purchasing a property and we though it is best to submit the souse visa application after moving to the new property. This may mean we will submit her spouse visa application in June or July. I have few questions.

1. Is it legal to wait till July to apply for the spouse visa? Is there a deadline requiring a person to switch from PBS dependant to spouse visa.

2. When I update my employer of myself switching from Tier 2 visa to ILR, they are likely to cancel my CoS. will this curtail my wife's current visa?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: deadline to submit spouse visa

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:23 am

1. Fine to switch later provided she is not travelling out if the UK.

2. No effect on your spouse's visa. Only ukvi can cirysil your spouse visa, not your employer.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

lomo

Post by lomo » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:45 am

CR001 wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:23 am
1. Fine to switch later provided she is not travelling out if the UK.

2. No effect on your spouse's visa. Only ukvi can cirysil your spouse visa, not your employer.
Thanks for the quick response. regarding question 2. What I wanted to say was; if my employer notify UKVI of withdrawing the CoS and that I'm no longer on Tier 2, will UKVI curtail my wife's dependant visa. Have there been such cases on this forum.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:40 am

No!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.