ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR or further FLR (M) extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Lana8
Newly Registered

ILR or further FLR (M) extension

Post by Lana8 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:13 pm

Hello everyone!

I have some concerns regarding my application and I hope someone will be able to help me... This is my situation:
My partner is British citizen.
On 22.03.2016 I was granted initial entry clearance  under 5 year Family Route ( unmarried partner)
On 15.09.2016 - entered in UK
On 10.12.2018 - FLR (M) issued
On 02.07.2021- FLR (M) is due to expire
I would be eligible to apply for ILR on 18.08.21 ( 28 days before 5th anniversary of the entry in UK). This means I'm 47 days short for qualifying 60 month period. Is there any options for me instead of applying for another extension? Or if I apply for additional extension then vary it to ILR? I'm not sure how it works in my case...
Will HO calculate the qualifying period from the date that my visa expires of from the date of decision?

Appreciate your time and help

Regards
Lana

haidhu80
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: ILR or further FLR (M) extension

Post by haidhu80 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:49 pm

When you say unmarried partner, do you mean Fiancé?

haidhu80
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by haidhu80 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:54 pm

In my opinion, you might have two options.

First, apply for FLR (m) and after the qualifying period, vary it to SET (M).

Or apply for SET (M) and explain in the covering letter, but this will be very risky as it will be the discretion of the Home Office to accept it or not. So although it will be expensive but it will be better to apply for further leave and then vary it to settlement.

Lana8
Newly Registered

Post by Lana8 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:26 pm

haidhu80 wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:54 pm
In my opinion, you might have two options.

First, apply for FLR (m) and after the qualifying period, vary it to SET (M).

Or apply for SET (M) and explain in the covering letter, but this will be very risky as it will be the discretion of the Home Office to accept it or not. So although it will be expensive but it will be better to apply for further leave and then vary it to settlement.
Thank you so much for your response!
It looks like the best option is to apply for additional FLR (m) first.

If you are able to help me with another thing i will be so grateful..

The question is :
Choose the reason you are applying for an extension

- additional extension as a partner

- you delayed your travel to the UK by more than 3 months after the issue of a visa and have not yet completed the required amount of time on a partner visa.

Is it ok to choose a first option?

Thank you!

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:39 pm

Lana8 wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:13 pm
On 22.03.2016 I was granted initial entry clearance  under 5 year Family Route ( unmarried partner)
Lana8 wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:26 pm
- you delayed your travel to the UK by more than 3 months after the issue of a visa and have not yet completed the required amount of time on a partner visa.
The second option seems more accurate?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Lana8
Newly Registered

Post by Lana8 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:57 pm

vinny wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:39 pm
Lana8 wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:13 pm
Lana8 wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:26 pm
The second option seems more accurate?
Yes it does seem more accurate for me as well. I'm just confused what is the right thing to do as in my case both options seems suitable

Thanks for your reply

haidhu80
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by haidhu80 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:05 pm

Although, it will be expensive but apply for FLR(M) and once you complete the qualifying time, send a letter to the Home Office requesting to vary your application to SET (M), (Forward them your Life in the UK and B1 English test as well). They will most probably vary it to SET (M).

Best of luck with your application.

Lana8
Newly Registered

Post by Lana8 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:48 pm

haidhu80 wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:05 pm
Although, it will be expensive but apply for FLR(M) and once you complete the qualifying time, send a letter to the Home Office requesting to vary your application to SET (M), (Forward them your Life in the UK and B1 English test as well). They will most probably vary it to SET (M).

Thanks so much for your advice, it means a lot in this stressful journey

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:09 am

haidhu80 wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:05 pm

No. You make a new SET(M) application online.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.