ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa "Case closed" email reply via paid emial service

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Rahman1991
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa "Case closed" email reply via paid emial service

Post by Rahman1991 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:05 pm

Hello good people,

I was wondering if anyone else had gotten a similar reply from UK Visas and Immigration paid email service and if the wording of the email is indicative of a positive or negative outcome.

The email reads as follows:

"Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Contact Centre.

With regards to your enquiry about the status of your application, I can confirm that we have now completed all our actions and your case has been closed. We cannot discuss the outcome of your application online or by telephone.

We strongly recommend that you do not buy a non-refundable, non-flexible ticket to the UK, until your visa application has been approved and you have received your documents.

Regards,

UK Visas and Immigration"

Some background:
My wife had her biometrics done on 12th January in Bangaldesh Sylhet. So it has been about 35 working days since. The above email was received on the 23rd of February after I sent an email using the paid service.

If they "can confirm that we have now completed all our actions and your case has been closed" this feels to me that she should have been asked to pick up her passport by now?

Any help/advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Rahman1991
Newly Registered

Re: Spouse Visa "Case closed" email reply via paid emial service

Post by Rahman1991 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:45 pm

Ok so strange one:

I assumed "Case closed" meant the decision has been finalised and no further action needs to be taken except an email being sent from them to ask my wife to pick up her passport.

However, today I had a call from immigration and they conducted a 16 minute interview with me about my employment.

They did ask me about my marriage date but I forgot it(I had just woken up from a late shift at work). I may have messed up on the date of my employment as well.

But everything else I answered with confidence. He even asked me to describe the surround area of my workplace, who I usually see at work my role description etc.

He also asked for my employers contact number.

Anyway, I got another email saying that my wife and myself will have a phone interview on the same day and same time.
Hopefully it goes well.

Raj100
Newly Registered

Post by Raj100 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:51 pm

Hello,

I have a similar situation...

My wife in India did her biometrics on the 22/02/21. All supporting documents were self uploaded online via VFS Global on the same date.

We did not receive any confirmation email from VFS Global or UKVI about confirming receipt of the application or an email stating that the application has been passed for consideration to an ECO, as some applicants get.

So today, 08/03/21 we phoned the paid helpline to make sure the application has been received and upon checking out the application number the agent said the same line "I can confirm that we have now completed all our actions and your case has been closed".

We confirmed with the agent what this meant and he said that this meant all checks have been completed and a decision has been made however they cannot see this and we would need to wait until the applicant is told to collect our passport.

However, after reading this post we are worried what this actually means for us as if, in fact, a decision has been made then this has been made very quickly, under 2 weeks since biometrics, which seems extremely fast for a non-priority application.

Neither I or my wife have been contacted by phone or email regarding the application by UKVI, so wondering what all this could mean? The responses from the call center agents are really vague that do not give much information, they seem to obviously just read scripts of their computers.

Thanks

Sgrant2387repton
Newly Registered

Post by Sgrant2387repton » Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:59 pm

I’ve been given the same information but not sure what it actually means ?

Raj100
Newly Registered

Post by Raj100 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:31 pm

Sgrant2387repton wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:59 pm
Can you please let me know where was the application submitted and what date were biometrics completed?

Thanks

Sgrant2387repton
Newly Registered

Post by Sgrant2387repton » Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:25 am

On the 5th of March 2021 my husband submitted his biometrics and documents in Kingston Jamaica. I just wanted to no if they received the application. To be honest I think the response we got means it’s been received. As we would have had an email saying a decision has been made. When I spoke with the man on the phone the ukvi that is. He was speaking from a script quite strange

Sgrant2387repton
Newly Registered

Post by Sgrant2387repton » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:29 pm

Raj100 wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:31 pm
Sgrant2387repton wrote:
Can you please let me know where was the application submitted and what date were biometrics completed?

Thanks
Was wondering you have had anything since receiving that information from ukvi

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:03 pm

Raj100 wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:51 pm
The responses from the call center agents are really vague that do not give much information, they seem to obviously just read scripts of their computers.
The UKV&I contact centre is outsourced to a third-party private contractor and it is unlikely that they would have access to anything other than the most basic case information.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Sgrant2387repton
Newly Registered

Post by Sgrant2387repton » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:00 am

Raj100 wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:31 pm
Sgrant2387repton wrote:

Thanks
Hi did you hear anything after that