ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Expired sponsorship license

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sarah999
Newly Registered
India

Expired sponsorship license

Post by sarah999 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:21 pm

Hi, my Tier2 visa is expiring on 18/4/2021. My employer didn’t renew the sponsorship license which expired in October 2020. They only realised about expiration mid March and submitted application for new sponsorship license on 25/3/2021. They are waiting for decision on new sponsorship license application. They can’t get priority service so far.
I have submitted exceptional assurance application and now submitting FLR(HRO).
My question is can I work for my employer while they are awaiting decision on sponsorship license and I’m waiting for exceptional assurance ? Also if when I submit my flr( HRO) and haven’t got decision on exceptional assurance can I work for them?

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Expired sponsorship license

Post by manci » Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:14 pm

sarah999 wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:21 pm
My question is can I work for my employer while they are awaiting decision on sponsorship license
Your employer is not allowed to employ you if they don't have a valid licence.

In a recent similar situation , when a sponsor omitted to renew its licence, it took 7 weeks for them to be granted a new licence (without priority) . See this post:
uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/trav ... 11960.html

Ask your employer to see if they can expedite / upgrade their licence application by paying for the priority service (cost £500)

BTW - the HO send at least 3 reminders to sponsors to renew their licence well before the expiration date.
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice