ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(O) - most recent payslip date

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mi_kon

Re: SET(O) - most recent payslip date

Post by mi_kon » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:31 pm

So I understand it's probably the going rate. In this case, I need a new letter from my employer to state that my salary is higher than 36k, instead of 30k. Hopefully, that's a little change? If the letter date is before the application date, can I still submit the application?

mi_kond
Newly Registered

Post by mi_kond » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:25 pm

I have a super-priority biometrics appointment booked in 3 weeks and I've got a job offer that I plan to accept and to start a new job in a couple of months. Assuming my ILR application is successful, is there anything I need to worry about in this situation if I give my notice now? thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:36 pm

Your sponsor must need you for the foreseeable future. If you give notice before your ILR is granted, then you may fail the ILR requirement.
The eligibility rules (paragraph SW 24.1.) require the sponsor to still hold a Skilled
Worker licence. The sponsor must confirm they require the applicant to work for
them for the foreseeable future, and the applicant will be paid at least the minimum
salary in paragraph SW 24.3. for the foreseeable future.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... .0-ext.pdf
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

mi_kond
Newly Registered

Post by mi_kond » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:04 am

Thanks Zimba. As I understand, this applies to the state of things on the date of application? However, if I give my notice after the application submitted online, this shouldn't change the circumstances of the application?
Sorry, this waiting period is really so long!

Also, doesn't the notice period count as 'foreseeable future'? The wording is extremely vague to me...

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:00 pm

mi_kond wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:04 am
Thanks Zimba. As I understand, this applies to the state of things on the date of application? However, if I give my notice after the application submitted online, this shouldn't change the circumstances of the application?
Sorry, this waiting period is really so long!

Also, doesn't the notice period count as 'foreseeable future'? The wording is extremely vague to me...
The foreseeable future is self-explanatory. If you intend to leave your job or your sponsor does not want you, your ILR may fail. ILR is based on the idea that your current role will continue
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

mi_kon

Post by mi_kon » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:18 am

So if it fails, I will need to apply for a skilled worker visa with the new employer and then for an ilr again?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:33 am

mi_kon wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:18 am
So if it fails, I will need to apply for a skilled worker visa with the new employer and then for an ilr again?
Yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mi_kond
Newly Registered

Post by mi_kond » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:58 am

Hello, my ILR application was successful, many thanks for all your help here!!

Just a quick question, the email says
"If you already hold a BRP from a previous grant of leave, or you were issued with a replacement, you must now return it to the Home Office as it is no longer valid."
1. I've got two BRP cards - the first one which expired already and the most recent with the expiry date next year. Do I need to send both?

2. Do I need to put a stamp on the envelope?

3. Is there any timeline I need to do that? I would prefer to wait for my new BRP to arrive first...

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:32 am

1. Yes
2. It is NOT a free post address. Post them normally. You must pay postage somehow :?
3. No