ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please share your view .

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

New on forum
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Please share your view .

Post by New on forum » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:50 pm

I am asking on behalf of a friend who is married partner of a relevant person of Northern Ireland and applied Euss family permit for his parent .
Today his parent received the following email from ECO,

Thank you for your application for a EU Settlement Scheme (EUSS) Family Permit.

You have applied for an EUSS family permit on the basis that your sponsor is a ‘Relevant Person of Northern Ireland’ without EU Settlement Scheme status. However, it is noted from Home Office records that your sponsor has renounced their British Citizenship on 13 February 2015. Your sponsor is therefore solely an Irish Citizen, and not a British and Irish Citizen, and as such does not fall under the definition of ‘Relevant Person of Northern Ireland’.

However, it appears that the application type that that you have chosen appears to be incorrect. Before continuing with the consideration of your application, we are able to switch your application to EUSS Irish Sponsor Without Status Family Permit.

Could you please reply to this email confirming that you consent to switching your application from ‘Relevant Person of Northern Ireland without EUSS status’ to EUSS Irish Sponsor Without Status Family Permit.

:roll: They are correct that she renounced the British citizenship on the date mentioned but she still remains a relevant person of Northern Ireland .
I think that they have got the definition of relevant person of NI wrong this time please share your opinion .

Thanks

secret.simon

Re: Please share your view .

Post by secret.simon » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:02 pm

If the person meets the definition below, then they are a "relevant person of Northern Ireland".
a person who:

(a) is:
(i) a British citizen; or
(ii) an Irish citizen; or
(iii) a British citizen and an Irish citizen; and

(b) was born in Northern Ireland and, at the time of the person’s birth, at least one of their parents was:
(iii) a British citizen and an Irish citizen; or
(iv) otherwise entitled to reside in Northern Ireland without any restriction on their period of residence
The crucial requirements to be a "relevant person of Northern Ireland" is birth in NI AND the status of either one parent at the time of birth.

Does the person meet both requirements? Assuming that both conditions are met, and the person is an Irish citizen, then yes, that person is a "relevant person of Northern Ireland".
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

New on forum
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by New on forum » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:08 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:02 pm
If the person meets the definition below, then they are a "relevant person of Northern Ireland".
a person who:

(a) is:
(iii) a British citizen and an Irish citizen; and

(b) was born in Northern Ireland and, at the time of the person’s birth, at least one of their parents was:
(iii) a British citizen and an Irish citizen; or
(iv) otherwise entitled to reside in Northern Ireland without any restriction on their period of residence
The crucial requirements to be a "relevant person of Northern Ireland" is birth in NI AND the status of either one parent at the time of birth.

Does the person meet both requirements? Assuming that both conditions are met, and the person is an Irish citizen, then yes, that person is a "relevant person of Northern Ireland".
Thanks for your reply ,
Yes the person is native white Irish for as far back as we can go and both parents of the person were born in Northern Ireland too and were Irish and British citizens .
Documents were provided accordingly the birth certificate of the parson with Irish passport and the birth certificate of the persons mother

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:27 pm

New on forum wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:08 pm
Yes the person is native white Irish for as far back as we can go
Was the person born in NI?

refer also to this publication:
https://borderpeople.info/site/wp-conte ... er-CAJ.pdf
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

New on forum