ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lounes settled status

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jattsaab
Newly Registered
India

Lounes settled status

Post by jattsaab » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:52 pm

Hello,

I have applied for a settled status recently through lounes application. A couple days ago I received a letter with the settled status being granted. My wife has a dual nationality as she became a British citizen in 2018. I would like to know if in this case I have to still wait 12 months before applying for citizenship or can I just do it now?

Many thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Lounes settled status

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:20 am

I would like to know if in this case I have to still wait 12 months before applying for citizenship
No.
or can I just do it now?
Yes, if you meet the requirements based on 3 years residence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Abosi
Newly Registered

Post by Abosi » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:32 am

Hi can you let me know how long it took HO to process your application? Lots of different stories out there with some waiting over 6 months and some getting an answer within a month...

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:37 am

Abosi wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:32 am
Hi can you let me know how long it took HO to process your application? Lots of different stories out there with some waiting over 6 months and some getting an answer within a month...
Which application are you asking about? The Lounes application or the British citizenship application?

If the former, please post the question in the EEA-Route application forum, not in the British citizenship forum.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Abosi
Newly Registered

Post by Abosi » Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:29 am

I’m asking about Lounes

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:30 am

Abosi wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:29 am
I’m asking about Lounes
Then please start your own topic in the correct sub forum and don't tag onto members posts in the British citizenship sub forum.

eea-route-applications/
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.