ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian passport surrender

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vin05
Newly Registered

Indian passport surrender

Post by vin05 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:03 am

Hello

My daughter is born in the United Kingdom and has Indian passport but the Indian passport is expired in 2019.We applied for British Nationality for her and we are expecting to get that soon.

Do we need to surrender her expired Indian passport? or can we directly apply for an OCI/Indian visa?

Please suggest

srsw

Re: Indian passport surrender

Post by srsw » Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:02 pm

Check the relevant scenario under "MAIN PROVISIONS FOR SURRENDER OF INDIAN PASSPORT" tab/section on this page:

httpss://www.vfsglobal.com/india/uk/Surrender.html
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:

Re: Indian passport surrender

Post by mesn » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:19 am

vin05 wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:03 am
Hello

My daughter is born in the United Kingdom and has Indian passport but the Indian passport is expired in 2019.We applied for British Nationality for her and we are expecting to get that soon.

Do we need to surrender her expired Indian passport? or can we directly apply for an OCI/Indian visa?

Please suggest
You still have to surrender the passport to get OCI/Visa. Separately, can I ask if you sent her expired passport to passport office while applying for her British passport?
T2G 2015, T2 Switch 2018, ILR 2020, BC 2021, British Passport 2022, OCI 2022