ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Registering child as British/ Naturalisation.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ariesnr
Mood:
India

Registering child as British/ Naturalisation.

Post by ariesnr » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:32 pm

Hi All,

Just need some clarification regarding British citizenship application.I am a naturalised British Citizen from 2011.My dependent child ( 10 years old)and wife have recently got ILR.Iam planning to apply for citizenship for both of them.Child was born in India 1 month after i got my ILR in 2010.For various reasons wife and child have ben living in India/UK back and forth till 2015 and then continiously in UK only.So they both applied and got ILR this year only. My questions are

1.Wife can apply for naturalisation as spouse immediately after geting ILR( as she has been in UK for last 5 years)-she will have to use AN form right?

2.Dependent child -will the child be naturalised as British Citizen or be registered as British Citizen? So what is the difference between these two ?

3.Does the child use a MN1 form or use addidional applicant in my wifes AN application form itself ?

4.Are there any difference in entitlements between a naturalised british citizen and a registered british citizen ie particularly in relation to rights for british citizenship to the offsprings of my child?Like if they are born in UK or abroad etc?

5.For naturalisation application for wife do we have to provide Tax returns /bank statements etc for 3 years ?

6.Just a curious question... I presume my child was discretionaraly eligible to be registered as a British citizen as soon as she was born ( born abroad though) as i was having ILR ...Just wondering why immigration solicitors ( at least the ones i have been with )dont advice /encourage this option ?

Thank a lot for all your advice.
Regards.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Registering child as British/ Naturalisation.

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:40 pm

1. Correct yes, provided she meets all the requirements to apply based on 3 years residence, including the physically present in the uk exactly 3 years ago requirment.

2. Children are registered. Only adults are naturalised. No difference really, same end result. Adults attend a ceremony before they become British, children do not.

3. Yes, MN1, but the new inline form should give an option to add a family member.

4. No difference. A child born abroad to your child for example, would only be British by descent and wouldnt be able to pass citizenship to their children born abroad.

5. No.

6. No the child was NOT eligible for British citizenship if born abroad to an ilr holder parent.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ariesnr
Mood:
India

Re: Registering child as British/ Naturalisation.

Post by ariesnr » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:52 pm

Thanks a lot for the quick reply..your answers are very helpful ...Thanks.