ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Set(LR) Application want to chnage from Normal to Urgent Service

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Randhawa18
Newly Registered

10 Years ILR Application, 2 references and wife visa question

Post by Randhawa18 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:58 pm

Hi,
I have recently applied for ILR on basis of 10 Years period. My last visa was Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur. I have 2 questions here.

1. In application they require 2 British person names as reference. I have 1 british berson but other person is on ILR MEANS SETTLED. Is settled person acceptable or must provide british person name.

2. My wife came to UK last year on tier-1 dependent visa which will expire end of this month. Can i apply her visa with my 10years based ILR application or i need to wait for my ILR then apply for her. If i can apply then which visa category will apply on her and what are the requirements.

Kindly, give me detailed answer on it, please

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: 10 Years ILR Application, 2 references and wife visa question

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:43 am

1. There is no referee for ilr. What form are you completing and what exactly is the question in the form?? You seem to be confusing the citizenship form with the set LR form.

2. She has to apply for FLR M and meet the English and financial requirements. She must apply before her current visa expires. If your ilr fails, her FLR M will also fail.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Randhawa18
Newly Registered

Post by Randhawa18 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:14 am

Hi,
Thanks for your kind reply.

Yes, i am talking about Set LR Form. Exact Question is bellow

Q. Do you have any friends in your country of birth,
nationality or any other country where you have
lived for more than 5 years?

ANSWER: Yes/NO
Next question

Q. Give Details

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:20 am

That is NOT asking for a referee!!! It is a general question. Simply anssere truthfully. It does not state anywhere that you need 2 British referees!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Randhawa18
Newly Registered

Post by Randhawa18 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:04 pm

thanks sir.

It means i can use these 2 friend's names. 1 British and other friend is on Indefinite leave to remain in UK. Both are my best friends from long time.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:09 pm

The form is asking if you have ANY friends or family in your home country or any country you have lived. You don't seem to be understanding the question. It is not a referee the form is asking for.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Randhawa18
Newly Registered

Post by Randhawa18 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:31 pm

Hi,
Sorry to ask again n again. i understand your reply and question as well. I jusy asked that, apart of referees or british citizens , i can use these friends name there because these friends made here in UK since 2011.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:33 pm

Randhawa18 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:31 pm
Hi,
Sorry to ask again n again. i understand your reply and question as well. I jusy asked that, apart of referees or british citizens , i can use these friends name there because these friends made here in UK since 2011.
You do NOT have to specify their names. This is a general question. In details you can simply say “relatives” “friends” or “family friends” etc (if any).
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:58 pm

I’m guessing the question may relate to 276B(ii)
(b) strength of connections in the United Kingdom; and
(c) personal history, including character, conduct, associations and employment record; and
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Randhawa18
Newly Registered

ILR Set(LR) Application want to chnage from Normal to Urgent Service

Post by Randhawa18 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:19 am

Hi,
I did apply for ILR SET(LR) a month ago. As everyone knows that Home office start accepting applications under Premium Service.
Question is, shall i need to cancel my previous application and put totally fresh application to avail Premium Service
OR
I can upgrade currently under processing normal Category application to Premium Category through any mean. If second option true then how can i do this.

Kindly, advise me that what should i do, please

Regards
Randhawa

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Set(LR) Application want to chnage from Normal to Urgent Service

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:55 am

Have you already attended your biomterics appointment?

You cannot "upgrade" after you have applied.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Randhawa18
Newly Registered

Post by Randhawa18 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:15 am

Hi,
Yes I've attended biometrics appointment. If i cannot upgrade then what other options are?

Can i cancel application and put new application with same Application Fee and. I don't want to loose application fee which i have paid initially.

Kindly tell me in detail any, please

Best Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:24 am

If you cancel after biomterics, you lose the fee.

All you can do now is wait.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Randhawa18
Newly Registered

Post by Randhawa18 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:43 am

Thanks a lot for your kind information and advise.

Yes, i'll wait now.

Thanks again sir..

MYA

Post by MYA » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:05 pm

Randhawa18 wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:58 pm
Hi,
I have recently applied for ILR on basis of 10 Years period. My last visa was Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur. I have 2 questions here.

1. In application they require 2 British person names as reference. I have 1 british berson but other person is on ILR MEANS SETTLED. Is settled person acceptable or must provide british person name.

2. My wife came to UK last year on tier-1 dependent visa which will expire end of this month. Can i apply her visa with my 10years based ILR application or i need to wait for my ILR then apply for her. If i can apply then which visa category will apply on her and what are the requirements.

Kindly, give me detailed answer on it, please

Thanks
Hi randhawa, I just saw your timeline, and happy to know that you have received your approval today. Could u please tell that what time you receive your approval email?

Secondly which email address the HOMEOFFICE emailed you?

Thanks