ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR (M) Applied too early, now need to cancel application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zjz
Newly Registered
Taiwan

ILR (M) Applied too early, now need to cancel application

Post by zjz » Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:59 pm

Hi all, help please :cry: I got too excited and carried away with my application now I seem to have made a huge mistake.

My visa started on 22 Apr 2016 and current BRP expires on 18 May 2021.

I completed the ILR (M) online application form and made the payment on 11 Mar 2021, and booked an UKVCAS appointment for 19 Apr 2021. But I have yet submitted any documents.

I now come to understand that it’s the application date that counts (so 25 Mar 2021 was the earliest), not the UKVCAS appointment date. So I am way too early for my application.

Is that right?

If I am indeed too early, my plan of action is to:
1. Cancel the current application via this site https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... ments.ofml. And I should get a full refund?
2. Reschedule the UKVCAS appointment

My questions are:
* Anything to add to the action plan?
* Can I start a new application as soon as I submit the cancellation request?
* As long as my application is completed online again before 18 May 2021, my UKVCAS appointment can be after that if I’m not able to get one before, right?
* How soon will I be refunded?

Thanks ever so much for your advices!! Y’all are the kindest people on earth answering these questions.

vinny

Re: ILR (M) Applied too early, now need to cancel application

Post by vinny » Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:05 pm

When did you initially enter the UK on the spouse visa?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

zjz
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Post by zjz » Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:15 pm

I was on the Youth Mobility Visa when I entered the UK in 2015 and moved to spouse visa in 2016.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:32 pm

When was the initial FLR(M) grant date?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

zjz
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Post by zjz » Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:39 pm

The first FLR (M) was from 22 Apr 2016 to 19 Nov 2018, current one 21 Oct 2018 to 18 May 2021.

Both times had same day service, so grant date is the start date.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:44 pm

If you are submitting biometrics on 19 April, then it’s highly likely that they will decide on your application after you have completed 5 years. So, I don’t think it’s too early.

zjz
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Post by zjz » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:12 pm

Thanks Vinny.

Also, I have somehow put No as an answer for my Life in the UK test which I've just passed yesterday (I know I got the sequence so messed up)

I see in other posts that I can attach a cover letter to explain and supply my unique number in the supporting document, would that suffice?

Many thanks.

zjz
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Post by zjz » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:30 pm

Sorry Vinny, I still can't get my head around the dates issue.

Are you saying that the current application is only validated/official after I submit my biometrics on 19 Apr 2021, so I'm safe? Don't the HO go by the application completion date?

Thank you for your posts, I'm so anxious it helps to calm me down a bit. Here's the drama that's playing out in my head, I don't know which risk to take -

*Keep current application
action: supply a cover letter explaining that I have actually passed the Life in the UK test;
worse case scenario: application rejected - might need to go on 10 year route as seen in other cases, or visa expires and get deported

*Cancel current application and re-apply
worse case scenario: loose the application fee and can’t get an appointment before 18 May 2021

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:12 pm

Are you going for super priority or standard route? Most likely it would be standard as Super priority recently opened for SET(M).
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

zjz
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Post by zjz » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:38 pm

Thanks CULLINAN, I'd love to go super priority but didn't have the option on 11 Mar when I submitted the application, so yes it's standard.

zjz
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Post by zjz » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:31 pm

Guys, I think I am going to cancel both my application and UKVCAS appointment and start fresh since I have time to do so. (current BRP expire 18 May 2021) Just want to be 100% in the timeframe and also want to amend the incorrect response to the Lift in the UK test question.

So can I just check, I can start a new application as soon as I submit the cancellation request here https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... ments.ofml?

Many thanks for responding.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:23 pm

You have two options:

1) Carry on with your existing application as standard. Since you booked your biometrics on 19th April, decision will be made after 19th April when you will be in the eligibility bracket.. Technically you applied early but as long a decision is made when you actually qualify, application should be successful (as @Vinny already stated).
LIUK: Also you will have to add a cover letter and mention your LIUK reference before biometrics. It can take up to 6 months for a decision. Technically you should take LIUK before application date but as long you provide it before a decision is made, should be okay. UKVI seems to be lenient on it given corona delays etc.

2) As long you did not submit biometrics and your current visa is valid, you may withdraw your current application and make a new fresh application in due course. You should get the refund for your withdrawn application. If you decide to go super-priority for your new application, make sure you run a dummy application first and see if SP service option shows at the payment page. Even though, gov website claims that SP service is live for SET(M), some members reported not viewing that on the payment page. Others reported viewing that randomly at certain times of the day. You do not want to start all over again and end up not having the SP service so check it first. Also SP time count starts after biometrics. These days biometrics run at a 28 day lag unless you are lucky to find an earlier cancellation.
So can I just check, I can start a new application as soon as I submit the cancellation request here
Yes

Choice is yours to make.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

zjz
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Post by zjz » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:19 am

Huge thank you to you both Vinny and CULLINAN! Your advices helped me to make the informed decision confidently.

I have cancelled my original application that’s made too early and the UKVCAS appointment. No acknowledgment email received from either site though, fingers crossed.

I have also completed and paid for a new application with SP service 8) hooray (It was available @2:30am FYI), now it’s just booking a new UKVCAS appointment left to do. There were availabilities for 8 May but I think I’ll wait for the 10 May options.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:55 am

Good luck! As @CULLINAN said, expect a full refund on the withdrawn application.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:50 am

Worth trying for an earlier or free biometrics appointment.
Suggestion for booking biometrics appointments, might be helpful to new users:

You have 45 working days to book an appointment (excluding Sat/Sun) after online submission. These days biometrics appointments are running at a 28 days lag i.e. you get an appointment for the 28th day unless you get to find an earlier cancellation.

My suggestion:
1) Login UKVCAS booking system 12 AM midnight GMT (1AM BST) to look for appointments.

2) Look for different centres and locations if you are willing to travel.

3) Look continuously for 3/4 days regularly (after submission and before booking a slot) to find an earlier cancellation or free appointments during the day/after midnight. For free appointments look especially between 6am-9am in the morning. Free options are offered by Core Centres only (week days).

4) If you fail and can not find any earlier cancellations or free appointments for next 3/4 days after submission, book one logging in at 12 AM midnight GMT. You will get one for the 28th day (has to be a week day for better availability). If the 28th day is a Sat/Sun, availability will be almost nil.

I would suggest you try your luck for 3/4 days before you book one. Once you book an appointment, you will not be able to see any more availability.
Cullinan

zjz
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Post by zjz » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:05 pm

Ah! Forgot about the BST time difference again!! I have been browsing since I submitted at around 12am but nothing came up.

Noted the 6-9am tip for free appointments, no wonder I never seen one!! If I can’t get anything tonight then I’ll try that.

You guys are real life super heroes :D thanks again

zjz
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Post by zjz » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:13 am

Hi guys, I know I’m overthinking again (this is what weekends do to me) but can I just check this -

1. Online banking PDF bank statements without stamps are accepted
2. Must I include a cover letter
3. I submitted application online on 11 Apr 2021 and biometrics appointment is on 10 May 2021. Do my documents need to be within 28 days of 11 Apr or 10 May? I’m thinking 11 Apr but just want to be 100% certain I’m right.

Thanks for keeping me sane.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:00 pm

zjz wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:13 am
Hi guys, I know I’m overthinking again (this is what weekends do to me) but can I just check this -

1. Online banking PDF bank statements without stamps are accepted
2. Must I include a cover letter
3. I submitted application online on 11 Apr 2021 and biometrics appointment is on 10 May 2021. Do my documents need to be within 28 days of 11 Apr or 10 May? I’m thinking 11 Apr but just want to be 100% certain I’m right.

Thanks for keeping me sane.
1) Yes
2) No
3) 11th Apr

zjz
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Post by zjz » Tue May 04, 2021 12:55 am

Hi Cullinan, hope you had a lovely bank holiday weekend.

Another quick question, I’ve now submitted the documents on UKVCAS, on the application or the checklist it didn’t ask for my partner’s salary, bank statement nor employment detail so I didn’t upload any of those. My salary is enough to meet the criteria, but now I’m having second thoughts. Should I bring the hard copies of my partner’s..say bank statement..to the appointment to scan just in case?

On the day of biometrics appointment, I just need the QRcode email, my current passport and hard copies of all the documents I uploaded, don’t need to print out the soft copy eg. online bank statement, right?

Thank you so much as always. Appointment is next week, getting more and more anxious as the day draws closer. Been reading about how others waited just under 6 months to get a decision, seriously I wouldn’t mentally be able to cope with that. SP service is like life saver for me so is you guys advices. Tho I’m still waiting for the refund of the cancelled standard application, HO must think we’re all made of money.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue May 04, 2021 2:06 am

zjz wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 12:55 am
Hi Cullinan, hope you had a lovely bank holiday weekend.

Another quick question, I’ve now submitted the documents on UKVCAS, on the application or the checklist it didn’t ask for my partner’s salary, bank statement nor employment detail so I didn’t upload any of those. My salary is enough to meet the criteria, but now I’m having second thoughts. Should I bring the hard copies of my partner’s..say bank statement..to the appointment to scan just in case?
No need.

On the day of biometrics appointment, I just need the QRcode email, my current passport and hard copies of all the documents I uploaded, don’t need to print out the soft copy eg. online bank statement, right?
Correct. Only passport and QR code will be checked. Just carry passport, brp and any originals (just in case). You already have self-submitted documents to UKVI anyways. If not, do it as it will save you time and hassle at the appointment.

Thank you so much as always. Appointment is next week, getting more and more anxious as the day draws closer. Been reading about how others waited just under 6 months to get a decision, seriously I wouldn’t mentally be able to cope with that. SP service is like life saver for me so is you guys advices. Tho I’m still waiting for the refund of the cancelled standard application, HO must think we’re all made of money.
Good luck. And dont worry you will get a refund in due course. It takes longer due to corona. Get your ILR sorted first. You can chase your refund then also via a complaint etc. It usually takes 2-4 weeks or little longer.
You are lucky as SET(M) SP has resumed.
Since corona pandemic came SET(M) applicants waited around 6-12 months for a decision!!

zjz
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Post by zjz » Tue May 04, 2021 10:11 am

Extremely lucky indeed. 8) Will update next week, cheers.

imagineunicorns
Newly Registered

Post by imagineunicorns » Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:04 am

How did it go? Did you manage to cancel your application and re-submit without any hiccups? I'm in the same dilemma myself. BRP expiry is mid August and I submitted my FLR M application 2 days ago. But I need to cancel and re submit because my latest bank statement doesn't show July's pay. What's the best way to cancel and re submit, without losing my application and IHS fee? Will I get a refund? Thanks.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:43 am

imagineunicorns wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:04 am
How did it go? Did you manage to cancel your application and re-submit without any hiccups? I'm in the same dilemma myself. BRP expiry is mid August and I submitted my FLR M application 2 days ago. But I need to cancel and re submit because my latest bank statement doesn't show July's pay. What's the best way to cancel and re submit, without losing my application and IHS fee? Will I get a refund? Thanks.
You are tagging your query all over the forum. DO NOT do this :!:
You must NOT cancel your application. That is a minor issue and does NOT require you to cancel your application. Start your own post if you need help :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice