ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No Insurance FPN No declaration for Settled status question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kgnot
- thin ice -

Re: No Insurance FPN No declaration for Settled status question

Post by kgnot » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:59 pm

I gave up on my immigration adviser. I think they are all shit in the UK anyway and know just as much as me before I started this process.
A new question now that is more important then ever.
Should I fill up an explanation regarding the penalties here by clicking Yes:

If you do not meet the statutory requirements to become a British citizen, are there any special circumstances why you think the Home Secretary should still grant your application?
Or is it too extreme to write an essay to the Home Secretary? Also will I have an opportunity after I pay to attach an explanation letter? The additional information is only 500 characters.

kgnot
- thin ice -

Post by kgnot » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:07 pm

By additional information I mean the section called "Give other details to be considered" is only 500 characters.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:02 pm

You will be able to upload a letter together with your other documents.
The question regarding not meeting "statutory requirements" is for requirements you would normally be rejected on if they are not met.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

kgnot
- thin ice -

Post by kgnot » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:06 pm

So should i put yes if I have one fpn this year and another 3 years and a half prior on the ground of not meeting good character potentially? Or is it some hard line like not beig in the UK for long time or some criminal conviction?
I mean is it bad if I click yes and type all that is in my explanation letter here too?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:15 pm

I would select "No" and of course attach your explanation letter re. FPN. Applicants don't routinely get rejected because of tickets, unless they are persistent offenders with numerous unpaid fines and court cases. If for example you had a serious criminal conviction with long custodial sentence then you'd probably need to address the question.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

kgnot
- thin ice -

Post by kgnot » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:12 am

After I paid for the visa I was directed to book a 200 pounds appointment with UKVAS. I never saw anything like that here on the website did I do something wrong? Can I avoid this cost? I though I will just upload documents...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:32 am

If there are no free appointments, you have to pay unfortunately, many have had to pay the ukcvas appointment fee.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kgnot
- thin ice -

Post by kgnot » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:59 am

I can not even pay it...I click the button but nothing happens...

kgnot
- thin ice -

Post by kgnot » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:15 am

:| Nobody knows why so I was forced to click on a one that is so far away just because it was free.
SO just co confirm with you guys I can upload my documents until the deadline when I have to give my details on 10 of November right? There is no slowdown or faster admission if I click to upload them today?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:07 pm

Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

kgnot
- thin ice -

Post by kgnot » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:51 pm

Did you just refer me to an 87 page thread?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:29 pm

kgnot wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:51 pm
Did you just refer me to an 87 page thread?
Post your biometrics related questions on the thread provided. Will respond you there. Also, if you read through the pages, you will get your answers.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Taz20
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Re: Confirmation regarding No belt course

Post by Taz20 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:50 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:54 pm
I think you do not understand. It is the FPN. You just choose to go for an awareness course. Plus, consult a legal advisor if you are in doubt.
Dear Zimba,
I do understand your advice, no need to declare speed awareness course but this is what I found from one of your moderator.
Still confused. Don't know what to do. Please help
Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Confirmation regarding No belt course

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:14 am

Taz20 wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:50 am
CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:54 pm
I think you do not understand. It is the FPN. You just choose to go for an awareness course. Plus, consult a legal advisor if you are in doubt.
Dear Zimba,
I do understand your advice, no need to declare speed awareness course but this is what I found from one of your moderator.
Still confused. Don't know what to do. Please help
Thanks
You have been repeatedly advised by Zimba that you do NOT have to declare speed awareness course for your ILR. Why are you mixing ILR and Naturalisation rules?!

@Zimba wrote:
As I said you do not need to disclose it. ONLY convictions must be disclosed. There is no deception, stop being paranoid. I cannot repeat myself over and over again

kgnot
- thin ice -

Post by kgnot » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:49 pm

Guys I didi my bimoetrics at UKVCAS but I have written confirmation I did it. I called british naturalization and they said they are just advicers and have no such information.
Should I be worried? How to get a written confirmation or check that indeed my documents are forwarded? I can still upload documents at the visas site...

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:28 pm

kgnot wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:49 pm
Guys I didi my bimoetrics at UKVCAS but I have written confirmation I did it. I called british naturalization and they said they are just advicers and have no such information.
Should I be worried? How to get a written confirmation or check that indeed my documents are forwarded? I can still upload documents at the visas site...
You already have an answer where you posted earlier. Please do not create duplicate posts. Also, please keep biometrics related questions in the same thread where you rightly posted earlier.
british-citizenship/biometrics-appointm ... -2020.html

kgnot
- thin ice -

Post by kgnot » Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:20 am

Which site do I have to go to change my address? I changed it on my driving license and as a self employed do I need to notify https://visa-address-update.service.gov.uk/ ?
I have a positive decision made for my application but I wait for the letter with the certificate that it was sent to arrive.

kgnot
- thin ice -

Post by kgnot » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:22 am

So far it is going well although I did have to trave 430 miles to my older address to pick up my british citizenship certificate and do a Covid compliant ceremony.
My next hurdle for british passport is find an eligible person to vouch for my photo. Can it be one of my referals?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:18 am

Yes.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:14 pm

Yes as @alterhase58 said given the one you use meet the requirements and is a British Citizen.

https://www.gov.uk/confirm-identity-onl ... pplication