ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship application supporting documents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sunny80
Newly Registered

Citizenship application supporting documents

Post by Sunny80 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:36 pm

Hi

I have recently applied for citizenship along with my wife and 11 year old daughter. We all have ILR status.

Now im preparing for UKVCAS appointment and need some help regarding supporting documents for the following:

Proof of parental responsibility for my daughter?

Proof of living in the UK for 5 years?

Proof of freedom from immigration time restrictions?

Thank you so much for your help.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Citizenship application supporting documents

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:36 am

Sunny80 wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:36 pm
Hi

I have recently applied for citizenship along with my wife and 11 year old daughter. We all have ILR status.

Now im preparing for UKVCAS appointment and need some help regarding supporting documents for the following:

Proof of parental responsibility for my daughter?
Birth certificate mentioning parent(s) names

Proof of living in the UK for 5 years?
Assuming you are non-EEA citizen, passport(s) and entry/exit stamps covering 5 year qualifying period only

Proof of freedom from immigration time restrictions?
ILR BRP

Thank you so much for your help.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Sunny80
Newly Registered

Post by Sunny80 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:53 am

Thanks for your quick reply.

My Pakistani Passport expired last year and i was unable to renew it because of the covid lockdown. Can i still present it as a proof of living in the UK for last 5 years?

One more thing i would like to ask please, is marriage certificate a mandatory document?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:55 am

Sunny80 wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:53 am
Thanks for your quick reply.

My Pakistani Passport expired last year and i was unable to renew it because of the covid lockdown. Can i still present it as a proof of living in the UK for last 5 years?
In this case, you would have to submit alternate proof of residence for example, P60, employer letter etc for the period after the passport was expired and before date of application

One more thing i would like to ask please, is marriage certificate a mandatory document?
Not in your case if you are not married to a British Citizen
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Sunny80
Newly Registered

Post by Sunny80 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:58 am

Thank you very much for your help.

Can i take alk the required documents to the appointment and let them scan/upload for me?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:04 pm

Sunny80 wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:58 am
Thank you very much for your help.

Can i take alk the required documents to the appointment and let them scan/upload for me?
It is advisable that you scan and upload on your own to save time and hassle at the appointment.

However, you can buy the scanning service at the time of booking an appointment. The staff can do it for you at an additional cost.

Make an informed decision as you wish.

Sunny80
Newly Registered

Post by Sunny80 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:40 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:55 am
Sunny80 wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:53 am
In this case, you would have to submit alternate proof of residence for example, P60, employer letter etc for the period after the passport was expired and before date of application
Not in your case if you are not married to a British Citizen
Will it be sufficient to provide just the P60 and wage slips?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:50 pm

Just the P60s will be sufficient (note a P60 is the annual summary of your wage slips!).
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Sunny80
Newly Registered

Post by Sunny80 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:14 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:50 pm
Just the P60s will be sufficient (note a P60 is the annual summary of your wage slips!).
I have copies of eP60 sent in email. Is it ok to upload it and take a print out to the appointment or do i need original?

Sunny80
Newly Registered

Post by Sunny80 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:08 am

Also kindly advise if its ok to take photo of original docs and upload using a phone or it has to be a scanner?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:18 am

Sunny80 wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:14 am
alterhase58 wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:50 pm
I have copies of eP60 sent in email. Is it ok to upload it and take a print out to the appointment or do i need original?
OK to upload as is - you don't need to take the "originals" to the biometrics meeting if you self-upload. Your passport as ID will be required.
Also kindly advise if its ok to take photo of original docs and upload using a phone or it has to be a scanner?
I expect that PDF is the preferred document format, your phone should have some kind of app that produces PDF (or get it for free). Or else do JPG. Check what the instructions say in terms of format and file size.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:16 pm

PDF preferred as @alterhase58 said. JPEG accepted also. Each file size should be less than 6MB.
I have always used my smart phone to scan documents in PDF. Never had any issues.