ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EUSS Processing times

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

verty
Newly Registered

EUSS Processing times

Post by verty » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:39 am

Hi,

I applied for my EUSS last Tuesday. I already applied for permanent residence and obtained it three years ago. So when I did my online application it said I should be eligible for settled status.

I am living in the UK on my Italian passport. I have been living here for 10 years this year.

It says the processing times are usually 5 working days, what are peoples experiences with this? I still haven't heard anything back and my application is pretty straight forward.

I am very concerned about the cut off date. I didn't anticipate I would have to apply for the EUSS as I applied to become a British national in December last year but still have not heard anything back about my application so I was forced to safeguard my stay and apply for EUSS.

My concern here is that I wont hear anything back by June 30th and then what?

senseisensei
Newly Registered

Re: EUSS Processing times

Post by senseisensei » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:00 am

Hi!

I have also applied on Tuesday 6th April. Haven't heard back yet. I will keep you posted when I get any updates. Let me know if you get any updates on your end.

Cheers

verty
Newly Registered

Post by verty » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:28 pm

Ohhh ok thank you! Have you applied for pre or settled status? I have heard the home office is jammed with last minute applications, however they still haven't updated their processing times on the website which is pretty poor communication in my opinion!

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:39 pm

verty wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:28 pm
they still haven't updated their processing times on the website which is pretty poor communication in my opinion!
Not poor communication, but policy. Look at this Freedom of information request, asking for up-to-date processing times for 2021. It has been denied.

They do not have the intention (or the obligation, apparently) of updating processing times because, on balance, they consider it is in the public interest to focus the working time of their staff in actually processing applications rather than in creating statistics on demand. Not saying I agree, just reporting on their official position.

Your best bet at getting the latest processing times is by looking at the thread here.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

rachellynn1972
Member of Standing

Post by rachellynn1972 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:26 pm

This was an email i got from them for.

Dear XXXXXXXXXXX

Regarding Visa Application: XXXXXXXXX

Your online application has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer.

Please note 15 day service standards refer to some other entry clearance routes but are not applicable to EUSS or EEA family permits. Your application will be considered as soon as possible.

Visa decision waiting times: applications outside the UK - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
beloved is the belief that there are inherent differences in people's traits and capacities that are entirely due to their race, however defined, and that, as a consequence, justify the different treatment of those people, both socially and legally.

verty
Newly Registered

Post by verty » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:18 pm

kamoe wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:39 pm
verty wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:28 pm
they still haven't updated their processing times on the website which is pretty poor communication in my opinion!
Not poor communication, but policy. Look at this Freedom of information request, asking for up-to-date processing times for 2021. It has been denied.

They do not have the intention (or the obligation, apparently) of updating processing times because, on balance, they consider it is in the public interest to focus the working time of their staff in actually processing applications rather than in creating statistics on demand. Not saying I agree, just reporting on their official position.

Your best bet at getting the latest processing times is by looking at the thread here.

Thanks for providing the link on the processing times.
I didn't physically have a bio metrics appointment though. I downloaded the EU Exit app on my phone and it picked up the bio metrics information from my EU passport. The pole on that page cleary asks the time after a bio metrics appointment. I'm concerned that I had no appointment, I could try and apply for settled status without an appointment?

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:13 pm

verty wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:18 pm
I didn't physically have a bio metrics appointment though. I downloaded the EU Exit app on my phone and it picked up the bio metrics information from my EU passport.
Yes, that's normal if you already have a BRC.
The pole on that page clearly asks the time after a bio metrics appointment.
Don't look at the poll. That's mostly old information.

Browse the most recent posts, which will give you an idea of recent processing times. There are accounts from people with and without biometrics appointments.
I'm concerned that I had no appointment
Again, not having an appointment is normal if you applied via the app.
I could try and apply for settled status without an appointment?
What do you want, the status itself or a EUSS physical card? They are not the same thing.

If you just want to update your status, doing it through the app without an appointment is sufficient.

If you want a new EUSS card, then you need to book a biometrics appointment AFTER you have been granted a status. You cannot get a new biometric card without a biometrics appointment. The processing time people are reporting on that thread does not count that extra time of biometrics, if applied via the app.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

verty
Newly Registered

Post by verty » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:40 pm

I just want to be registered as settled status so I can legally remain in the UK

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:44 pm

verty wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:40 pm
I just want to be registered as settled status so I can legally remain in the UK
Actually, since you are an EU citizen, you don't need a biometric card; only the electronic status, so you are fine; no need for biometrics at all.

Do drop them a line and ask for an update. Sounds like you should have heard from them already. If that fails, you can escalate via your MP.

verty
Newly Registered

Post by verty » Tue May 04, 2021 10:43 am

kamoe wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:44 pm
verty wrote:
Actually, since you are an EU citizen, you don't need a biometric card; only the electronic status, so you are fine; no need for biometrics at all.

Do drop them a line and ask for an update. Sounds like you should have heard from them already. If that fails, you can escalate via your MP.
I tried to call them but they have an automated message saying you cannot get status on your application. However the website says 5 days without any cases that are not complicated. Up to one month with complicated cases. My case is very straight forward and now has basically been one month. Is there an email address that you know of that I can email and ask about my application at all?

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Tue May 04, 2021 11:09 am

verty wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 10:43 am
kamoe wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:44 pm
verty wrote:

I tried to call them but they have an automated message saying you cannot get status on your application. However the website says 5 days without any cases that are not complicated. Up to one month with complicated cases. My case is very straight forward and now has basically been one month. Is there an email address that you know of that I can email and ask about my application at all?
Mine was straightforward as well and took 1.5 months. Some people have been waiting for 2 months. Yours seems in line with that. Not much you can do but wait, I'm afraid.