ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

first arrive in the UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jose-uk
Newly Registered
Spain

adding other applicants (not married)

Post by jose-uk » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:38 am

Dear all,

My partner and I got our ILR (Settle status) in 2019 and we applied separately, and our children in 2020 (we applied later).

For our naturalisation application, we don't know whether she has to do its own online form, or whether she can apply within mine, as there is an option that allows you to use 'Partner 18 or older'.

We are the same family, but not married.

In essence, do we:

1) apply all four together in the same online form

2) My partner and I create 2 separate applications and our children would go in either hers or mine.

Thanks in advance,

alterhase58
Germany

Re: adding other applicants (not married)

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:41 am

Your choice either option 1 or 2 possible - note that every applicant will still be assessed individually, there's no family application as such, and no discount on the fees.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

jose-uk
Newly Registered
Spain

first arrive in the UK

Post by jose-uk » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:44 am

Dear all,

We are applying to the British citizenship, via naturalisation.

In the online form, they ask you for 'When did you first arrive in the UK'

We came to live here in January-2012. However, honestly we had been in UK before for holidays, that was in August-2009.

We don't know whether we should type in the 2012 one, or just the small trip we did back in 2009.

thanks in advance,

alterhase58
Germany

Re: first arrive in the UK

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:58 am

It should be 2012 - as you started your long-term stay.

NB. Please keep all you posts in one thread - makes it easier for members to respond.
Moderator will merge your posts.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

jose-uk
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by jose-uk » Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:26 am

thanks a lot, I'll follow that rule next time I post.

jose-uk
Newly Registered
Spain

english test reference number

Post by jose-uk » Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:13 pm

Dear all,

In the online form for the British Citizenship via naturalisation, which of the 2 codes that you get from IELTS exam results, you should paste into?

screenshot

The one that says Reference up right, or the number that says Test Report form (TRF)?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:10 pm

Not familiar with that input screen - guess just put TRF number into TRF field and ref number in the other one.

jose-uk
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by jose-uk » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:31 pm

That screenshot is from the IELTS results' page, it is not part of the citizenship form

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:50 pm

jose-uk wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:31 pm
That screenshot is from the IELTS results' page, it is not part of the citizenship form
Just add any reference (maybe guess the number of digits allowed and match them with the reference number digits?). There is a notes section at the end of the form. You can input additional notes there. Input both reference numbers there.
OR visit IELTS website for more information.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

jose-uk
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by jose-uk » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:07 pm

I have just submitted my application and paid

In my ukvcas account I can see an option for uploading my documents.

For the ukvcas appointment, I guess that we only have to go there for the biometrics, as we can upload our documents online. Or am I wrong? still we haven't booked

What's the benefit of scanning and checking your documents on site?

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:39 pm

british-citizenship/steps-to-follow-aft ... 14359.html

Document Checking Service is a waste in
my opinion and you can not benefit from self-submission if you purchase that service.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

jose-uk
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by jose-uk » Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:36 pm

I'm preparing our documents to be uploaded into the UKVCAS web portal.

I have a few questions so far:

A) Our non-UK passports are biometric, do we still have to scan all the pages (even if they are blank) and upload them into to the system? I was thinking if at the appointment they could read the chips of the passports to avoid this.

B) To proof we were exactly 5 years ago in UK soil:
Is there anything in particular about this? what type of document are they expecting?

C) In the online form we specified our list of travel and/or absences in the qualifying period:
Do we have to submit boarding passes now? I guess the Home Office should have a record of all our trips in and out of the UK.

D) Continuous residence in the qualifying period:
We have council tax bills, but they show my partner's name, not mine, I guess it doesn't matter as this is a joint application and/or family application, does it?. if not we can always submit our rent contracts, in this case we are both in the documents. Is it okay submitting your rent contracts?

E) Proof of employment:
My partner is self-employed, so last self-assessment available is until April-2020, how can we prove that she has been working since April-2020 too? Do we have to submit bills and/or invoices for her?

F) For the children, in the optional documents, is it okay submitting baptism certificates? or perhaps they will be looking at a letter of the school?

Thanks in advance,

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:16 pm

jose-uk wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:36 pm
I'm preparing our documents to be uploaded into the UKVCAS web portal.

I have a few questions so far:

A) Our non-UK passports are biometric, do we still have to scan all the pages (even if they are blank) and upload them into to the system? I was thinking if at the appointment they could read the chips of the passports to avoid this.
Scan the information pages as well as any used/stamped pages, if any. UKVI want a picture of the passports, it's not about scanning the chips as at the border.

B) To proof we were exactly 5 years ago in UK soil:
Is there anything in particular about this? what type of document are they expecting?
No specific proof required - just ensure that date is not in your list of absences!

C) In the online form we specified our list of travel and/or absences in the qualifying period:
Do we have to submit boarding passes now? I guess the Home Office should have a record of all our trips in and out of the UK.
No evidence is required - it's questionable whether UKVI have all your trip data...

D) Continuous residence in the qualifying period:
We have council tax bills, but they show my partner's name, not mine, I guess it doesn't matter as this is a joint application and/or family application, does it?. if not we can always submit our rent contracts, in this case we are both in the documents. Is it okay submitting your rent contracts?
There's no concept of joint or family application - each person has to satisfy the requirements. Do you have P60s or self-assessment tax retuns if self-employed? Your partner could use the Council tax bills.

E) Proof of employment:
My partner is self-employed, so last self-assessment available is until April-2020, how can we prove that she has been working since April-2020 too? Do we have to submit bills and/or invoices for her?
You don't actually submit proof of employment, it's proof of residency - use the last self-assessment and explain that the latest is not yet available. Or use Council Tax bill??

F) For the children, in the optional documents, is it okay submitting baptism certificates? or perhaps they will be looking at a letter of the school?
For children it's the MN1 form requirements so you need check what is actually required (they are registered, not naturalised

Thanks in advance,

jose-uk
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by jose-uk » Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:47 pm

thanks for the above.

I'm in progress of collecting all the evidence.

Keep you all posted.

jose-uk
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by jose-uk » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:07 pm

Hi,

In the Mandatory documents section at the ukvcas web site, there are two document types:

- Other
- Proof of Application

If the proof of application is the passport, what means Other?, I am confused because below in the Optional documents, it is the Residency proof one amongst others.

And the second question, if you have all your documents uploaded and in order, no issues, and all dates and gaps completed, is it still the cover letter that some applicants refer to necessary?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:21 am

A cover letter is not necessary or mandatory, unless you wish to explain something specific.
The document options are just options, you only have to provide what is necessary, some applicants upload everything in "Other" - caseworkers know what they are looking for/at.

jose-uk
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by jose-uk » Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:20 pm

Finally, we got our appointment last Friday, I was a little bit scared of my little daughters behavior, but it turned up that they are not that rigorous as I thought, and all the staff were very helpful (ukvcas). Besides, they don't take fingerprints if your child is under 5.

All good, now just wait...

I hope this helps,

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:49 pm

Good luck - please post your timelines to keep us updated.

jose-uk
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by jose-uk » Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:15 pm

So, far

26-Mar-2021: Application submitted

23-April-2021: ukvcas STANDARD appointment (paid booking) for photos, fingerprints and passport checking.

jose-uk
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by jose-uk » Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:47 am

Hi,

Yesterday we received two letters by POST containing the British citizenship for my 2 daughters. Yes, the certificate itself. They were delivered through the mail box (we weren't at home), no certified, no identification required.

Still no sign of our 2 adult applications.

Is it the standard procedure receiving first the child ones?

I guess for us it will be the letter containing the appointment for the ceremony what we will receive next, should we expect to receive this soon?

Please, advice.

I am very pleased anyway that things are moving..

jose-uk
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by jose-uk » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:36 pm

We have received two letters today saying that our citizenship application or British nationality has been approved (we received the certificate of citizenship for our daughters' ones a few days ago; they do not need to attend their ceremony, or exempt).

I have just called the Borough to book the ceremony and -just for the people interesting to know what's required- they have asked me just for my full name, contact details and reference number. We need to take any photo identity or official document for the ceremony.

The reference number -according to the lady that has attended my call- is just the 9 digits number that is in the letter from today where it says Our Ref:. I have trusted her, as in any case I didn't have any other number rather than this one. This one doesn't have the seven digits of the mentioned number from other people in this forum though.

Thanks to all,
it has been a long journey since end of March..

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:46 pm

Thanks for the feedback - and congratulations to you all.
Good luck for the ceremony and then the passport applications.
Please update your timelines when you can.