ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Referee forms questions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Fk27
Newly Registered
Russia

Naturalisation form help

Post by Fk27 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:35 am

Hello,

I am completing Naturalisation application after ILR was granted via SET(M). I would appreciate if you could help me to confirm the following :
1) In the English language part: I used the currently approved English test B1 as a part of both FLR(M) extension and SET(M). I understand I can re-use it for the naturalisation as well. The application form asks: 'Tell us the previous visa, entry clearance or leave to remain you had'. Do I need to list both FLR(M) and SET(M) or just ILR?
2) in the 'Do you have any dependants not applying with you t this time'.. Do I need to mention my son who is British citizen?
3) In the Immigration details, do I need to list all the visa I had in the last 10 years or just the ones that led to ILR, i.e. Spouse visa? I came to UK on work visa and switched to spouse visa 5 years after
4) Referee:
Does the company director/Prof qualification referee needs to be a British citizen?
When they say non-related referee, does it exclude my husband's relatives as well? Can't I use my husband's aunt as a referee?

Thank you

Fk27
Newly Registered
Russia

Referee forms questions

Post by Fk27 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:58 am

Hello,
I am struggling with the understanding of some of the professions on the allowed referee list. I have 2 potential candidates :
-Product manager in a well known insurance company - would it qualify for 'insurance agent'?
-Director in a large Investment bank-would it qualify under 'banking official'
Thank you

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Referee forms questions

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:19 pm

Fk27 wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:58 am
Hello,
I am struggling with the understanding of some of the professions on the allowed referee list. I have 2 potential candidates :
-Product manager in a well known insurance company - would it qualify for 'insurance agent'?
-Director in a large Investment bank-would it qualify under 'banking official'
Thank you
The referee requirements are clear:
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... on_MN1.pdf

See professional person list Page 25:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 2.0ext.pdf
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Naturalisation form help

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:22 pm

Fk27 wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:35 am
Hello,

I am completing Naturalisation application after ILR was granted via SET(M). I would appreciate if you could help me to confirm the following :
1) In the English language part: I used the currently approved English test B1 as a part of both FLR(M) extension and SET(M). I understand I can re-use it for the naturalisation as well. The application form asks: 'Tell us the previous visa, entry clearance or leave to remain you had'. Do I need to list both FLR(M) and SET(M) or just ILR?
ILR
2) in the 'Do you have any dependants not applying with you t this time'.. Do I need to mention my son who is British citizen?
Select yes and clarify at the end in the additional notes that your son is a British Citizen.
3) In the Immigration details, do I need to list all the visa I had in the last 10 years or just the ones that led to ILR, i.e. Spouse visa? I came to UK on work visa and switched to spouse visa 5 years after
ALL UK immigration applications
4) Referee:
Does the company director/Prof qualification referee needs to be a British citizen?
When they say non-related referee, does it exclude my husband's relatives as well? Can't I use my husband's aunt as a referee?
See previous post

Thank you
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Fk27
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by Fk27 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:57 pm

Thank you @cullinan,it was very helpful!
I have read the referee requirements a few times and still not quite sure. Perhaps just being overly cautious with Home Office. Do you think a person whose job title says Director in Vat registered UK branch of an international bank would qualify for a professional referee?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:18 pm

Fk27 wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:57 pm
Thank you @cullinan,it was very helpful!
I have read the referee requirements a few times and still not quite sure. Perhaps just being overly cautious with Home Office. Do you think a person whose job title says Director in Vat registered UK branch of an international bank would qualify for a professional referee?
Yes.

Fk27
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by Fk27 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:30 pm

Brilliant, thank you!