ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any Tier-1 (General) new applicants??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

justice122

Post by justice122 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:41 am

Did any one called HO or anyone recieved there docs back today or this week?? seems like priority is been given to clear the backlog of OLD HSMP cases, as lot of them are recieveing intial approvals on this site. www.trackitt.com.

Regards

:)
grant1 wrote:
ob40 wrote:The silence is deafening :( . The Home Office is still at Aug 27.
still waiting.................................... :!: after 15 weeks of waiting.

cant do anything as we are at the recieving end, they are doing whatever they feel like. Havent called HO for 2 weeks as there is no point, it hurts even more when u hear the same response again and again i.e " Still Under Consideration". Applied in 2nd week of JUNE.

Hope this wait brings sweet result in the end. Keeping the faith :)

JESSIES

Post by JESSIES » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:52 am

hey Justice

I was told by a lady at the home office that Tier 1 apps and HSMP apps are processed differently. So I don't think the timeframe of one affects the other.

Though I have noticed that old HSMP apps are getting processed more often this week.

Sep08T1Applicant
Mood:

08 September 2008 Application are currently in progress

Post by Sep08T1Applicant » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:13 am

Hi All,
Hope everyone is fine and doing gr8, I know people are waiting for so long for having their results.

Homeoffice automated voice message is telling us that "we are currently processing application recieved on 29th of August 2008".

I luckily spoke to one of the representative at HO, she told me we are currently processing applications recieved on 08/09/2008 (8th of September 2008) which is a good news. The lady also told me your application is still waiting for allocation which might take couple of days more, so finger crossed.

I just wanted to share this information with you all.

My timelines are :
Application sent 06/09/2008
Ack receieved : 10/09/2008 (dated 09/09/2008)
Waiting for allocation yet...
AZ

laskk

Post by laskk » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:16 am

Hello Justice,
My frn is switching from WP to T1 hsmp. he applied on 29 may 2008.

but he was student 1 year ago, so he is showing back home country expc.

can u suggest me that he can apply for urgent treatment.

regards,
laskk
justice122 wrote:what category are ur friends switching from?? and when did they apply?
laskk wrote:hello grant1,
my frnz r still wating for thr document. as this week will be thr 18 week.

they are counting each n every second of the day and keep hope for the next day. the waiting is really killing them.

regards,
laskk
grant1 wrote:
still waiting.................................... :!: after 15 weeks of waiting.

cant do anything as we are at the recieving end, they are doing whatever they feel like. Havent called HO for 2 weeks as there is no point, it hurts even more when u hear the same response again and again i.e " Still Under Consideration". Applied in 2nd week of JUNE.

Hope this wait brings sweet result in the end. Keeping the faith
:)

grant1
Member of Standing

Post by grant1 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:39 am

Have been waiting for almost 3.5 months now for my docs to get back from HO. Havent called them for more than 2 weeks now as there is no point, as i already know the answer " Still under consideration"

soo frustrated with this whole thing that i cant explain. I would like to think that my case is straight forward as i have UK employer and Degree from very good UNI. Havent been back home for more than 2 years and also my grandma is very sick. it would be nice to go and see her, my family and celebrate diwali with them but this situation is soo unclear that cant even book a flight or plan anything in life. this is just outrageous and crazy. I dnt think its fair to keep hold of anyones passport for 4 months. its just sooo frustrating, i am trying to stay calm and positive but this wait is just killing me :oops: . i know we are at the recieveing end and we need to be paitent but there has to be some sort of rules and regulations for these people.

who cares about immigrants anyways ......................... i am going mad.

here4tier1

Post by here4tier1 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:34 am

did any1 got throught to CC executive? Any idea as to wht date's applications are they processing at the moment ?

here4tier1

Post by here4tier1 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:34 am

did any1 got through to CC executive? Any idea as to wht date's applications are they processing at the moment ?

here4tier1

Post by here4tier1 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:36 am

Sorry to have posted this message twice. :cry:

ob40

Post by ob40 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:40 am

here4tier1 wrote:did any1 got throught to CC executive? Any idea as to wht date's applications are they processing at the moment ?
Called a few minutes ago and the recording is still at 29 Aug. Last week some one mentioned that he spoke to them and they said that they are actually working around 8 Sept.

here4tier1

Post by here4tier1 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:34 am

ob40 wrote:
here4tier1 wrote:did any1 got throught to CC executive? Any idea as to wht date's applications are they processing at the moment ?
Called a few minutes ago and the recording is still at 29 Aug. Last week some one mentioned that he spoke to them and they said that they are actually working around 8 Sept.
Thanks OB40 :)

nevadawipes

Post by nevadawipes » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:31 pm

Last edited by nevadawipes on Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nevadawipes

Post by nevadawipes » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:32 pm

I know its very hard. Just keep the faith mate, u will definately get it, this wait will bring sweet result in the end. God Bless :D
grant1 wrote:Have been waiting for almost 3.5 months now for my docs to get back from HO. Havent called them for more than 2 weeks now as there is no point, as i already know the answer " Still under consideration"

soo frustrated with this whole thing that i cant explain. I would like to think that my case is straight forward as i have UK employer and Degree from very good UNI. Havent been back home for more than 2 years and also my grandma is very sick. it would be nice to go and see her, my family and celebrate diwali with them but this situation is soo unclear that cant even book a flight or plan anything in life. this is just outrageous and crazy. I dnt think its fair to keep hold of anyones passport for 4 months. its just sooo frustrating, i am trying to stay calm and positive but this wait is just killing me :oops: . i know we are at the recieveing end and we need to be paitent but there has to be some sort of rules and regulations for these people.

who cares about immigrants anyways ......................... i am going mad

here4tier1

Post by here4tier1 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:22 am

ob40 wrote:
Ha ha ... :D
funny thing just happened. I called the HO. And the aotumated system said "They are processing requests received until 28 Aug 2008" .... they are going backwards now :shock:

ob40

Post by ob40 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:57 am

here4tier1 wrote:
ob40 wrote:
Ha ha ... :D
funny thing just happened. I called the HO. And the aotumated system said "They are processing requests received until 28 Aug 2008" .... they are going backwards now :shock:
Yes only they can go back in time :D . However, a person at http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... c9754fe9d2 sent application on 5 Sept acked on 8 Sept already with the case worker.

laskk

Post by laskk » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:24 pm

hello every one,

just want to know about the applicant who waited for more then 5 months.

as my frn, next week will complete his 5 months.

views needed.

regards,
laskk

uktier1234

Post by uktier1234 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:34 pm

as per my observation so far........... people who applied under tier-1. if they get there passports max. in 3months are all good. but if u havent heard from them in maximum of 14weeks (3 months) then that means it can take up to anytime, thaugh 14weeks is not an official timeline anymore but it still seem to be working. i am not sure if its good or bad thing becuase we havent seen a result of a single case who have waited for more than 3 months and have got the docs back, since the introduction of Tier-1 from UK in April 08.

there are sooooo many people like ur friend who are waiting for more than 5-6months ( checkout www.trackit.com ). There is one guy who called CW direct last month, on a number given to him by his friend and was told that he will definately get his docs back before 10/10. so, he will be actually the first person who applied under tier-1 and waited for more than 4.5 months and then getting his docs back. his result will explain a lot about this difficult situation.

in the mean time, just wait and see whts happens.

Hope this helps
laskk wrote:hello every one,

views needed.

regards,
laskk

ob40

Post by ob40 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:53 pm

uktier1234 wrote:as per my observation so far........... people who applied under tier-1. if they get there passports max. in 3months are all good. but if u havent heard from them in maximum of 14weeks (3 months) then that means it can take up to anytime, thaugh 14weeks is not an official timeline anymore but it still seem to be working. i am not sure if its good or bad thing becuase we havent seen a result of a single case who have waited for more than 3 months and have got the docs back, since the introduction of Tier-1 from UK in April 08.

there are sooooo many people like ur friend who are waiting for more than 5-6months ( checkout www.trackit.com ). There is one guy who called CW direct last month, on a number given to him by his friend and was told that he will definately get his docs back before 10/10. so, he will be actually the first person who applied under tier-1 and waited for more than 4.5 months and then getting his docs back. his result will explain a lot about this difficult situation.

in the mean time, just wait and see whts happens.

Hope this helps
laskk wrote:hello every one,

views needed.

regards,
laskk
Some long delays have been because of the inability of the HO to verify the documents. At least in one case I know, the case was approved but for some odd reason the passport of the applicant was kept for about 14 weeks till he sent a UTR (travel due to family sickness) and then within a week of him filing the UTR his visa came through. In another case, a student's visa is taking a very long time as his documentation is mostly from overseas and they want to verify them.

According to their own website and service guidelines, one can ask definitive status if the case is beyond 14 weeks.

Tier1_Queries

Time to say Hurrah from my side...

Post by Tier1_Queries » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:32 pm

Guys,

Its time for me to say hurrah.. hurrah..

though it's bit late for me to write this thread... i got my Tier 1 visa stamped on the 26th of September valid for another 3 years from now..

My time lines:

Applied: 11th of August
Payments take: 13th of August
Received Reference : 16th of August
Docs received: Sep 27th

NO UT Request sent.

Just a word of caution from my side, ensure that your address is updated correctly in home office records as they made a mistake in tx'ing my address from my application as Flat 4 instead of Flat 5. It was a sheer negligence on their part and i had to keep knocking my neighbours doors to see whether the documents has arrived or not.

Otherwise, this forum had been a great support to me in gaining confidence in my application and in trying to find the approximate timelines for the applications being processed.

I wish all the best to every one in this forum waiting for the results of their application.

Tier1_Queries

Time to say Hurrah from my side...

Post by Tier1_Queries » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:40 pm

Guys,

Its time for me to say hurrah.. hurrah..

though it's bit late for me to write this thread... i got my Tier 1 visa stamped on the 26th of September valid for another 3 years from now..

My time lines:

Applied: 11th of August
Payments take: 13th of August
Received Reference : 16th of August
Docs received: Sep 27th

NO UT Request sent.

Just a word of caution from my side, ensure that your address is updated correctly in home office records as they made a mistake in tx'ing my address from my application as Flat 4 instead of Flat 5. It was a sheer negligence on their part and i had to keep knocking my neighbours doors to see whether the documents has arrived or not.

Otherwise, this forum had been a great support to me in gaining confidence in my application and in trying to find the approximate timelines for the applications being processed.

I wish all the best to every one in this forum waiting for the results of their application.

uktier1234

Post by uktier1234 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:57 pm

ob40 wrote: the case was approved but for some odd reason the passport of the applicant was kept for about 14 weeks.
was that 14 weeks in total or 14 weeks after the case was approved?? what category it was?

if its 14weeks in total, then its not a great deal as most of the people who have recieved there docs after aplying to HO have recieved ther docs before 14weeks. i am highlighting the people here who have been waiting for more than 14weeks (well over 3 months period). like laskk's 2 friends. if all the documents are from UK i.e employement and degree, then why do u think its taking more than 5 months to verify the papers?

on the other forum ( www.trackitt.com ) if you check there are some people like tazsingh, ukindianmba and planetm who are applying for tier-1 from wp and have been waiting for 5 months, much more than 14 weeks despite the fact that all the docs are from UK.

6 months to verify details?? :oops:

ob40

Post by ob40 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:24 pm

uktier1234 wrote:
ob40 wrote: the case was approved but for some odd reason the passport of the applicant was kept for about 14 weeks.
was that 14 weeks in total or 14 weeks after the case was approved?? what category it was?

if its 14weeks in total, then its not a great deal as most of the people who have recieved there docs after aplying to HO have recieved ther docs before 14weeks. i am highlighting the people here who have been waiting for more than 14weeks (well over 3 months period). like laskk's 2 friends. if all the documents are from UK i.e employement and degree, then why do u think its taking more than 5 months to verify the papers?

on the other forum ( www.trackitt.com ) if you check there are some people like tazsingh, ukindianmba and planetm who are applying for tier-1 from wp and have been waiting for 5 months, much more than 14 weeks despite the fact that all the docs are from UK.

Hi

Thanks for the reply. The person I am talking about spent 14 weeks from submission of the application and the category was HSMP extension before JR but after Tier 1, i.e., applied only a week after Tier 1 started in March. At that time incidently the Tier 1 had started but Tier 1 forms were not made available on the HO website so he applied on the old forms. The HO however accepted the old forms but then hung on to the passports for unknown reasons long after the approval. WP->Tier 1 cases that I have read on forums have a wide variation of behaviour from the HO, usually very strict. But then there is also a wide variation in the circumstances of each WP->Tier1 case that I have read, e.g., one applying after 2 months in UK and another applying close to the end of his WP. I only hope that the best happens for every one in this stressful situation.

Regards OB40

uktier1234

Post by uktier1234 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:37 pm

ob40 wrote:
uktier1234 wrote:
Thanks for the reply. The person I am talking about spent 14 weeks from submission of the application and the category was HSMP extension before JR but after Tier 1, i.e., applied only a week after Tier 1 started in March.
Regards OB40
Thats very true. Seem like student - tier1 cases are taking ages. they doesnt seem to have any order, people who applied in may, june are waiting and who aplied in sept. are getting there docs back

The point which i wanted to raise and have other members views on is,wht is taking soooooo long (upto 6months) for verification of the docs by HO both for (UK and abroad evidence). in most of the cases, if they dont want to issue you a visa they return your docs in 2 or max. 3 months. havent seen anyone so far (since the time of intoduction of tier1 in 04/08 ) who had to wait for more than 14weeks (3 months) and havent been issued or issued a visa. so dnt know if people who are waiting for more than 14weeks, for them its a good or bad thing?

Have to wait and find out. Cant do anything...................... :!: HELPLESS

betterlatethannever

timeline - hyd

Post by betterlatethannever » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:57 pm

Any one applied from Hyderabad(India) in last week of august or first week of september??? Pls post if you have any updates...

I called BHC, Chennai today and got to know that still my application is in queue. I applied on 1-Sept-08 for tier 1 (general).

Request everyone to mention place from where they applied while posting timelines. It is very confusing/misleading without place applied from.

nevadawipes

Re: timeline - hyd

Post by nevadawipes » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:22 pm

DUPLICATE POST
betterlatethannever wrote:Any one applied from Hyderabad(India) in last week of august or first week of september??? Pls post if you have any updates...

I called BHC, Chennai today and got to know that still my application is in queue. I applied on 1-Sept-08 for tier 1 (general).

Request everyone to mention place from where they applied while posting timelines. It is very confusing/misleading without place applied from.

uktier1234

Post by uktier1234 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:38 am

ob40 wrote:
uktier1234 wrote:
Thanks for the reply. The person I am talking about spent 14 weeks from submission of the application and the category was HSMP extension before JR but after Tier 1, i.e., applied only a week after Tier 1 started in March.
Regards OB40
Thats very true. Seem like student - tier1 cases are taking ages. they doesnt seem to have any order, people who applied in may, june are waiting and who aplied in sept. are getting there docs back

The point which i wanted to raise and have other members views on is,wht is taking soooooo long (upto 6months) for verification of the docs by HO both for (UK and abroad evidence). in most of the cases, if they dont want to issue you a visa they return your docs in 2 or max. 3 months. havent seen anyone so far (since the time of intoduction of tier1 in 04/08 ) who had to wait for more than 14weeks (3 months) and havent been issued or issued a visa. so dnt know if people who are waiting for more than 14weeks, for them its a good or bad thing?

Have to wait and find out. Cant do anything...................... :!: HELPLESS