ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pre Action Protocol PAP Delayed for a long time

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

silentkameena
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Pre Action Protocol PAP Delayed for a long time

Post by silentkameena » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:03 pm

Dear Friends,
I applied for UK Standard Visitor Visa , Unfortunately my uk visa was refused.
Appointment Date: 1 October
Refusal Date: 5 October
PAP Sent : 10 October
Acknowledgement Received: 10 October
Decision Withdrawn : 22 October

I'm waiting for my PAP since 22 October 2020 , i got response on 22 October , The Decison to refuse your application has been withdrawn, on this occasion in favor of reconsideration.

i sent direct email to embassy , next day on 18 Nov i got reply "Kindly note that your case is currently being reconsidered by decision making team.

I didn't hear from them , then i sent paid email on 21 January, Home office escalated case to relevant department & gave 15 working days for a reply.

i received an email on 25 January , Again same reply "Kindly note that your case is currently being reconsidered by decision making team.

So what i'm asking is , I'm waiting for their response since 22-Oct-2020 , They didn't contact me for Additional Documents or Passport Resubmission.

What should i do now?????

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Re: Pre Action Protocol PAP Delayed for a long time

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:06 am

The issue about reconsideration cases is that they do not have fixed or published response times. So your case is essentially pushed into limbo and it becomes the whim of the Home Office as to when they deal with it.

Your case is far from unique and that is why it is sometimes better to reapply rather than wait for reconsideration. At least there are stated / expected reply times for new applications. COVID obviously changes everything at the moment but it is not unreasonable to expect a reconsideration to take less than 4 months.

The best way forward is to get your UK sponsor to push the case through their MP.

silentkameena
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by silentkameena » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:13 am

Frontier Mole wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:06 am
The issue about reconsideration cases is that they do not have fixed or published response times. So your case is essentially pushed into limbo and it becomes the whim of the Home Office as to when they deal with it.

Your case is far from unique and that is why it is sometimes better to reapply rather than wait for reconsideration. At least there are stated / expected reply times for new applications. COVID obviously changes everything at the moment but it is not unreasonable to expect a reconsideration to take less than 4 months.

The best way forward is to get your UK sponsor to push the case through their MP.
@Frontier Mole, i think you are right but as far as I know , there are some other people waiting since October 2020.
I checked different groups. Other guys are waiting as well.
I think UK embassy in Abu Dhabi has backlogs of cases.
Frontier Mole , are you from Pakistan???

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:56 am

I believe no matter where the reconsideration is taking place it is the same problem. It is not particular to Abu Dhabi and it was the case pre-COVID. This has been an issue for years.
I believe there should be a stated reconsideration time as part of their policy, it is unreasonable to just leave people for months on end without making decisions. It is almost a form of punishment for challenging their refusal, their response to the PAP when just pushes you into a black hole of nothingness. Reconsideration should in my mind take no longer than the original decision, there is no reason why it should take longer.
BTW I am not from Pakistan.

silentkameena
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by silentkameena » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:34 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:56 am
I believe no matter where the reconsideration is taking place it is the same problem. It is not particular to Abu Dhabi and it was the case pre-COVID. This has been an issue for years.
I believe there should be a stated reconsideration time as part of their policy, it is unreasonable to just leave people for months on end without making decisions. It is almost a form of punishment for challenging their refusal, their response to the PAP when just pushes you into a black hole of nothingness. Reconsideration should in my mind take no longer than the original decision, there is no reason why it should take longer.
BTW I am not from Pakistan.
@Frontier Mole, i guess they are taking my application lightly , that's why they sent same response twice. I'm going to hire a lawyer, he will send a legal reminder to embassy , hope that will make them think again.

Aea19

Post by Aea19 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:58 pm

Any update? Does anybody get reply from HO?

argnihd13
India

Post by argnihd13 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:01 am

Hi silentkameena,

Did you hear anything from the Home office?

My case is being reconsidered from May 2020, 11 months already !!!