ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long Term ILR or family visa

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

anithap
Newly Registered
India

Query on Extension of PBS dependent Visa

Post by anithap » Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:12 am

Hi,

I am currently on ICT T2 Long Term LEAVE TO ENTER, ending on 28-Mar-2021. My husband is on ICT T2 Long Term LEAVE TO REMAIN, ending on 09-Aug-21 and my son is on PBS DEPENDENT LEAVE TO REMAIN, ending on 28-Mar-2021. I have applied for 10 year Long Term Residence for myself only, there is a high chance that a decision may not be available before mine and my sons current visa ending on 28-Mar-21.
In this scenario can my husband apply for an extension of our son's PBS DEPENDENT LEAVE TO REMAIN? Or can my son continue in the current visa until i get a decision on the long term residence application is done?

Thanks,
Anitha

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Query on Extension of PBS dependent Visa

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:15 am

Where is your son born? UK or abroad?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

anithap
Newly Registered
India

Post by anithap » Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:31 pm

He is born in Uk and currently holding PBS dependent visa

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:34 pm

You can register the UK born child as British once either parent gets ilr. The child does NOT need a valid visa or ilr to do this.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

anithap
Newly Registered
India

Post by anithap » Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:15 pm

Thanks for your response.
My son's current dependent visa is only till 28th March 2021, and my ILR decision might take longer than March 2021 due to unavailability of priority visa services.
So If I file british citizen ship for him after I get ILR decision will it be considered as overstay as he might not be holding any visa for a period after 28th March till my ILR decision?

Inline with your comment below, Which application form should I be using for my son to register as British?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:27 pm

will it be considered as overstay as he might not be holding any visa for a period after 28th March till my ILR decision?
No.
Inline with your comment below, Which application form should I be using for my son to register as British?
MN1.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

anithap
Newly Registered
India

SET (LR) Application Status online

Post by anithap » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:53 pm

Hi,

I have submitted my SET(LR) application online 28th dec 2020 and have appeared for biometrics on 22nd Feb.
When i login to https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/ site to check my application status, it shows Mandatory actions
Download and sign the verification checks consent form

I have submitted the form earlier along with the other mandatory documents before appearing for Biometrics.
Have anybody logged in to https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/ site after submitting the application and appearing for biometric. Is it normal to show mandatory Action list even after you have submitted the application. Just trying to understand if I have missed anything here while submitting the application.

Thanks and Regards,
Anitha

zimba
Mood:

Re: SET (LR) Application Status online

Post by zimba » Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:32 pm

Ignore what is on that page. Your application is submitted for processing when you attend your biometrics but that page does not change
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

anithap
Newly Registered
India

Re: SET (LR) Application Status online

Post by anithap » Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:14 pm

Thanks for your confirmation :)

anithap
Newly Registered
India

SET (LR) Upgrading the standard application to 'Super Priority Visa'

Post by anithap » Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:15 pm

Hi ,

I have applied for set(LR) via standard service in 28th Dec-2020 as Super Priority Visa was not available and I am awaiting the decision email from UKVCAS.

1. I need to travel out of UK, Is there a way I can upgrade my visa to 'Super Priority Visa'?
2. I was on Tier 2 ICT visa and its expired on 28th march -2021. What are the option available to get the ILR decision faster so that I can travel out of UK ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: SET (LR) Upgrading the standard application to 'Super Priority Visa'

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:25 pm

1. No there is no way to "upgrade" to super priority after biomterics have been enrolled.

2. There aren't really any "options" other than waiting.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

anithap
Newly Registered
India

Post by anithap » Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:35 pm

Thanks for your response

Can I withdraw the application and re-apply via super priority option.

If so how to withdraw the application is it via the customer service or do we have any form to submit?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:44 pm

anithap wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:35 pm
Thanks for your response

Can I withdraw the application and re-apply via super priority option.

If so how to withdraw the application is it via the customer service or do we have any form to submit?
Assuming you have already submitted your biometrics, if you withdraw you will loose your fees. Also, your current visa is expired, if you withdraw now, you will be an overstayer.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

anithap
Newly Registered
India

Long Term ILR or family visa

Post by anithap » Sun May 02, 2021 9:24 pm

Hi,

I have completed my 10 years in UK and currently residing in uk(July 2010 to May 2021) , but I have a gap of 181 days during (July 2012 to Jan 2013). Hence I have not applied for ILR and I am currently on tier 2 ICT . My spouse has now received ILR in Apr 2021 visa and we are planning to register our son as British citizen.

My query is do I have an option to apply for ILR or do I need to move to family visa and apply for ILR after December 2022?

secret.simon

Re: Long Term ILR or family visa

Post by secret.simon » Mon May 03, 2021 10:16 am

Keep in mind that only whole days outside the UK are absences for the purpose of applications under the Immigration Rules.

So, both the date of departure and the date of arrival in the UK do not count as absences.

If you have a look at your absences and count only whole days outside the UK, do they still go above 180 days or are they now 180 days or less?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

anithap
Newly Registered
India

Post by anithap » Mon May 03, 2021 7:05 pm

Hi,

We have excluded the days of departure and arrival. I departed UK on 21-Jul-2012 and arrived UK on 19-Jan-2013. The 181 days are counted from 22-Jul-2012 to 18-Jan-2013.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon May 03, 2021 11:31 pm

Discretion very likley will be applied
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

anithap
Newly Registered
India

Post by anithap » Tue May 04, 2021 6:50 pm

Hi, Thanks for the response. If i move into a dependent visa, will this have any challenge or restrictions on
1. UK employment
2. Salary
3. Additional tax and ability to buy home in UK

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed May 05, 2021 10:43 am

anithap wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 6:50 pm
Hi, Thanks for the response. If i move into a dependent visa, will this have any challenge or restrictions on
1. UK employment
2. Salary
3. Additional tax and ability to buy home in UK
No