ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions about Documents to provide at UKVCAS. Please Help.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

elj266
Newly Registered
Korea South

Questions about Documents to provide at UKVCAS. Please Help.

Post by elj266 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:09 am

Hi everyone,

I'm applying ILR on ukvcas.co.uk in progess of uploading the documents and found out these requirements are a bit confusing. Please helpe me if possible, thanks very much in advance.

1. Mandatory documents for applicant. In this section, it has two subsections and required to upload:
Proof of Identity / Travel History and Proof of Application.
In Proof of Identity / Travel History, system said I need to upload Evidence of my wife's immigration status in the UK, The biometric residence permit for myself. Does it mean I need to load my wife's full scanned passport copy on every page(she's British citizen) including of her travel history? and I have to upload BRP card's front and back right? Do you have to put all passport copies in 1 PDF document or I can upload 3 or 4 pages?

In Proof of Application, system required upload The passport I hold , Declaration signed by spouse or civil partnerYour spouse or civil partner should download, sign and return the following declaration: Your partner's relationship declaration for married partners and civil partners.

So apart my passport copy, my understanding is I need to upload a declaration that downloaded and signed by my wife. Thats all right?

2. In the Optional documents, I think this section is not clear about what document exactly I need to upload. Apart from Educational I know I have to upload my degree certificate. Finance: upload bank statement, savings, P45/60. are these all? I'm just confused in general.

Other
Resident in the UK
Finance
Proof of business
Life Events
Medical information.
Sponsors/employment
Educational.

Can someone please help me about my questions/. Thank you so much.

srsw

Re: Questions about Documents to provide at UKVCAS. Please Help.

Post by srsw » Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:33 am

elj266 wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:09 am
Hi everyone,

I'm applying ILR on ukvcas.co.uk in progess of uploading the documents and found out these requirements are a bit confusing. Please helpe me if possible, thanks very much in advance.

1. Mandatory documents for applicant. In this section, it has two subsections and required to upload:
Proof of Identity / Travel History and Proof of Application.

In Proof of Identity / Travel History, system said I need to upload Evidence of my wife's immigration status in the UK, The biometric residence permit for myself. Does it mean I need to load my wife's full scanned passport copy on every page(she's British citizen) including of her travel history? and I have to upload BRP card's front and back right? Do you have to put all passport copies in 1 PDF document or I can upload 3 or 4 pages?

The evidence will depend on your immigration history and whether you are applying via Set (O) or Set (LR), etc, so best to make that clear so forum members can guide you accordingly.

For your wife's immigration status, just the first and last pages of her passport should be fine which provide her passport number, address, etc. details. Her travel history is not required/requested, but you need to upload your passport scan to prove your travel history, so where you have visas/stamps those pages can be scanned and uploaded along with front and last pages. Full passport scan too is fine. 1 or multiple PDFs too is fine for different passports.

For your BPR, yes front and back.

In Proof of Application, system required upload The passport I hold , Declaration signed by spouse or civil partner Your spouse or civil partner should download, sign and return the following declaration: Your partner's relationship declaration for married partners and civil partners.

So apart my passport copy, my understanding is I need to upload a declaration that downloaded and signed by my wife. Thats all right?

If it's in the list of documents that you had to download from the previous section, then yes

2. In the Optional documents, I think this section is not clear about what document exactly I need to upload. Apart from Educational I know I have to upload my degree certificate. Finance: upload bank statement, savings, P45/60. are these all? I'm just confused in general.

Other
Resident in the UK
Finance
Proof of business
Life Events
Medical information.
Sponsors/employment
Educational.

Can someone please help me about my questions/. Thank you so much.
You may have to provide cohabitation proofs for last two years, Life in the UK test reference number, employer letter/absence letters, English language requirements, bank statement showing your salary, payslip, consent and declaration forms, etc. but as I said it depends on your immigration history/application route.

Proof of business, etc. may not be relevant for all cases so ignore those that may not apply to your case
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

elj266
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by elj266 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:24 pm

Thank you so much. I will call them and ask as detail as I can.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:44 pm

elj266 wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:24 pm
Thank you so much. I will call them and ask as detail as I can.
The call centre will only waste your time. It is best to mention full circumstances of your case for members to help. You are overthinking this completely.

First question:
What is your visa category?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:50 pm

The documents checklist would have generated a list of documents. You need to submit all those documents. “Proof of application” and “proof of identity” explicitly states which documents to go there. Upload them there. Coloured or black and white does not matter as long each file is less than 6MB. For sponsor’s British Passport, bio page is enough. For applicant’s foreign passport upload at least the bio and stamps pages covering the qualifying period.

Rest all documents upload in whichever category they fit the best. Forget about the mandatory and optional headings. This is how the website is designed. As long you upload documents in any category its fine.

Also see:
indefinite-leave-to-remain/uploading-yo ... 96002.html
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

elj266
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by elj266 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:02 pm

Thank you CULLINAN, this picture explained everything I need to know. Have a great weekend.