ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to return to UK wihtout BRP

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Shazkp
Newly Registered
India

How to return to UK wihtout BRP

Post by Shazkp » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:05 pm

Hi All,

One of my friend had travelled to UK from India but he had to return back to India in 5 days because of some family emergency. He couldn't collect his BRP as he was in self-isolation. He is planning to come back to UK between 20-APR and 23-APR but his visa is ending on 27-APR. Can he collect his BRP after 10 days of isolation. Does he have to follow any process before he travels back to UK.

Thanks

secret.simon

Re: How to return to UK wihtout BRP

Post by secret.simon » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:45 pm

Provided he returns before the end of the visa, he should be fine.

He may have issued with the airline refusing to board him if he tries to travels after the date of expiry on his BRP.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Shazkp
Newly Registered
India

Re: How to return to UK wihtout BRP

Post by Shazkp » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:24 am

Thanks simon for responding.

His BRP validity is till next year end but his vignette visa on passport is expiring on 27-APR. Can he collect his BRP after he is back in UK. The gov.uk states that BRP will be present at post office only for 90days (90th day is on 27-APR). Does he have to request for a new one. If so what is the process for this and how long will it take.