ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is ceremony letter processing depended on the city you applied from?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

anon192
Newly Registered

Is ceremony letter processing depended on the city you applied from?

Post by anon192 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:11 pm

Hello,

I have recently (a month ago) received a response on my application for British Citizenship by Naturalisation. I can see that many people have different delays when it comes to the ceremony letter.

Do you know if this is related to your city? If you are living in a city where there no many applications then you would expect to receive your ceremony letter faster?

Thanks

secret.simon

Re: Is ceremony letter processing depended on the city you applied from?

Post by secret.simon » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:29 pm

Please post any questions and comments about delays in the naturalisation process in this thread.

This thread will be locked to avoid a duplication of threads on the same topic.

In answer to the main question posed, citizenship ceremonies are organised by the relevant local council of the applicant and different local councils, even within the same city (such as in London), have taken very different approaches towards organising citizenship ceremonies.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.