ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Presence in country 3 years before application date. When does the calculation start from?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

donblount

Physical documents required for Naturalisation Application?

Post by donblount » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:49 am

Applying for citizenship through married to a UK citizen route. Bit confused if I need to provide physical documents along with this application.

In the last page of the application it says.
>> You must provide your documents after you submit your application, these can be originals or copies. Any passports provided must be originals.

In the next paragraph it says.
>>You do not need to send any physical documents to the Home Office or UK Visas & Immigration unless you are advised to do so.

Quite confused would I be sending mine and partners passports along with the application.

I also understand there used to be a service called Nationality Checking Service. Is this still an option for paper application?

Some posts talk about UKVI being involved in processing documents. How does that work? Do I get an option to choose this at the end of the application?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Physical documents required for Naturalisation Application?

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:51 am

You need to apply online and not the paper form.

The whole process is exactly the same through ukcvas as what it was for your ilr. No originals are sent to ukvi anymore.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

donblount

Presence in country 3 years before application date. When does the calculation start from?

Post by donblount » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:52 pm

I understand there is is requirement to be in the country 3 years before the application date for British citizenship (for those following the spouse route for citizenship application). When does the calculation of date start from. From the date of the online application or or from the date of the bio metric appointment?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Presence in country 3 years before application date. When does the calculation start from?

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:54 pm

donblount wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:52 pm
I understand there is is requirement to be in the country 3 years before the application date for British citizenship (for those following the spouse route for citizenship application). When does the calculation of date start from. From the date of the online application or or from the date of the bio metric appointment?
Date of application is the date you submit and pay online. Your biometric appointment date is irrelevant in this regard.

Please keep all your questions in one thread. Topics merged.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.