ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eu treaty visa for kids (short stay c) emergency situation

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Davor
Newly Registered
Croatia

Eu treaty visa for kids (short stay c) emergency situation

Post by Davor » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:35 am

Mid December we applied for children's visa in Nairobi, we left them with grandmother so they don't loose school year. The thing is that grandmother knew about surgery which comes next week and so we put date of entrance for next week. We told them everything at the embassy and now it has been over 16 weeks and they still didn't do nothing. Both of us (me and spouse) live and work in Ireland and we cannot go there. The only answer which we got from them is copy paste

"We have provided a status update on your application in an earlier email
and we are unable to provide you with further updates at this time.

Due to the large volume of applications of this type and current public
health restrictions, the visa office is currently experiencing some delays
in the processing of applications. While every effort is made to process
these applications as soon as possible, processing times will vary, having
regard to the volume of applications, their complexity, the possible need
for the visa office to seek further information in relation to certain
applications, and the resources available.

Please be assured that we will contact you as soon as a decision has been
made."

Problem is that we are stating every day in e-mails that it's emergency due to health condition. We have send email even to the ministry. Is there someone who we can contact?

Elizabeth79
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Re: Eu treaty visa for kids (short stay c) emergency situation

Post by Elizabeth79 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:53 pm

I am also in your shoe,I am a British citizen andI applied for my husband and my daughter application on the 14th of December 2020 as a family member of eu national (before 31st of December 2020) who is exercising her treaty right in Ireland but up till now we have not heard anything from them .The thing is giving me concern.

Davor
Newly Registered
Croatia

Re: Eu treaty visa for kids (short stay c) emergency situation

Post by Davor » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:55 am

I managed to get in touch with ministry and TDA. This is response from Ministry and now waiting for reply
On behalf of the Minister for Justice, I wish to thank you for your recent correspondence regarding a delayed visa. The Minister has asked me to respond to you on her behalf.

Based on the information supplied, it has unfortunately not been possible to locate the application for the person referred to.

If more information can be provided we would be happy to re-examine your request.

Please supply:

Name of applicant
Date of birth of applicant
Visa application number
You should note that as part of Government efforts to tackle the pandemic Minister for Justice Helen McEntee took the decision to temporarily cease accepting new visa/preclearance applications with the exception of the Priority/Emergency case types listed below, which we continue to accept:

Workers or self-employed persons exercising critical occupations including healthcare workers, frontier and posted workers as well as seasonal workers as referred to in the Guidelines concerning the exercise of the free movement of workers during the COVID-19 outbreak;
Transport workers or transport service providers, including drivers of freight vehicles carrying goods for use in the territory as well as those merely transiting;
Patients travelling for imperative medical reasons;
Pupils, students and trainees who travel abroad on a daily basis and Third-country nationals travelling for the purpose of 3rd level study;
Persons travelling for imperative family or business reasons;
Diplomats, staff of international organisations and people invited by international organisations whose physical presence is required for the well-functioning of these organisations, military personnel and police officers, and humanitarian aid workers and civil protection personnel in the exercise of their functions;
Passengers in transit;
Seafarers;
Journalists, when performing their duties.
These measures have now been extended to at least the 5th May 2021.

The situation will continue to be reviewed in consultation with the relevant authorities in the coming weeks. The Immigration Service Delivery (ISD) function of the department intend to resume accepting applications as soon as safety concerns abate. Any changes to the restrictions on visa processing will be announced on the following page:

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/CO ... ouncements

Before proceeding with your on-line application, you should check with your local Embassy/Honorary Consulate/Visa Office to confirm that your application meets the Priority/Emergency criteria. Once you’ve completed the on-line application, you should follow the instructions given on the summary page as to where you should submit your application. The onus is on the applicant to provide as much information in support of their application as they feel is necessary.

For applications which were received prior to January 29th, these will continue to be processed. However, for successful applications, unless your application meets the Emergency/Priority criteria set out above, a visa or preclearance approval letter will not issue until such time as these restrictions have been lifted. You will be notified if your application is successful. Refusal letters for unsuccessful applications on hand will continue to be issued.

These measures are designed to support our public health restrictions on movement, including into and out of Ireland.

The strong advice therefore is that everyone, regardless of their nationality or visa/preclearance status, or where they started from, who cannot provide proof of an essential purpose to travel to or within Ireland, should not travel to Ireland. It is currently against the law for any person (regardless of nationality or passport) to travel within Ireland for non-essential purposes and people can be fined for doing so. Enforcement of this has been strongly increased over that last few days.

Any resumption of services is subject to current health and safety advice in relation to the COVID 19 pandemic. Please see further details on Irish travel requirements at the following link:

https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/coronavirus/travel.html

For up to date information in your location, you should go to the local Irish Embassy/Mission website for that location.

Applicants are advised not to pay for a travel ticket before you receive a decision on your visa. There is no guarantee that any individual application will be successful.

I trust this information is of some assistance.

Yours sincerely,