ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Appointments

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sparkyram
Mood:
India

ILR Eligiblity date for the dependent

Post by sparkyram » Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:06 pm

Hello All,

I have got my british passport last year (via tier 2 Gen 5 yr, ILR 1 year and then passport)

My wife is completing 5 years in her Tier 2 dependent visa: I have following queries:

below are key dates for my wife ILR:

Visa Stamped Date :7-01-2016

Date of entry to UK: 19-01-2016

1. Can she count 5 years from Visa Issue Date or from the Date she entered UK ?
2. Can she apply ILR 28 days before her 5 year date ?
3. Also How long after getting ILR she need to wait before applying for citizenship ?

Thanks in advance guys

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: ILR Eligiblity date for the dependent

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:11 pm

She is eligible for ILR from 7/1/2021 minus 28 days. She can apply for BC straight away after ILR.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

sparkyram
Mood:
India

ILR Appointments

Post by sparkyram » Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:53 pm

Hello Guys,

1.) Have UKVI started Priority processing for ILR ?any news on when they will resume ?

2. ) On standard service the processing time is 12 to 24 weeks . should we need to submit our original passport and brp card for ILR processing ? Are we allowed to travel out of UK while ILR in process ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Appointments

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:05 pm

1. No and no.

2. No originals are submitted anymore, everything is uploaded digitally. Original passport and BRP has to be taken to ukcvas appointment for identity check. No you cannot travel. Travelling out of the UK while an application is pending will cause the application to be withdrawn and you lose thebilr fee.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sparkyram
Mood:
India

ILR documents

Post by sparkyram » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:18 pm

Hello All,

I am UK citizen (Got via Tier 2 gen route) and now am applying ILR for my wife as she completed 5 years with me in UK on tier 2 dependent visa. About to submit the application today, would like to validate few pointers:

1. Form I have used is SET (O)- Hope this is correct

2. For the question "category in which you are applying for indefinite leave to remain." -->my answer is " Skilled Worker or Tier 2 dependant"--

3. In the documents section, i can see NARIC, life in Uk,degree certificate etc But dont we need cohabitation documents as well ? why i cant see that in the list. Not sure if u made any mistake in the application.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:51 pm

Cohab docs are not generated in the checklist somehow. Checklist is not accurate always. Add the cohab docs.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

sparkyram
Mood:
India

Post by sparkyram » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:28 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:51 pm
Cohab docs are not generated in the checklist somehow. Checklist is not accurate always. Add the cohab docs.
Thanks for the reply.

Also how many months of cohab docs need to be submitted ?6 types of cohab document for every 3 months for last 2 years is sufficient ?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:35 pm

From 3/4 different sources yes.

sparkyram
Mood:
India

Post by sparkyram » Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:05 pm

Thank you.

wrt life in UK test, my wife has got email sayng that the result is pass and life in UK Test reference number which i have already entered in application. and at end of test we have not been handed over hard copy of test result.

Now i am not able to downlad soft copy as the website says account is locked. is soft copy necessary to submit or mentioning refernce number in application is enough ?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:07 pm

sparkyram wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:05 pm
Thank you.

wrt life in UK test, my wife has got email sayng that the result is pass and life in UK Test reference number which i have already entered in application. and at end of test we have not been handed over hard copy of test result.

Now i am not able to downlad soft copy as the website says account is locked. is soft copy necessary to submit or mentioning refernce number in application is enough ?
Reference number is enough. Mention that in the online application form.

sparkyram
Mood:
India

UKVCAS Help

Post by sparkyram » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:40 pm

Guys,

Not sure if this is really a problem. could you guys please help

I had an existing account with UKVCAS for my wife which she used for her previous application two years back. few weeks back without completing ILR application form i have logged into that account and booked an appointment for coming tuesday for her ILR.

yesterday i have submitted her ILR application form and after submitting i got a link in application to login UKVCAS site to book apppointment. since i have already booked one appointment i just logged in with same credentials. looks like the appointment is booked under previous applicatoion refernce (Tier 2 visa extension refernce) and ILR application has new reference .

Shuold i cancel the one with wrong reference number and book it immly with new application reference ? or should i go there on appointment day and explain the situation ?

I am not getting any slots for next few weeks for new appointment and my wife's passport is expiring in a month so not sure what i need to do now.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:47 pm

You can only book the appointment AFTER you have submitted an application online.

You need to book an appointment with the new ilr application details.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sparkyram
Mood:
India

Post by sparkyram » Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:37 pm

Thanks Guys... My wife got her ILR successfully. We have managed to cancel appointment with old reference number and book the new appointent on same time.