ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (FP) or FLR (M)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

elika
Newly Registered
United States of America

FLR (FP) or FLR (M)

Post by elika » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:24 pm

Hi everyone, I just have a couple of questions in preparation for my next renewal that I'm hoping you guys can help me with.

In January 2017 I was granted through the FLR FP Ten Year Partner route, when I reapplied to extend (which I did through the FLR FP form) Home office granted me a Five Year Partner route in July 2019 which I'm wondering if it was because our financial circumstances had improved? The letter states that I met the requirements of paragraphs R-LTRP.1.1 on (a), (b) and (c) of the rules. My current visa expires on the 4th of February 2022.

My first question is: When I apply to extend do I apply through FLR (M) which I think is most appropriate to apply for which is what I was granted and at the end of that expiry would complete the 5 Years on that route. Or do I apply through FLR (FP) as my first ever application went through?

A few more questions:

Is it still 28 days you can apply prior to expiry allowing me to apply on 5th of January 2022?

How many bills are in joint names are required? My husband and I currently have our tenancy agreement, council tax bill, gas & electricity and internet bill in joint names. Will these be enough in addition to my wage slips? I know it's recommended to spread them out every 3-4 months for the entire duration from when my last visa was approved.

For my last two applications I also provided supporting letters from friends and colleagues, would they still be beneficial to my last extension on this route?

Immigration Health Surcharge - I recently received part of a refund from the fee I paid because I've been employed with the NHS full time since March of 2020. Will I still continue to be exempt from paying as long as my employment with the NHS continues? (Want to make sure I have enough in the bank to pay what's due! As I'm already starting to save for Indefinite Leave to Remain.)

Those are all the questions I can think of at this moment, I hope you guys don't mind. I just remember my last application taking me 11 hours to complete from gathering everything, supporting statement, scanning & uploading. I want to try and be as prepared as possible without all the stress. I was an absolute mess last time as it was my first time submitting an application without a solicitor! :shock: