ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How much detail for "What was the reason for this time spent outside the UK?"

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

farazk86
Pakistan

How much detail for "What was the reason for this time spent outside the UK?"

Post by farazk86 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:44 pm

Hi,

just a quick question for this one.

I am now filling out my ILR application for 10 year route (Set (LR)). And during these 10 years I visited my home country over 16 times. Some were short, like 3 weeks and there are longer periods of holiday say 2-3 months.

I am just wondering how much details do I need to give for the above question for each visit? For example in one of my 3 month visit was when I got married, so naturally a longer stay. They others were just normal holidays for me to spend time with my family.

Do I need to mention all this, or can I just say "Personal visit" for each one?

Thanks

farazk86
Pakistan

Re: How much detail for "What was the reason for this time spent outside the UK?"

Post by farazk86 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:48 pm

I would also like to mention that throughout these 10 years I have maintained a continous period of stay, i.e. never once stayed away for more than 180 days in one stretch, and also have not exceeded the 540 days maximum.

I'm at 490 days outside of UK in my 10 years period

poper
Diamond Member
India

Re: How much detail for "What was the reason for this time spent outside the UK?"

Post by poper » Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:24 pm

You may state as you like. I just stated as vacation
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

farazk86
Pakistan

Post by farazk86 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:08 am

poper wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:24 pm
You may state as you like. I just stated as vacation
Thanks. I also just put in personal time / vacation.

farazk86
Pakistan

Post by farazk86 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:58 pm

I have another question related to this.

In my recent vacation/holiday to Pakistan, I came back via Qatar, Doha. I spent 1 night in Doha and got a transit visa to go out of the airport for this day.

Do I have to mention this? I'm only asking because there are entry and exit stamps on my passport for this transit visa.

If yes, then do I mention the details in the reason box? or do I add this as a separate entry?

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:37 pm

Reason box. Entry/exit date to/from UK matters only.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.