ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of living in the UK - Right documents to provide if applying as spouse of British Citizen?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

wenster789
Newly Registered

Proof of living in the UK - Right documents to provide if applying as spouse of British Citizen?

Post by wenster789 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:09 pm

Applying for British Citizenship as spouse of British Citizen ( 3 year route). I already have an ILR.
What are the right documents that I should provide as Proof of living in the UK for 3 years. The text below says bank statements and other letters are not applicable. I am not employed, so not sure what else I can provide.
Proof of living in the UK for XXX for 5 years if applying in your own right or 3 years if applying as the spouse of a British Citizen
If you are married to, or in a civil partnership with, a British citizen, you must have been in the UK for the past 3 years.

If you are not married, or in a civil partnership with, a British citizen, you must have been in the UK for the past 5 years.

If you are an EEA National, you need to include letters from employers, educational establishments or other government departments, indicating your presence in the UK during the relevant 3- or 5-year period.

If you are a Non-EEA National, you need to include your passport to prove you have lived in the UK for the relevant 3- or 5-year period.

If you do not have your passport or it was not stamped when you entered the UK, you need to include letters (for example, from your employer or government department) as proof.

Bank statements or household bills are not suitable proof you have been living in the UK.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Proof of living in the UK - Right documents to provide if applying as spouse of British Citizen?

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:43 pm

Passport only.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

wenster789
Newly Registered

Re: Proof of living in the UK - Right documents to provide if applying as spouse of British Citizen?

Post by wenster789 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:37 am

I understand passports are no longer sent as there is a Biometric appointment. Should I upload the full passport to UKVCS website?

Also another question. How should the referres sign the online application. Do they get an email and they have to sign it online or do I need to send a paper document?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:43 am

You need to upload the passport, bio page and all stamped pages.

Referees do not get an email. You need to print the forms, paste your photos on and send or take to them to sign. Scan and upload both with supporting documents before biometric appointment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.