ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

E vetting letter

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Chap1122
Zimbabwe

E vetting letter

Post by Chap1122 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:11 pm

Hi guys I am non EU applied in March 2019.Second stage since July 2019.

Just got a letter to be sent for e vetting consent.

Does it mean anything positive?

I thought they would have done vetting in the initials stages.

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Re: E vetting letter

Post by Vorona » Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:47 pm

Explain better, add a photo of the letter without your personal details.
Garda vetting is part of the processing already and is normally carried out at the second stage without any letters asking for consent.

Shakey

Post by Shakey » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:01 pm

Looking at your timeline I would say you will probably get approved in the next batch seen as though they seem to be concentrating on older cases at the moment.

My understanding is new applications will be asked to add their pre-prepared e-vetting report with their applications which should speed things up a bit in regards to application processing. For once it looks like someone has actually structurally looked at the process to try and work out how they can clear the backlog faster. Good news indeed.

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:02 pm

It appears that Garda vetting process was amended according to this update from 9 of April:

https://www.gov.ie/en/press-release/e00 ... -citizens/

"From this week, eVetting has been introduced in the naturalisation process, replacing the manual Garda Vetting process, which was resource intensive and time consuming for all involved. Applicants will now complete the vetting process online, submitting the result directly to the Citizenship team to enable the timely processing of their application."

Share the content of the letter. Will be interesting to see if more people report the same. It may well be the case that applicants will now be informed in writing when criminal background checks are carried out.

Chap1122
Zimbabwe

Post by Chap1122 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:13 pm

Hi
My question is I had FOI a year ago and they had my Garda vetting done.

Content of letter is

Dead zyz

Please attach the consent for Garda vetting and send it as soon as possible.

Xyz
CMU 4

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:19 pm

It's normal. They often request repeated Garda vettings on the same applicant.
Still it's strange that they're asking for a consent.

Just give them your consent. At least it''s an update.

Chap1122
Zimbabwe

Post by Chap1122 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:31 pm

With this department everything is strange

ChristinaLeary
Turkey

Post by ChristinaLeary » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:02 am

How is the new process of e-vetting done? I have looked at Garda's website and it says to have an invitation form to be obtained from relevant organization ( in this case, might be citizenship office) and then fill it out and send it over to the relevant organization and then they will send an email link for e vetting.

Do we know how does this process of obtaining the manual invitation from from the citizenship department works?

anyo30
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by anyo30 » Fri May 28, 2021 12:12 pm

Hi Guys,

My wife got an email for e vetting and we submitted back all information and they came back to us that the application is cancelled for the reason: You have now submitted your middle name, you were not asked for your middle name. You were asked to provide both your full maiden name, which you have done and your married name, which you have not yet supplied.

It seems to be a mistake,because her maiden name and married name is the same , she did not changed.

Is anyone gone through similar situation,because we dont know what to do next.Thanks

Dodi412
Ireland

Post by Dodi412 » Sat May 29, 2021 7:47 pm

anyo30 wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 12:12 pm
Hi Guys,

My wife got an email for e vetting and we submitted back all information and they came back to us that the application is cancelled for the reason: You have now submitted your middle name, you were not asked for your middle name. You were asked to provide both your full maiden name, which you have done and your married name, which you have not yet supplied.

It seems to be a mistake,because her maiden name and married name is the same , she did not changed.

Is anyone gone through similar situation,because we dont know what to do next.Thanks

Hey! How long did they take to reply?

anyo30
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by anyo30 » Sun May 30, 2021 9:00 am

It took 2 days until they reply with the email that something was wrong
Hi Guys,

[/quote]

Hey! How long did they take to reply?
[/quote]

Dodi412
Ireland

Post by Dodi412 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:00 am

Did anyone here get an approval after the e verting?