ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

S status

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Zak1978
Newly Registered

S status

Post by Zak1978 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:10 pm

Hi .all

I am wondering if any one has same problem or have any info regarding the pre-s status

As my wife Arrived in the uk in on 12-03-2018 then she applied for he Rc she got it then after while we have lost the card then we applied again then she got it again and after brexit she applied for pre-s status she has that aswell.

My question is from witch date this account she has lived in the uk for entitle to apply for S-Status .

I am confused as she has lost her card in first place.

Thanks to all

kamoe

Re: S status

Post by kamoe » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:47 pm

She can apply after completing 5 consecutive years of meeting the two below conditions at the same time:

1. Being a EU national or the family member of a EU national
2. Residing in the UK

So, if she arrived when already married to you, then her clock starts on arrival date. If she married you after her arrival, clock starts on wedding date.

Having lost the card or having a temporary period with no card has no impact on how the 5 years are calculated. This happened to me and this did not create any gap. I was eligible after 5 years of my clock starting, no issue whatsoever.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Zak1978
Newly Registered

Post by Zak1978 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:57 pm

Thank for reply that is good news then

Yes we were married before arrival and she came as i was a british citizen who was working in germany.

So by the way she can apply for S status in march 2023? Am I correct?

Thanks again

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:07 pm

Correct. As long as the residence is continuous and all other requirements are met.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Zak1978
Newly Registered

Post by Zak1978 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:28 pm

Thank you so much