ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Absences SAR request

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

UK-EU-UK
Newly Registered
Mood:
Spain

Notional pay in the payslip

Post by UK-EU-UK » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:46 pm

Hello,

I’m thinking to apply for British citizenship but I have been advised that because there is a notional pay P690 on my payslip, that may go against my case as it shows I also have a domicile outside UK.
It says on the guide that “ An applicant only needs to have been physically present in the UK for the purpose of the act. They do not have to have been ordinarily resident or domiciled here.” which can explain why I have a notional pay.
Does anybody know what HO look at when it comes to review taxes? Do they check if you own taxes to HMRC?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Notional pay in the payslip

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:17 pm

For naturalisation there are no financial requirements as such. If you owe taxes you are expected to comply with any arrangements you have made for paying.

Your P60s are to prove you residency - it could also be a letter from your employers confirming you are employed by them, or Council Tax bills.
By "domicile outside UK" do you mean you have a property abroad and/or do you spend substantial amounts of time there? That could create issues with excess absences from the UK.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

UK-EU-UK
Newly Registered
Mood:
Spain

Post by UK-EU-UK » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:25 pm

I’m domiciled outside the U.K., so I don’t know if it will be a problem when they check my records. Do they check where you are domiciled for tax purposes?

I guess that even I’m domiciled outside the U.K. I have to show strong ties with the U.K., and if so, what ties could I show to them?

Many thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:59 pm

How many days in the five years residency period are you away from the UK?

page 9 on: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... l_2021.pdf
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

UK-EU-UK
Newly Registered
Mood:
Spain

Post by UK-EU-UK » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:04 pm

Over the limit, but I can justify it because the nature of my job

UK-EU-UK
Newly Registered
Mood:
Spain

Post by UK-EU-UK » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:11 pm

Is there a problem if you are non tax domiciled in the U.K.?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:44 pm

As I pointed out earlier, for naturalisation there are no specific financial requirements such as levels of income or profits , taxes/NI, or benefits claimed/not claimed.

However, if not done so already, in this context you should review the "Future intentions requirement" Page 33pp: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 7.0ext.pdf

Quote:
"Information may also come to our attention that HMRC regard an applicant as
domiciled abroad for tax purposes. In such cases, you must request the applicant's
permission to contact the HMRC. You should then ask the HMRC to provide us with
a copy of the applicant's completed ‘Domicile Enquiry’ questionnaire, which may
throw some light on future intentions. If the applicant refuses permission you must
refuse the application."

UK-EU-UK
Newly Registered
Mood:
Spain

Post by UK-EU-UK » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:31 pm

Thank you so much.

I don’t remember completing that form. Will there be a problem if they don’t have it? Many thanks in advance for your help!

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:04 am

UK-EU-UK wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:31 pm
Thank you so much.

I don’t remember completing that form. Will there be a problem if they don’t have it? Many thanks in advance for your help!
Can't really comment on this (unless another member has experience of this) - it's not something we see here regularly. Perhaps you should consider getting professional advice on your case (note forum rules don't allow members to recommend lawyers).

UK-EU-UK
Newly Registered
Mood:
Spain

Absences SAR request

Post by UK-EU-UK » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:24 am

Hello,

I’m cabin crew and I’m trying to apply for British naturalisation.

I have requested a SAR document to make my application as much accurate as possible, however, I have found that the SAR request does not cover all of my trips.

Is that the only information Home Office have about my trips? On the other hand, some times, I have been arriving or leaving the U.K. positioning as a passenger (not operating as crew), but again, that information is not shown on the SAR document which makes me wonder if when Border Control scan your passport, do they keep any information about you entering the U.K. or they just check your passport to make sure is ok and the information they keep is the one provided by the API from the airlines?

Many thanks

If I complete my application based on the SAR request, will it be acceptable?

wootme
Newly Registered

Re: Absences SAR request

Post by wootme » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:51 am

I requested my SAR in order to double check my dates too and some of my entries/exits were missing. Most notably the ones through the euro channel.

When I took a second look I realised that the data they sent me is just what the advanced passenger information system that airlines use sent to Border Control and not the times my passport was scanned. For example, in one instance where my flight got canceled and I was assigned another flight the same day, the information they shared in the SAR had me leaving the country twice the same day.

I think they must have another system where they actually have all records of border control checks, unfortunately they don't share that in the SAR. I did specifically ask them that I was submitting the SAR for the purpose of checking my AN application information but they still didn't include all of that.

I still submitted all the travel dates I had instead of what they shared in the SAR.

UK-EU-UK
Newly Registered
Mood:
Spain

Post by UK-EU-UK » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:52 am

Maybe when they scan the passport, they also keep the information of your entry at that moment?

I really don’t know if to make the list from some of my rosters or as much as I can remember or to follow the SAR request information document.

dexmo

Post by dexmo » Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:11 am

wootme wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:51 am
I requested my SAR in order to double check my dates too and some of my entries/exits were missing. Most notably the ones through the euro channel.

When I took a second look I realised that the data they sent me is just what the advanced passenger information system that airlines use sent to Border Control and not the times my passport was scanned. For example, in one instance where my flight got canceled and I was assigned another flight the same day, the information they shared in the SAR had me leaving the country twice the same day.

I think they must have another system where they actually have all records of border control checks, unfortunately they don't share that in the SAR. I did specifically ask them that I was submitting the SAR for the purpose of checking my AN application information but they still didn't include all of that.

I still submitted all the travel dates I had instead of what they shared in the SAR.
Your SAR travel history is indeed based on the data submitted to the UK Border Agency by the airlines. If you read the notes on your SAR it says 'the accuracy of information within any reports provided is dependent upon the quality of data submitted'. The bottom line is that quality is not great.

There is no other system at UK borders that records people's movements, well, apart from your Passenger Locator Form but that's recent and obviously is there due to COVID and only includes data for entering the country. Your passport is scanned and/or your chip is read to read the data on the datapage/chip, check the document is genuine and confirm your identity. Your movement in and out of the country is not recorded when the passport is scanned/read.