ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion on naturalization applications

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

BootaKHAN

Re: General discussion on naturalization applications

Post by BootaKHAN » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:30 pm

Hello ,

May I ask how log it is usually taking now a days to get certificate from HO after approval ?

Many Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:31 pm

BootaKHAN wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:30 pm
Hello ,

May I ask how log it is usually taking now a days to get certificate from HO after approval ?

Many Thanks
Follow:
british-citizenship/citizenship-ceremon ... 99323.html
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Música

Post by Música » Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:09 pm

Hi everyone, applied for naturalisation 6th December 2020 received an email from HO saying my application has been received on the 8th December 2020. Luckily got an appointment with UKVCAS same day 8th December 2020 ( keep logging in and you will find an appointment ) worked for me. Once there everything was very quick, all done within 30 minutes. Good luck to everyone and hopefully good news will come to all

Música

Post by Música » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:09 pm

Hi folks, I applied for naturalisation last month 6th December 2020. I have one default on my credit check which is in dispute... long story short, I got a loan in 2016 and in 2017 I paid that loan partially to a debt company but in 2019 Barclays sold that debt to another debt collection company, I was soo fed up and I ignored them until September 2020 when I decided to given them a call, I asked for documents to proof that I’m liable for that debt as my argument is that I partially paid it. They are unable to provide with evidence that I’m liable for that debt and therefore I’m not happy to pay a penny to the debt collection company. Legally they can’t take me to court and I’m happy to pay only if they can proof that I’m liable for that debt. On my application for naturalisation I didn’t mention it as I thought you only have to declare CCJ or Bankruptcy.. apart from that I don’t have any other debt or CCJ. Do you guys think is important to send a cover letter to home offices explaining the situation even though is not a CCJ? Or should I leave like this? I already make a mistake with my application by sending an expire English test ( i already did another English test and I sent it to home offices) just wondering what is the best thing to do? Thank you

Música

Post by Música » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:16 pm

Música wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:09 pm
Hi folks, I applied for naturalisation last month 6th December 2020. I have one default on my credit check which is in dispute... long story short, I got a loan in 2016 and in 2017 I paid that loan partially to a debt company but in 2019 Barclays sold that debt to another debt collection company, I was soo fed up and I ignored them until September 2020 when I decided to given them a call, I asked for documents to proof that I’m liable for that debt as my argument is that I partially paid it. They are unable to provide with evidence that I’m liable for that debt and therefore I’m not happy to pay a penny to the debt collection company. Legally they can’t take me to court and I’m happy to pay only if they can proof that I’m liable for that debt. On my application for naturalisation I didn’t mention it as I thought you only have to declare CCJ or Bankruptcy.. apart from that I don’t have any other debt or CCJ. Do you guys think is important to send a cover letter to home offices explaining the situation even though is not a CCJ? Or should I leave like this? I already make a mistake with my application by sending an expire English test ( i already did another English test and I sent it to home offices) just wondering what is the best thing to do? Thank you

I really appreciate if any moderators or someone familiar with my case can advice me on what is the best thing to do. Thank you guys

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:21 pm

Música wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:09 pm
No need to declare if you do not have a CCJ in place. This is a civil matter between you and the lender. If the lender takes you to court and gets a CCJ against you, then you will have to declare it.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Música

Post by Música » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:28 pm

Thank you so much!!!! I really appreciate your advice :)

vahidfar
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by vahidfar » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:37 pm

Hi all,
I submitted and paid for my naturalisation application on 19th of July 2020 and received a confirmation email on 14th of August.
I also attended biometric appointment early September and since then it has been radio silence until 30th of December that I received an email from MMST FMT as follows:

'We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible.
This is because it is taking longer than usual to process applications because of coronavirus (COVID-19). This will not affect the decision.
We expect to make a decision on your application as soon as possible, but we will write to you again if this is not going to be possible."

Has anyone else received an email like this and does this mean that a caseworker just started looking into my application around the date of 30th of December?

Also now that it's over 6 months of my submission, is it worth chasing them or should I just wait?

Many thanks

sandb
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by sandb » Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:51 am

Hi, I applied in July 2020 and I received the same email from MMST FMT on 27th January 2021 saying it taking longer due to covid-19.
I had no issues in the last 10 year period with no gaps. I have always been on a Student visa, PSW and Tier 2 company sponsorship. I do not know why it's taking longer.

vahidfar
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by vahidfar » Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:53 am

vahidfar wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:37 pm
Hi all,
I submitted and paid for my naturalisation application on 19th of July 2020 and received a confirmation email on 14th of August.
I also attended biometric appointment early September and since then it has been radio silence until 30th of December that I received an email from MMST FMT as follows:

'We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible.
This is because it is taking longer than usual to process applications because of coronavirus (COVID-19). This will not affect the decision.
We expect to make a decision on your application as soon as possible, but we will write to you again if this is not going to be possible."

Has anyone else received an email like this and does this mean that a caseworker just started looking into my application around the date of 30th of December?

Also now that it's over 6 months of my submission, is it worth chasing them or should I just wait?

Many thanks
I received my decision yesterday(26th) and it's been successful

TF1
Newly Registered

Post by TF1 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:44 pm

Hi All,

Just wanted to ask about other applicants' experience who applied for Naturalisation towards the end of October 2020. From the timelines, it seems as though the application processing has really slowed down/stopped since the January lockdown (perhaps due to limited staffing). The last approvals some weeks back were from around 26th/27th October submission but since then approvals are only coming for people who applied in June/July. Just wondering if anyone has any information on what is going on and whether processing speed is likely to improve in February.

Also, if the Home Office system shows the application status as 'In Progress', does it mean it is being actively considered by a caseworker or that it is still in a queue. Any thoughts?

Many thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:49 pm

TF1 wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:44 pm
Hi All,

Just wanted to ask about other applicants' experience who applied for Naturalisation towards the end of October 2020. From the timelines, it seems as though the application processing has really slowed down/stopped since the January lockdown (perhaps due to limited staffing). The last approvals some weeks back were from around 26th/27th October submission but since then approvals are only coming for people who applied in June/July. Just wondering if anyone has any information on what is going on and whether processing speed is likely to improve in February.

Also, if the Home Office system shows the application status as 'In Progress', does it mean it is being actively considered by a caseworker or that it is still in a queue. Any thoughts?

Many thanks.
There are existing topics already with these discussions.

british-citizenship/biometrics-appointm ... l#p1985805

british-citizenship/citizenship-ceremon ... l#p1986224
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

TF1
Newly Registered

Post by TF1 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:12 pm

Thanks CR001! Would you recommend I post my query on one of these threads?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:15 pm

TF1 wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:12 pm
Thanks CR001! Would you recommend I post my query on one of these threads?
Yes
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

haslk
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by haslk » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:33 pm

I applied for naturalisation on the 16th of August 2020, and duly enrolled my biometrics (via the app) and submitted all relevant documents on the 5th of September 2020.

On the 26th of December 2020 I emailed furthernationalityenquiries asking for a status update on my application. I had received no further contact after enrolling biometrics, not even an acknowledgement.

On the 21st of January 2021 I received an email from MMST FMT stating
" We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible. Following our assessment of your case, unfortunately it appears your application will not be processed within the 6 month target. This is because it is taking longer than usual to process applications because of coronavirus (COVID-19). This will not affect the decision. We expect to make a decision on your application as soon as possible, but we will write to you again if this is not going to be possible."

haslk
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by haslk » Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:19 pm

On 25/02/2021 I contacted my MP and requested kindly to contact UKVI on my behalf.
On 22/03/2021 I received confirmation that my application has been successful.

p3orion
Newly Registered
Japan

Post by p3orion » Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:12 pm

Hi,

I have a question with regards to the date on the Certificate.

<Background>
Family application – non-EU (5yr Sole Rep visa & 1+ year ILR),
with 2 children (both born abroad and had ILR in 2019 at the same time as the parents)

- Date applied: 02 June 2020
- Approval date (email from Home Office): 02 October 2020
- Date of Ceremony: 03 April 2021 (today)

<Issues>
When given the certificates after the ceremony, we noticed there are discrepancies in the dates on the certificates.

- Date on Certificate of Naturalisation as a British Citizen (for adult): 03 April 2021 – handwritten by the local council.
- Date on Certificate of Registration as a British Citizen (children): 02 October 2020 – pre-printed by the Home Office.

<Question>
Why different certificate dates for the adult and for the children?
Is this what it is, or is this an error by the Home Office and I should request them to correct?

I thought the children born abroad to non-British parents become British ONLY WHEN the parent(s) become naturalised after the Ceremony, so the Registration Certificate for the children should also be dated 03 April 2021 (date of Ceremony), not the date of application approval letter (02 October 2021).
Last edited by p3orion on Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:13 pm

p3orion wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:12 pm
Hi,

<Background>
with 2 children (both born abroad and had ILR in 2019 at the same time as the parents)

<Issues>
When given the certificates after the ceremony, we noticed there are discrepancies in the dates on the certificates.

- Date on Certificate of Naturalisation (for adult): 03 April 2021 – handwritten by the local council.
- Date on Certificate of Registration (children): 02 October 2020 – pre-printed by the Home Office.

<Question>
Is this what it is, or is this an error by the Home Office and I should request them to correct?

I thought the children born abroad to non-British parents become British ONLY WHEN the parent(s) become naturalised after the Ceremony, so the Registration Certificate for the children should also be dated 03 April 2021 (date of Ceremony), not the date of application approval letter (02 October 2021).
Children are British from date of approval and certificate being printed because they don't attend a ceremony.

Adults are only British once they attend their ceremony, which is why your date is different.

There is no error.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

p3orion
Newly Registered
Japan

Post by p3orion » Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:19 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:13 pm
p3orion wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:12 pm
Hi,

<Background>

<Issues>

- Date on Certificate of Naturalisation (for adult): 03 April 2021 – handwritten by the local council.
- Date on Certificate of Registration (children): 02 October 2020 – pre-printed by the Home Office.

<Question>

Children are British from date of approval and certificate being printed because they don't attend a ceremony.

Adults are only British once they attend their ceremony, which is why your date is different.

There is no error.
Thank you CR001 for prompt response! That is all clear to me now.
I didn't realise my kids have already been British since 6 months ago!

BootaKHAN

Post by BootaKHAN » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:12 pm

Anyone please ,

If any one have suggestion for , my citizenship was approve about 10 months ago . I have done BIO etc last year and after 6 month I have received approval and certificate. Ceremony was completed etc .

Now I received email from HO asking me to book BIO as I’ve no done yet which is bit odd and I been told my application may be rejected while I don’t have any citizenship application pending as mentioned above I had my citizenship about 10 months ago .

Email was received from nationality CovidUKCAD

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Echinol
Mood:

Post by Echinol » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:25 am

Hi all,

I was reading on this forum and just wanna ask experienced member here a question. I just sent an email to home office about an update for my application and I received an email yesterday saying my case is awating allocation to a caseworker. Anyone with the same experience got reply how many days later after this answer?

Many thanks.

dapsandhugs
Newly Registered

Post by dapsandhugs » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:26 pm

More like a random approval, regardless of application date.

Echinol
Mood:

Post by Echinol » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:52 am

Hi all,

it looks like home office not dealing to process the new applications, they look like they are cleaning backlog. I just realized on naturalization timeline forum people either just stopped to share their approval or there is no progress on home office side.

What do you think?

Thanks.

Echinol
Mood:

Post by Echinol » Tue May 04, 2021 7:26 pm

Hi all is anyone received any approval from February 2021 application? Thanks.

iceman809
Taiwan

Post by iceman809 » Tue May 04, 2021 8:04 pm

I applied and biometric on 7/02/ 2021 and 04/03/ 2021 , I am still waiting. I think it will take a while, because I haven’t seen any approval for the February 2021 application. :shock: