ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do one need both AQUALS and ELPS if engineering degree is from India

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Swareeth
Newly Registered

Do one need both AQUALS and ELPS if engineering degree is from India

Post by Swareeth » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:42 pm

Hi Pals,

Apologies but I couldn't find a clear answer, hence posting this query which may be duplicate.

If one has got engineering degree from India and holding ILR for 5 years. Would that naturalisation applicant need to produce both AQUALS And ELPS certificates from NARIC. I feel it's bit too much, as the previous ILR application went through well with the same degree.

Following documents are in place already:

1. Degree certificate in english
2. Marksheets in english
3. English Medium letter from Registrar of University

Taken from guidance book:
"If your degree is not from a UK university you’ll need:

a copy of your degree certificate
an Academic Qualification Level Statement (AQUALS) from Ecctis (formerly UK NARIC) confirming the degree is equivalent to a UK qualification.
If your degree is from a non-majority English-speaking country you’ll also need an English Language Proficiency Statement (ELPS) from Ecctis confirming the degree was taught in English
."

Thanks,
S

secret.simon

Re: Do one need both AQUALS and ELPS if engineering degree is from India

Post by secret.simon » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:29 pm

Do you have ILR under the UK Immigration Rules? And if so, did you meet the English language requirements at that stage?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Swareeth
Newly Registered

Post by Swareeth » Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:19 pm

Thanks for your reply. Yes I’ve ILR since 5 years. I used self assessment point based calculator to gain 10 points for English language stating my 4 years engineering degree.

Swareeth
Newly Registered

Post by Swareeth » Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:40 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:29 pm
Do you have ILR under the UK Immigration Rules? And if so, did you meet the English language requirements at that stage?
Any update for me please?