ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Automatic Extensions by Minister Of Justice

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Malik10991
Mood:
Ireland

Automatic Extensions by Minister Of Justice

Post by Malik10991 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:23 am

Hi guys,
Just wanted to ask in regards to the grant of automatic extensions to the people whoes permissions were due to expire in April. The Minster of Justice announced that they are all given an automatic extension until September, 2021.
My leave is due to expire in April as well, how would this workout?? Would I book an appointment with the local Garda station and ask them to grant me an extension stamp? or would it count just as it is without any stamp?
Kindly tell me if you guys have any hang of it.
Kind Regards,
Malik

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Automatic Extensions by Minister Of Justice

Post by littlerr » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:44 am

You need to apply for your renewal as usual. This extension is simply to make sure that nobody will be treated as illegal immigrant due to reduced staff and extended waiting period. No new stamp will be given for this extension.

Malik10991
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Malik10991 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:39 am

littlerr wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:44 am
You need to apply for your renewal as usual. This extension is simply to make sure that nobody will be treated as illegal immigrant due to reduced staff and extended waiting period. No new stamp will be given for this extension.
What do you mean by new stamp? As in can I just book an appointment with the local immigration office and show them this notice and they will extend the permission i already have? In this case stamp 1? To further 6 months? Right?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:05 am

As I already said, no new stamp will be given based on this notice.

If you are on Stamp 1, you need to renew your Stamp 1 for another year or apply for Stamp 4 depending on your situation.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/re ... new-permit